Forums / Games / Halo: Reach and Legacy Halo

What if noble team didn't die?

OP strwarsmax419

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
dempsy40 wrote:
Jorge was doing it out of love for Reach and believed he was saving it, I assume the weight of all those Spartans would have brought that elevator down, Carter did it to take down the scarab otherwise Emile and Six would never have made it to Pillar of Autumn and finally the Autumn was on a timer there wouldn't have been enough time to go back and grab six and make it back before the autumn took off.
On the topic of Jorge; I've given it some thought--I think, canonically, all of the Marines died. Jorge said "Six, form up on me" not "Men, form up on me". That, combined with the fact that the Marines had essentially signed up for a suicide mission tells me they died--and in addition; Jorge wouldn't sacrifice himself unnecessarily for the sake of nostalgia. No, I think the last Marines were killed in the Elite ambush at the end, leaving Jorge with no choice.
dempsy40 wrote:
Jorge was doing it out of love for Reach and believed he was saving it, I assume the weight of all those Spartans would have brought that elevator down, Carter did it to take down the scarab otherwise Emile and Six would never have made it to Pillar of Autumn and finally the Autumn was on a timer there wouldn't have been enough time to go back and grab six and make it back before the autumn took off.
OK, fair point, but Kat should have still lived. I don't know why the plasma shielding didn't block the needle rifle shot. I got hit by those in the head tons of times in the campaign and I didn't die
Kat actually had programmed voice lines complaining about how her shields had been acting up--the EMP blast likely overloaded them.
Jorge sacrificed himself instead six or any other marines because he loved reach he thought he would save the planet, of course he didn't know about the fleet that was about to arrive. The radiation of the explosion disabled spartans shields so that's why kat was killed by one shot, she would never get into the other elevator because the rest of the team already got there, and there was no space for kat and six in it, and if she and six gets in the elevator first, probably someone else would join them and the two remaining spartans would get in the other elevator, however, someone will die (nor kat or six) but someone else of the elevator where kat, six and the other spartan aren't, would have been shoteed by the needle rifle. I don't know how the hell jun died, carter has his pelican very damaged and crashing it was the fastest way to destroy the scara, besides carter was bleeding, he was about to die. About emile, i think the elites were camouflaged so that's why they didn't appeared in his motion tracker (fun fact: if you hit or shot emile's "dead" body, he will still have his shield, and it will still recharging itself, likewise with the elites) noble six was doomed when he refused to escape from the pelican, if they had luck, they maybe could get to the pillar of autumn (although the banshees and phantoms) and the captain maybe would have time to turn on the autumn's engines and escape from reach (in fact, for this to happen, is almost impossible, because the time that needed to the autumn's departure, the covenant cruiser already should be in range to shoot, and if the pelican waits for six to destroy every ship with the mac cannon, the explosion of the covenant cruiser would destroy the pillar of autumn. And if you think six would survive to seven zealots, you're wrong :)
Jun is still alive The info is here.
Wow! I didn't know that! Thanks
Jorge potentially survived in the sense that it was a slipspace bomb. If he put his helmet back on, he'd have arrived in space someplace else. He could've landed on a planet. He was at the epicenter, so he was where it all got "transported".

Kat, if her shields hadn't been dumb then she'd be around. But, her death is irreversible. It was sudden (though perfectly done), and it wasn't a lucky shot. That field Marshall meant business. They're actually lucky he didn't go for multiple shots, as all of their shields were down.

Jun, survived. We all know that. He moved on to train Spartan IV's.

Carter. Boss man might've jumped from the explosion, might've set for an autopilot. But honestly - he was far too critically injured to make it anywhere. I bet you anything after he said Carter out, he'd slackened right down. In his last moments before death, he'd let go of the controls and let the pelican fly itself in. However - biofoam could've sustained his injuries, and he could've made it to the launch facility for medical equipment.

Emile. Now I've seen a couple sneer comments of " "Oh should've checked his motion tracker." Y'all realize the Zealot had been silently creeping up on him? Slow movement means no motion tracker activity. If Emile had been more vigilant on his situational awareness, he'd have been fine. Emile however would not survive the energy sword blow. The sword is plasma - it'd melt ones insides. By the time Emile pulled himself off the sword, his internal organs were burnt to a crisp, or melted to goop. His blood would've boiled. Emile is dead.

Noble Six - honestly? Realistically it is up to you how your noble six got out of it.Canonically with the Noble Six we know, however, it could be that he was not stabbed by the elite, and instead the fight just cut off early. Though it is wide belief that Noble Six did end up dying there, regardless of if he fought beyond what the cutscene showed. The hyper lethal vector will always have limits, and Six just don't got 117's luck.

My only question is - who else avenged Emile and Kat by assassinating that god damn Field Marshall? I don't care if he's gotta fuel Rod and an energy sword - in my campaign he goes down to a knife in the neck.
Noble Six - honestly? Realistically it is up to you how your noble six got out of it.Canonically with the Noble Six we know, however, it could be that he was not stabbed by the elite, and instead the fight just cut off early. Though it is wide belief that Noble Six did end up dying there, regardless of if he fought beyond what the cutscene showed. The hyper lethal vector will always have limits, and Six just don't got 117's luck.
Canonically Six is dead, this has been confirmed
Carter's sacrifice could probably have been avoided. I have passed scarabs during The Pillar of Autumn on foot, so Emile and Noble Six probably could have done so. However, Carter's injuries at the time may or may not have been fatal. His pelican was also on fire. Kat logically should have survived because none crystal-based covenant weapons do not deal instant death damage from headshots. Furthermore, Kat's shield was still in effect at the time. Jun did survive. Nothing to say there. Emile's death is hard to judge. On the one hand, he may have died from a lack of awareness of his surroundings at the time. On the other hand, those were zealots, so he could quite possibly have been overwhelmed regardless of his level of awareness. He is no Noble Six. Jorge died by his own choice. In hindsight, Jorge's sacrifice seems to have been in vain, but the information at the time of Jorge's sacrifice excluded such hindsight. Noble Six's death was virtually inevitable. That said, had any of the others survived to that point, then Noble Six could have survived at the expense of one of his fellow Noble Team members.

Ranking the Noble Team members' deaths from most avoidable to least avoidable (in my opinion):
  • Kat - Should have been impossible.
  • Jorge - Likely could have just "walked away."
  • Emile - If he paid more attention, then maybe he would have survived... Maybe.
  • Carter - Was seriously injured to say the least, and his pelican was on fire before his sacrifice whilst being trailed by banshees.
  • Noble Six - If the deaths of the other Noble Team members are taken for granted, then his death was nearly certain. He was deserted on a covenant-seized Reach with no inbound support. His resources would eventually diminish to nothing.
stckrboy wrote:
You misunderstand what I meant. Noble Six most definitely died. I just mean that the cutscene of his death cut short at a moment that left us asking questions - bungie wanted stuff like this forum to exist. What I'm suggesting is he had a bit more fight in him, and continued on even further.
stckrboy wrote:
You misunderstand. I simply meant that Noble Six kept fighting a bit longer. He definitely died. Bungie left off the fight on a moment that left us asking questions - did he really die? Did he get away? The answer is no, but it don't stop the dream. My dream is to see another elite on the killcount constantly. Noble six was inspiring, as quiet and secluded as he may be.

Note: Sorry for the accidental double quote
Carter's sacrifice could probably have been avoided. I have passed scarabs during The Pillar of Autumn on foot, so Emile and Noble Six probably could have done so. However, Carter's injuries at the time may or may not have been fatal. His pelican was also on fire. Kat logically should have survived because none crystal-based covenant weapons do not deal instant death damage from headshots. Furthermore, Kat's shield was still in effect at the time. Jun did survive. Nothing to say there. Emile's death is hard to judge. On the one hand, he may have died from a lack of awareness of his surroundings at the time. On the other hand, those were zealots, so he could quite possibly have been overwhelmed regardless of his level of awareness. He is no Noble Six. Jorge died by his own choice. In hindsight, Jorge's sacrifice seems to have been in vain, but the information at the time of Jorge's sacrifice excluded such hindsight. Noble Six's death was virtually inevitable. That said, had any of the others survived to that point, then Noble Six could have survived at the expense of one of his fellow Noble Team members.

Ranking the Noble Team members' deaths from most avoidable to least avoidable (in my opinion):
  • Emile - If he paid more attention, then maybe he would have survived... Maybe.
  • Carter - Was seriously injured to say the least, and his pelican was on fire before his sacrifice whilst being trailed by banshees.
  • Noble Six - If the deaths of the other Noble Team members are taken for granted, then his death was nearly certain. He was deserted on a covenant-seized Reach with no inbound support. His resources would eventually diminish to nothing.
Kat's death was possible.
1. Shields were inactive. You don't even see them break, or glow, so there was no shielding. This happened due to the radiation flare (Though technically the amount exposed was apparently fatal, but we ignore that part :) )
2. It was a needle rifle. It had the distinct sound, and it penetrated her head cleanly.

Kat's death was possible.
1. Shields were inactive. You don't even see them break, or glow, so there was no shielding. This happened due to the radiation flare (Though technically the amount exposed was apparently fatal, but we ignore that part :) )
2. It was a needle rifle. It had the distinct sound, and it penetrated her head cleanly.
Good catch. I failed to realize that Kat's shields would have been visibly affected by the needle rifle, had they been on.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2