Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

What's The Most Garbage Gamemode?

OP RuggyBunnyYT

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Grifball has BECOME one of the worst as time has gone on. It started out great during the Halo 3-Reach days, but after that it has become a toxic hellhole. Nothing fun about it anymore, just endless K/D boosting.

Extraction could have been good, but there aren't any maps that properly support it. Objectives are either too easy to camp or too easy to spam. This is a game mode that should have its own specially-made maps.

Stockpile wasn't great, either. It's a great idea on paper: two teams scurrying around, fighting over neutral flags, it sounds fun! However, the fact you could only carry one flag at a time, and you were slowed and vulnerable while doing, so made it feel very sluggish. God help anybody that was trying for those Stockpile achievements in OG Reach, especially if they couldn't get You Ate All The Chips (42 gamerscore? WHY!?). Now Speedpile, that was fun.
Can I use this for my English Essay?
If you want, sure.
It's just so formal.
Griffball easily, there were afks every game
I played a bit of that a month or two ago and in every game there was a hacker flying around. He always had the ball and would float just high enough so that we couldn’t reach him.
I played a bit of that a month or two ago and in every game there was a hacker flying around. He always had the ball and would float just high enough so that we couldn’t reach him.
that sucks, people like that just ruin the game
Yes. They do. I started playing because I learned that you could get a good 10k credits a game. I never got those 10k credits.
Yes. They do. I started playing because I learned that you could get a good 10k credits a game. I never got those 10k credits.
There is a Halo: Reach bug where if you leave the game and start it back up, your daily and weekly challenges reset and you can do them again, infinite credits a day.
There is a Halo: Reach bug where if you leave the game and start it back up, your daily and weekly challenges reset and you can do them again, infinite credits a day.
I realized that yesterday. I’m gonna start doing that more often. I really wanna rank up. I’m almost a Brigadier rank😁
I realized that yesterday. I’m gonna start doing that more often. I really wanna rank up.
You rank up, be General by tomorrow!
I realized that yesterday. I’m gonna start doing that more often. I really wanna rank up.
Right sorry lol. I’ll be a General soon. Not a Brigadier. Anyway, I really, really want that Mark VI helmet. It’s super cool. Love it.
Right sorry lol. I’ll be a General soon. Not a Brigadier. Anyway, I really, really want that Mark VI helmet. It’s super cool. Love it.
I'm always going to be loyal to the ODST helmet.
I'm always going to be loyal to the haunted helmet.
I don’t have a helmet I’m loyal to. I love the ODST helmet. But I love the Mark V [B] with the U/HUL attachment. When I get the Mark VI, then I’ll have something to be loyal to.
I don’t have a helmet I’m loyal to. I love the ODST helmet. But I love the Mark V [B] with the U/HUL attachment. When I get the Mark VI, then I’ll have something to be loyal to.
Understandable.
My least favourite game mode is definitely Husky Raid in Halo 5. Capture The Flag on small straight-line maps with minimal cover that is made completely redundant by the abundance of explosive weapons and dominated by snipers who revel in being able to effortlessly snipe players who spawned with close range weapons and have no cover? Yes, that just isn't for me. Unfortunately, if I want to play the equally frustrating Fiesta Slayer I have to put up with this mode since they are in the same playlist.

And the runner-up: Grifball in Halo: Reach. I don't even have to explain this one. Nothing but cheating goes on there and if you even dare to try and play it as it should, you might as well play a reverse version of Juggernaut where you, the Juggernaut, are helpless and targeted by everyone.

Speaking of Juggnernaut...
Halo Reach’s Juggernaut. I mean I could customize it yes but the juggernaut is like invincible.
How can you do Juggernaut in like that? I'm pretty sure it doesn't appear at all in Reach matchmaking, and certainly no one plays this mode except maybe a few...
It was even absent in Halo 4 and 5, much to my disappointment. Sure, it is different from other modes, but I don't think it is a bad mode. I think it is rather unique.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2