Forums / Games / Halo: Reach and Legacy Halo

What's your favorite halo game and why?

OP SergeantCaleb56

I'll have to go with the classic halo 3, because it was the first one I played and I like the weapons.
Halo: Combat Evolved. The beginning of everything, and easily the most well-balanced campaign on Legendary.
Halo 2. I thoroughly enjoyed the campaign and loved how difficult it was on legendary as I only like to play on that difficulty.
Halo 3 will always be my favourite Halo game because it was the first Halo game I owned (I had played Halo: CE and 2, but as I had a PlayStation 2, I never owned them back in the early 2000's). Halo 3 will always hold a special place in my heart as it is the game where I hold the most memories from all the custom games I had played and it is where I met many of my friends today.

I like to also think that it is the root cause of me and my wife meeting despite us only meeting a couple of years ago during Halo 5's reign. Had it not been for Halo 3, I probably would have never have met her.
Although I thoroughly enjoyed Halo 3, many of my best memories are from Halo: Reach. Possibly due to the fact that I wasn't old enough during H3 to really appreciate it as much as I did Reach. Reach was perfect for me. In my opinion, the multiplayer was great, the campaign was exceptional and a great story and the forge was at its best in this game.
x N7 117 x wrote:
Halo 3 will always be my favourite Halo game because it was the first Halo game I owned (I had played Halo: CE and 2, but as I had a PlayStation 2, I never owned them back in the early 2000's). Halo 3 will always hold a special place in my heart as it is the game where I hold the most memories from all the custom games I had played and it is where I met many of my friends today.

I like to also think that it is the root cause of me and my wife meeting despite us only meeting a couple of years ago during Halo 5's reign. Had it not been for Halo 3, I probably would have never have met her.
My answer was different but sir you brought tears to my eyes.
x N7 117 x wrote:

As a series, Halo can mean many different things to people. To some, they are just video games; to others they are a way to develop lasting friendships with people all over the world. While I am British, my wife is American, so it is a match made in Halo 😊
x N7 117 x wrote:
x N7 117 x wrote:

As a series, Halo can mean many different things to people. To some, they are just video games; to others they are a way to develop lasting friendships with people all over the world. While I am British, my wife is American, so it is a match made in Halo 😊
To me halo is not just a game as well. 👍👍
I always found 2 to be the most fun in terms of gunplay and just general exploration.
CE is currently on a pedestal of formative years nostalgia for me, so they're both fighting for the top spot.
Halo 2 holds a special place because it is the first game I ever played in the series. Loved the story and gameplay. Plus it was our first exposure to playing as Arbiter.

Reach very close to it, because it is, technically, the series’ first massive incident against the Covenant timeline-wise. Plus, the intro to armor abilities was awesome and I loved the gameplay... even Kat’s Hijinks lol. The story was great too, in my opinion.
Halo 3/Halo 3 ODST. Halo 3 was the first ever video game I played but with no internet I couldn't experience Multiplayer till it was backwards compatible which was a bumber. Halo 3 ODST is what got me into ODSTs I liked their armor and especially their stealthy way of attack. I never played ODST till MCC so I never got to feel what firefight was like till Reach, but Reach and ODSTs firefight is really different but thats another topic. I liked both 3 and ODSTs story and gameplay and its sad to see what they did to my man Buck in 5. So theres my fav Halos, criticism on how I made this post is most accepted Danke.
That's like picking a favourite child! lol Having said that, Halo 3 would definitely get the college fund.