Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

What ever happend to the GRD Helmet?

OP CooKiiExM0nSTeR

I Remember it a while ago it was like a whole big conspiracy as to if it was going to be in halo reach. What ever happend to that? Did 343 ever speak on that ?
I remember asking one of the 343 members during a community playdate thing. I think all he said was "that's classified" then we all had a good laugh about it..But to answer your question I'm not really sure what became of it.
Yeah.....i heard about that Helmet, but im not sure what really resulted in its disappearance.
It's a stupid doll that does absolutely nothing (benficial, I mean) and can be found on some Anniversary maps only. The wearable helmet does not exist.
I believe what happened is that 343i was unable to make armor DLC as they had planned for Halo: Reach. They instead brought the helmet in as an easter egg (as I'm sure you are aware) as they could not bring it in by other means. (Again, pure speculation).

With Halo 4 they rectified the DLC problem by the look so things, although I am intriqued as to why they didn't bring GRD into the game when they had tried to do it before.
It was originally planned to release with the Anniversary Map Pack IIRC, but it was cut due to time constraints.

Or at least according to David Ellis.

Hey look, a source! :P
Quote:
It was originally planned to release with the Anniversary Map Pack IIRC, but it was cut due to time constraints.

Wasn't the technology at the time unable to add dlc?

That's why they put the doll easter eggs. As a nod to the community eagle eyed catch on the ign teaser pic.
Quote:
Quote:

Wasn't the technology at the time unable to add dlc?

That's why they put the doll easter eggs. As a nod to the community eagle eyed catch on the ign teaser pic.
No idea, they never said. Obviously they found out a way to make it work, but we don't know what that is.