Forums / Games / Halo: Reach and Legacy Halo

[Locked] What if Noble Six got on the Autumn with Chief?

OP CR0N14

I suddenly got a weird thought and also wanted to kinda see how many people are still active in the Halo Reach forum!

So what if Noble Six actually boarded the Pillar of Autumn at the end of Reach instead of choosing to stay behind and die? This is assuming that the Autumn could take off and escape Reach intact without the Mass Driver support to take down that final Covenant ship, the job Noble Six had to stay back to do. So basically if the Autumn had taken off with Noble Six safely, that would mean that in the events of halo 1 when the first halo ring is found, Six would be there to fight alongside with Chief! Quite a thought, right.
Well I just finished the game again. I think that would be awesome, but it would change chief being the whole last spartan/savior theme. I wish they would have had Noble just get knocked out or something instead of him dying.
Well I just finished the game again. I think that would be awesome, but it would change chief being the whole last spartan/savior theme. I wish they would have had Noble just get knocked out or something instead of him dying.
I agree that would've been good.
Yeah, but there was that book, "Fall of Reach", that released before Combat Evolved, in which there were a bunch of Spartan 2's ... one of which was on the Autumn with Chief named "Linda", who was basically on life-support in a cryo tube and ejected around Installation 04 then retrieved afterwards when they got Johnson ... then also the rest of Blue Team and a bunch of others. Bungie ignored those books because ... well, I think they thought the expanded lore would over-complicate the games, but 343 seems to enjoy it (which is why they included THIS LOVELY LINDA EASTER EGG IN CEA) and ... well, it kinda over-complicated the games, didn't it? lol. Point is, that booklet for Halo 2 that said Chief was the last Spartan? Lies. All lies. And not in hindsight, either. (Also, Jun survived, didn't he?).

But I'm not gonna lie: since I dress my Noble 6 up in all Mark V (like this) when I play co-op CE, it has crossed my mind, "hey, wouldn't it be neat if this was Chief and Noble 6?"
I think it would be cool, but the main point of Reach was to humanize the spartans and show that no matter how bad -Yoink- they were or are, sometimes the random twists and turns of fate during war can result in the downfall of anyone, Kat got sniped by a needler rifle because her shields were down from the glassing, but she died instead of six for no reason other than dumb chance. Same thing with Six, he and emile would have lived had those Zealots not shown up. Having Six survive defeats a lot of this purpose.
I think it would be cool, but the main point of Reach was to humanize the spartans and show that no matter how bad -Yoink- they were or are, sometimes the random twists and turns of fate during war can result in the downfall of anyone, Kat got sniped by a needler rifle because her shields were down from the glassing, but she died instead of six for no reason other than dumb chance. Same thing with Six, he and emile would have lived had those Zealots not shown up. Having Six survive defeats a lot of this purpose.
Lol but out of all the Spartans Jun survived, this was kinda random to me. I've always felt that Jorge's and Carter's death could have been prevented, by the way. Like I was always confused why Jorge had to stay behind to activate the slip space drive when before that cutscene triggered there were live Marines with Six and Jorge who could have sacrificed themselves instead of Jorge... and Carter could always have maybe set his Pelican for a course to crash into the Scarab, then got out of his chair and jumped out through the open hatch like a pro.

Of course I'm just looking at these events with a very practical eye, when animating those retarded actions in the cutscenes would have probably looked really dumb, and yeah it would have defeated the point of the game. Although, yeah I guess what I pointed out are kind of really lame plot holes. Yeah. Hope you don't find those cutscenes really dumb from now on whenever you watch them and think about what I said. Hehe.
CR0N14 wrote:
Lol but out of all the Spartans Jun survived, this was kinda random to me. I've always felt that Jorge's and Carter's death could have been prevented, by the way. Like I was always confused why Jorge had to stay behind to activate the slip space drive when before that cutscene triggered there were live Marines with Six and Jorge who could have sacrificed themselves instead of Jorge... and Carter could always have maybe set his Pelican for a course to crash into the Scarab, then got out of his chair and jumped out through the open hatch like a pro.

Of course I'm just looking at these events with a very practical eye, when animating those retarded actions in the cutscenes would have probably looked really dumb, and yeah it would have defeated the point of the game. Although, yeah I guess what I pointed out are kind of really lame plot holes. Yeah. Hope you don't find those cutscenes really dumb from now on whenever you watch them and think about what I said. Hehe.
Well Carter was probably mortally wounded from the banshee fire as Auntie dot noted before Emile and Six jumped out of the Pelican thus making him either incapable or too slow to leave it in time, and I am sure those marines died and even had one been alive, I don't think Jorge would have allowed anyone else besides himself to make that kind of sacrifice since Reach was his home.
Yeah it would be pretty cool and all. Though sadly Emiles death meant that he had to stay behind, Otherwise the events after HCE wouldn't have happened. The covies would have won.
CR0N14 wrote:
I suddenly got a weird thought and also wanted to kinda see how many people are still active in the Halo Reach forum!

So what if Noble Six actually boarded the Pillar of Autumn at the end of Reach instead of choosing to stay behind and die? This is assuming that the Autumn could take off and escape Reach intact without the Mass Driver support to take down that final Covenant ship, the job Noble Six had to stay back to do. So basically if the Autumn had taken off with Noble Six safely, that would mean that in the events of halo 1 when the first halo ring is found, Six would be there to fight alongside with Chief! Quite a thought, right.
It would have been cool if that happened, but instead of Six being in Halo CE, think about this. What if Six dogged that Elite energy dagger at the end of Reach story, and killed the rest of the covenant in his area, stole a Phantom and then boarded a Covenant Freighter and stole it, then went on other missions and eventually became a SIV with a Gen2 version of his armor?
I would imaging noble 6 taking a break and think about noble team. Then meet up with jun. Then fight more. Then either goes to retirment and trains others or he dies in battle.
No disrespect, I know this is kinda rude but can people stop making these what if topics? It's never gonna happen, (I don't think) but yeah.
it would be weird but cool i would say
Vulture TF wrote:
No disrespect, I know this is kinda rude but can people stop making these what if topics? It's never gonna happen, (I don't think) but yeah.
Obviously they would never halt the current story, do a little detour, and maybe re-write some story elements just to satisfy these quirky little what-ifs, that's just dumb. And none of these kind of threads actually exist to encourage the Developers to re-think over these key plot decisions, they're just made because, hey, isnt it fun to just talk about all the lore wet dreams we Halo fans must have. This is just a general discussion to share each other's views and emotions, it's simply a fun scenario for people to briefly think about, a little tid-bit, if you please. If we wanted 343 to remake an entire Bungie game just to satisfy some bored fan's fantasies and mess up every other game's plot in the process, then yeah omg stop these 'what-if' threads man 😆
CR0N14 wrote:

It would have been cool if that happened, but instead of Six being in Halo CE, think about this. What if Six dogged that Elite energy dagger at the end of Reach story, and killed the rest of the covenant in his area, stole a Phantom and then boarded a Covenant Freighter and stole it, then went on other missions and eventually became a SIV with a Gen2 version of his armor?
Why would he become a Spartan IV? He's already a Spartan III. But NO, Noble 6 should not have survived, (or been knocked out) because it would ruin the hole Reach was the biggest defeat for Humanity during the war. That Battle, just showed how terrible it was to be on Reach, not even a hyper-leathal Spartan could survive it.
Shhy Panda wrote:
I would imaging noble 6 taking a break and think about noble team. Then meet up with jun. Then fight more. Then either goes to retirment and trains others or he dies in battle.
i agree.
It would be the game of the century to witness two legends working together
Wow. For 2 player, you could play as Noble 6. Halo Reach could have been Noble 6's backstory. But what would they call him then? Just Noble, or 6?
Let's not resurrect old threads please and thanks!