Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

What's The Most Garbage Gamemode?

OP RuggyBunnyYT

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Hello, Ruggy here. Im just asking what is the most garbage gamemode in any Halo game. In my opinion, it's Assault.
Halo Reach’s Juggernaut. I mean I could customize it yes but the juggernaut is like invincible.
Now the most garbage game mode of all time, is assassinations. That is the dumbest game mode there is.
Dominion in Halo 4 is the epitome example of 'an idea better on paper', the mode's objective combined with Halo 4's mechanics changed the pacing of the gameplay to a point where it felt like you were playing an entirely different game all together, and not for the better.
Husky Raid for me. It's a fun mode for customs, but incredibly shallow for matchmaking.
Grifball. It was fun in the early days but as time went on it drew a bad crowd with the simple mindset of boosting. Great for custom games, bad for matchmaking.
Frogger game variants in custom games are boring to me, which is why I always try to either break the map or get out of the map whenever people would choose this gametype in custom games XD.

Good examples of this include:
Mega Wheelies
Deloading the Map
Moar Mega Wheelies
Hello, Ruggy here. Im just asking what is the most garbage gamemode in any Halo game. In my opinion, it's Assault.
Assault? Hot take. I don't agree but this is what the post is for haha.

Stockpile is trash and boring. Hate playing it.
I hated anything to do with action sack before halo 4. It wasn't crazy, funny and epic, it was just... awkward, derp. Like only plasma pistols walking at 50% speed or trying to hit a golf ball until it falls into a distant hole, and waiting until it came back... Even 5's action sack was more decent.
Halo 3 grifball.
Vohark wrote:
Dominion in Halo 4 is the epitome example of 'an idea better on paper', the mode's objective combined with Halo 4's mechanics changed the pacing of the gameplay to a point where it felt like you were playing an entirely different game all together, and not for the better.
I'd honestly say Extraction is worse than Dominion. At least the turret defences are pretty cool, but I don't think a single Halo 4 map works well with Extraction.
I know alot of people will hate me after this comment but I know some people can relate when I say Griffball is one of the worst gametypes ever... Why do I most of the time keep failing battles with the hammer in Griff even with the knowledge of mini strafing I die and most people are better than me.. Living Dead another 1 of my most disliked.. I'm almost always the zombie and my shotgun never kills the zombies 😂 I had to drop these playlists on this post I hate em and suck at em!! For those that love them that's good, it's not my cup of tea. I love custom made awesome zombie maps in customs just not the MM maps online.
I’d say Griffball. In the early days it was fun but now all it is, is an AFK/ boosters paradise... still fun in customs games tho
Grifball has BECOME one of the worst as time has gone on. It started out great during the Halo 3-Reach days, but after that it has become a toxic hellhole. Nothing fun about it anymore, just endless K/D boosting.

Extraction could have been good, but there aren't any maps that properly support it. Objectives are either too easy to camp or too easy to spam. This is a game mode that should have its own specially-made maps.

Stockpile wasn't great, either. It's a great idea on paper: two teams scurrying around, fighting over neutral flags, it sounds fun! However, the fact you could only carry one flag at a time, and you were slowed and vulnerable while doing, so made it feel very sluggish. God help anybody that was trying for those Stockpile achievements in OG Reach, especially if they couldn't get You Ate All The Chips (42 gamerscore? WHY!?). Now Speedpile, that was fun.
Slo mo assassinations in H5
I honestly think it does not matter much, because if you get trolls/AFKers or whatever else in your team, they will render any mode garbage, even your favourite one, unless it is FFA. Griefball is the prime example of that. Great mode, but ruined by boosters, AFKers, etc...
I think the worst game mode is infection I'm sorry I'm sorry, i just feel like its all tryhards or noobs and ive never gotten good at infection so maybe its just me, but i think infection might die out.
Halo 4's Swat.
If we're not talking official, i'll go ahead and say i'm not quite fond of Assassination Tower from customs.
Grifball has BECOME one of the worst as time has gone on. It started out great during the Halo 3-Reach days, but after that it has become a toxic hellhole. Nothing fun about it anymore, just endless K/D boosting.

Extraction could have been good, but there aren't any maps that properly support it. Objectives are either too easy to camp or too easy to spam. This is a game mode that should have its own specially-made maps.

Stockpile wasn't great, either. It's a great idea on paper: two teams scurrying around, fighting over neutral flags, it sounds fun! However, the fact you could only carry one flag at a time, and you were slowed and vulnerable while doing, so made it feel very sluggish. God help anybody that was trying for those Stockpile achievements in OG Reach, especially if they couldn't get You Ate All The Chips (42 gamerscore? WHY!?). Now Speedpile, that was fun.
Can I use this for my English Essay?

Can I use this for my English Essay?
If you want, sure.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2