Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

What Halo Spinoff game would you like to see?

OP JayGEL44

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I loved the concept of playing as an ODST in Halo 3 ODST. I would love for a game similar to this as either a marine or another ODST where each mission or story Arc you get dropped into another battle/planet. Also a game focused on ship to ship combat in space would be epic imo. Or playing as part of a Headhunter duo as one of the Spartan III elite kinda army of two style. Instead of trying to force a new protaganist like they did in 5 with lock, how would you like to see the Halo universe live on?
A game from the perspective of the Covenant. Could be set during the first encounter(s) with humanity or exploring the various rebellions and power struggles within the Covenant itself.
A space ship combat thing would be awesome too!
Honestly if they made another ODST esq game I would love that, I just finished replaying its campaign yesterday because it is one of my top 3 favorite halo campaigns. But yes I would love another one from the perspective of ODST, it was just such a fun game I’d love to see another one.
Back when halo 4 was New, i use to wish a game Where a marine was the protagonist either fighting the insurrecionist or the covenant (at the time of the first contact with humanity)
There are two ideas that I would like to see as a spin-off:
  1. A game was you can take control of an existing colony or build your colony. Being able to choose URF or UNSC or Covie for factions, and be able to create a vast army, form alliances, and declare war.
  2. A flood horror/horde game. I have 2 pretty good ideas:
1. It is 2555. In the depths of the Voi Exclusion Zone, something has survived. ONI initiated an Emergency Response Directive (ERD) codenamed OPERATION: Cloak and Dagger. You are part of an elite ODST Fireteam, created by ONI, called Omega-3 (prior teams have been lost to the Covies during the war).
Alongside you, are the Spartan-IV teams Fireteam Stingray and Fireteam Taurus, based on the UNSC Carrier Milwaukee. Your job: Find the source of the new infestation, secure the area, and use any means necessary to ensure the public doesn't know of this outbreak and the true nature of this Exclusion Zone's
black ink history...
2. A flood research station is attacked by covenant, causing the flood to be unleashed. Being forced to fight together, a team of 4 humans and 2 elites must join forces in order to quell the outbreak.
A flood survival horror game.
Where in the Galaxy is John Sandiego?
A game from the point of view of Elites where you wreck Marines or something.
Any of the books turned into games would be good. Like Buck becoming a spartan.
I actually got a lot of enjoyment out of the Halo Wars games since they combined two of my favorite games growing up (Halo and Command & Conquer). So if they did like just a completely overhauled Halo Wars game with all sorts of various factions you can play as with all the vehicles/units from the Halo Universe would be pretty awesome.

Aside from that, I think an Online Halo game done in kinda like the Open World style of the Defiance game (But better than the Defiance game) would be pretty cool. Players could join in open world servers and run around doing various missions/tasks based off of the faction they choose. They could even get into all sorts of fighting situations ranging from small firefights to full blown battles/wars with a massive amount of players. Even include some aerial combat. Maybe it could be just an open world with to massive opposing forces like UNSC vs Covenant, and each side could do tasks or missions to gather resources or intel that could aid their side in combat. To win, you could have a couple of options such as destroy the enemies HQ or maybe take out their leader (players will keep respawning as long as their leader is alive) before wiping out the enemy army. Throw in some player customization and classes they could fight as. Maybe it could be Spartans vs Elites but they throw in some AI fodder to deal with as well. Maybe similar to how Warzone was done, but on a much larger open world scale.
To further the Halo Wars suggestion, I would like it if Halo Wars was changed to be an actual RTS. By that I mean it needs to be tailored to the PC experience, because right now it is very consolized and I can't take it seriously. I mean, it doesn't even let you hotkey units for quick production whilst looking elsewhere, a very basic feature in most other titles of the genre.

Also not a big fan of the "wheel" approach to menus that is very obviously meant for consoles and controllers. It also seems to have a pretty low unit cap so you don't ever really get too big an army to manage. My biggest gripe though is how buildings are actually placed. You can only build on predefined spots, and you have a very limited number of spots. Games far older (like the C&C) series, even the console versions let you place buildings pretty much wherever you wanted, why can't we in Halo Wars?

It might sound like I really hate Halo Wars but I own the limited edition of the first one but have been a bit apprehensive to buy the second because it does not address the things I have pointed out. I love the RTS genre and I love Halo, all I want is a good, competent Halo RTS.
As others have said before but I think a flood horror game from the perspective of a marine or ODST would be a great addition to the series. Something like the Dead Space series. I played the .... out of that demo. And that would be something I would really enjoy!
JayGEL44 wrote:
I loved the concept of playing as an ODST in Halo 3 ODST. I would love for a game similar to this as either a marine or another ODST where each mission or story Arc you get dropped into another battle/planet. Also a game focused on ship to ship combat in space would be epic imo. Or playing as part of a Headhunter duo as one of the Spartan III elite kinda army of two style. Instead of trying to force a new protaganist like they did in 5 with lock, how would you like to see the Halo universe live on?
I Would like to see a spin off about the Sanghellios Battle
Where in the Galaxy is John Sandiego?
Is better than jonny dep
I really liked the villains from Halo Wars 2, so in all honesty if we could see them in a Halo title that would be awesome.
A game where you get to play as Nathan Fillion and collect a fat paycheck.
A collaboration between mojang and 343 for a minecraft-rts-fps hybrid starring yabda the grunt on a methane planet
Playing from the perspective of the convenant or flood would be pretty sweet
anything that delves into covenant lore and enables us a wider perspective on their religious fervor and campaigns/ inner rebellions.. or an apocalyptic survival game with marines civilians and brutes against the flood.
I would love one being a Forerunner again ya the flood, just think about it. See by your own an feel the fall of the mythic Forerunner empire!!!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2