Forums / Games / Halo: Reach and Legacy Halo

What if noble team didn't die?

OP strwarsmax419

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
So I've been thinking about it, and I think that all of noble teams deaths could have been avoided. We see that marines were still on the Corvette, so one of them could have detonated it instead of Jorge. Kat could have taken the other elevator. Carter didnt have to kill himself, and if Emile just watched his motion tracker he wouldn't have gotten stabbed. And as for noble six, I see no reason why Keyes pelican couldn't have just picked him up after he shot down the cruiser. What are your thoughts?
Jorge was doing it out of love for Reach and believed he was saving it, I assume the weight of all those Spartans would have brought that elevator down, Carter did it to take down the scarab otherwise Emile and Six would never have made it to Pillar of Autumn and finally the Autumn was on a timer there wouldn't have been enough time to go back and grab six and make it back before the autumn took off.
Jorge was doing it out of love for Reach and believed he was saving it, I assume the weight of all those Spartans would have brought that elevator down, Carter did it to take down the scarab otherwise Emile and Six would never have made it to Pillar of Autumn and finally the Autumn was on a timer there wouldn't have been enough time to go back and grab six and make it back before the autumn took off.
OK, fair point, but Kat should have still lived. I don't know why the plasma shielding didn't block the needle rifle shot. I got hit by those in the head tons of times in the campaign and I didn't die
OK, fair point, but Kat should have still lived. I don't know why the plasma shielding didn't block the needle rifle shot. I got hit by those in the head tons of times in the campaign and I didn't die
The radiation from the blast that made Noble team head to the elevators knocked out there shields or weakened them so Kat was vulnerable to the Needler Rifle.
Now that I think about it, if Noble Team did survive, then we could have had them instead of Osiris in Halo 5. So many interesting possibilities with that!
Rhydon65 wrote:
Now that I think about it, if Noble Team did survive, then we could have had them instead of Osiris in Halo 5. So many interesting possibilities with that!
Yeah that would be cool, but then noble six would be kind of weird because they probably wouldn't know which gender to make him
Canonically Noble Six is male
Then they would die later.
Then they would die later.
Sad but true lol.
The death of the noble team is beautiful because they died in combat in true spartan, and I find it good for history.
Just looking over the forums here, and this is a really interesting topic!

I personally rate Reach as being one of the very best campaigns in the entire series. It's no mean feat that what basically amounts to a story about soldiers facing impossible odds manages to steer well clear of cliche. Noble team are such a well used bunch of characters from a writing standpoint that you really do feel something when each of them bites it. Even Emile, who was the bad seed of the bunch early on (remember the tension between him and Jorge?)

I vividly remember playing the epilogue for the first time, and groaning 'don't make me play this part!' But I don't think I would personally change the resolutions of those characters if I could. The tragedy and inevitability of their deaths - while at the same time serving a greater good - is what makes the game so memorable, I think.
I love Reach but they are dead. According to official cannon Jun is the only surviving member. We never actually see Noble 6 die but they say he is dead so unless they bring him back hes dead.
Nooga wrote:
I love Reach but they are dead. According to official cannon Jun is the only surviving member. We never actually see Noble 6 die but they say he is dead so unless they bring him back hes dead.
I'm not saying that they lived, because I know full well that they died. It's more of a what if
I didn't see marines in the Corvette. I don't think Kat's could be avoided that's like a what if thing cause no one could of guessed that would happen that's a big what if for her. Carter I feel was dumb same with Emile. For 6 it was time critical they had to go asap. Preparation to take off maybe? Who knows
They'll still get killed from The Covenant glassing reach, Reach fell with million casualties including Noble Team
Jorge sacrificed himself instead six or any other marines because he loved reach he thought he would save the planet, of course he didn't know about the fleet that was about to arrive. The radiation of the explosion disabled spartans shields so that's why kat was killed by one shot, she would never get into the other elevator because the rest of the team already got there, and there was no space for kat and six in it, and if she and six gets in the elevator first, probably someone else would join them and the two remaining spartans would get in the other elevator, however, someone will die (nor kat or six) but someone else of the elevator where kat, six and the other spartan aren't, would have been shoteed by the needle rifle. I don't know how the hell jun died, carter has his pelican very damaged and crashing it was the fastest way to destroy the scara, besides carter was bleeding, he was about to die. About emile, i think the elites were camouflaged so that's why they didn't appeared in his motion tracker (fun fact: if you hit or shot emile's "dead" body, he will still have his shield, and it will still recharging itself, likewise with the elites) noble six was doomed when he refused to escape from the pelican, if they had luck, they maybe could get to the pillar of autumn (although the banshees and phantoms) and the captain maybe would have time to turn on the autumn's engines and escape from reach (in fact, for this to happen, is almost impossible, because the time that needed to the autumn's departure, the covenant cruiser already should be in range to shoot, and if the pelican waits for six to destroy every ship with the mac cannon, the explosion of the covenant cruiser would destroy the pillar of autumn. And if you think six would survive to seven zealots, you're wrong :)
I don't want them to survive, it creates a more dark side to halo, as if everything wont always be right and sacrifices are made at war
Jorge sacrificed himself instead six or any other marines because he loved reach he thought he would save the planet, of course he didn't know about the fleet that was about to arrive. The radiation of the explosion disabled spartans shields so that's why kat was killed by one shot, she would never get into the other elevator because the rest of the team already got there, and there was no space for kat and six in it, and if she and six gets in the elevator first, probably someone else would join them and the two remaining spartans would get in the other elevator, however, someone will die (nor kat or six) but someone else of the elevator where kat, six and the other spartan aren't, would have been shoteed by the needle rifle. I don't know how the hell jun died, carter has his pelican very damaged and crashing it was the fastest way to destroy the scara, besides carter was bleeding, he was about to die. About emile, i think the elites were camouflaged so that's why they didn't appeared in his motion tracker (fun fact: if you hit or shot emile's "dead" body, he will still have his shield, and it will still recharging itself, likewise with the elites) noble six was doomed when he refused to escape from the pelican, if they had luck, they maybe could get to the pillar of autumn (although the banshees and phantoms) and the captain maybe would have time to turn on the autumn's engines and escape from reach (in fact, for this to happen, is almost impossible, because the time that needed to the autumn's departure, the covenant cruiser already should be in range to shoot, and if the pelican waits for six to destroy every ship with the mac cannon, the explosion of the covenant cruiser would destroy the pillar of autumn. And if you think six would survive to seven zealots, you're wrong :)
The thing about Carter bleeding doesn't make sense though, because the covenant use plasma based weapons, so there shouldn't be blood as the wounds would cauterize
The thing about Carter bleeding doesn't make sense though, because the covenant use plasma based weapons, so there shouldn't be blood as the wounds would cauterize
Hahaha you are right, i didn't realized until now
Jun is still alive The info is here.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2