Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

What's your most unpopular Halo opinion?

OP SeargentSa1t

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Mine is that the more I've played Reach over the years, the less I've liked it and I think it is extremely overrated due to nostalgia. To be fair, I played it 5 years ago when I was still pretty young so I do have some nostalgia for it, but looking at it critically I really don't like it as much as any of the first three games or ODST. It's just that way more sandbox elements were taken out than there were added, and the story, gameplay, level, and map design are basically inferior in every way to the previous games. I don't hate it, it's just that when I pop in MCC Reach is the one I'd least want to play, besides Halo 4.

What's your unpopular opinion?
Halo 3 is my least favorite Halo. The storys fine its just the character models and something about the gameplay that bug me when ever I play it.
Halo 3 is my least favorite Halo. The storys fine its just the character models and something about the gameplay that bug me when ever I play it.
What's your favorite?
This is also an unpopular opinion but my favorite is 4 lol. Its because I have personal connections with it. Other wise I would say Halo 2 or CE.
Halo CE is overrated. I liked the story a lot but I don't think it is very fun to play. The back half of the missions like Two Betrayals and Keys are just complete backtracking and I feel like those missions are never going to end when I play them. I know it started it all but it is 100% my least favorite of the BUNGiE Halo games.
I think halo 5 was the most hated of all, what do you say?
dryrain23 wrote:
Halo CE is overrated. I liked the story a lot but I don't think it is very fun to play. The back half of the missions like Two Betrayals and Keys are just complete backtracking and I feel like those missions are never going to end when I play them. I know it started it all but it is 100% my least favorite of the BUNGiE Halo games.
Yup same here. I get that it’s the first Halo and we should respect it as such but grinding the achievements for that campaign was the absolute worst. Felt like way too much of a chore rather than playing for fun. CE will always have a special place in my heart but it’s like remembering an old SNES game and remembering how much you loved it but you know if you played it today you’d stop playing after about an hour lol
Yeah I'd say it was but that's not really an unpopular opinion
Hey man, it’s been a while.
My opinion:
Halo Reach is the best Halo game.
Halo Reach has the best multiplayer
Halo Reach had the best story
Sprint improved Halo
SOUZA117 wrote:
dryrain23 wrote:
Yup same here. I get that it’s the first Halo and we should respect it as such but grinding the achievements for that campaign was the absolute worst. Felt like way too much of a chore rather than playing for fun. CE will always have a special place in my heart but it’s like remembering an old SNES game and remembering how much you loved it but you know if you played it today you’d stop playing after about an hour lol
I agree with you and dryrain23. You both have summed up my feelings perfectly for why I felt Halo: CE is a bit overrated. I respect it still, but it didn't age well.
Halo Reach sprint is sluggish
Halo is better with armor abilities and pick ups.

Evade to be included with your Spartan.
I like ground pound and Spartan charge(campaign, firefight, forge, and Custom games only)
H4s high point are only with Chief, Cortana, Lasky, and Dr. Telson
Atriox is overrated and Red Team were jobbers in the fight
Buck personality is off compared to Odst.
I want H5s Arbiter to be fully armored instead of one arm exposed.
I like 4s armor customization. Not the artstyle, but the mechanic instead of H3 and Reach slap pieces of armor on the default suit.
The library is awsome.
Halo 3's Big Team maps suck. Halo 2 had the better Big Team map design.
Halo 5's changes to Elites were awful in most opinions, but whose to say they can't be a different variant of Sangheili with different body type and structure. I don't like them, as do most people, but they could easily be explained as a variant.
Reach is probably the worst game in the series (although I have not played 5). The weapon sandbox is boring with many weapons being just redundant, uninspired or pointless (plasma rifle vs plasma repeater, fuel rod cannon vs plasma launcher), most weapons just don't feel good to use, Jorge is the only even remotely memorable character, the story is servicable at best and the art style just being umpleasant, which I know is supposed to play into the whole "We've already lost." thing, but the whole "modern military shooter" aesthetic just doesn't mesh well with Halo.
Armour abilities are cool though, and arguably better utilised than in Halo 4.
It's just ok to me, but definitely my least fav
Oh, I have a pretty unpopular Halo opinion...and that is my opinion that the Halo 3 Assault Rifle actually sounds really nice. I don't know, there is something about the sound that I find really satisfying. Everyone else says it sounds like a pellet or toy gun...
In my opinion, Halo CE is probably one of the most overrated Halo games released to this date. Few of the reasons for this is that the campaign has some major flaws like way too powerful rocket floods and the mission Two Betrayals which is a perfect example of Bungie cramming as many enemies as possible into a confined space.
Darkon444 wrote:
Reach is probably the worst game in the series (although I have not played 5). The weapon sandbox is boring with many weapons being just redundant, uninspired or pointless (plasma rifle vs plasma repeater, fuel rod cannon vs plasma launcher), most weapons just don't feel good to use, Jorge is the only even remotely memorable character, the story is servicable at best and the art style just being umpleasant, which I know is supposed to play into the whole "We've already lost." thing, but the whole "modern military shooter" aesthetic just doesn't mesh well with Halo.
Armour abilities are cool though, and arguably better utilised than in Halo 4.
This basically summarizes my feelings about Reach. To me Reach just isn't that fun, and I can't quite put my finger on why.
I’ve always hated the multiplayer. Ever since the series started leaning more on PvP rather then the campaign or firefight, its been hard.
I really hate Halo 4 and 5 due to the AI enemies being annoying, frustrating, and not fun to fight against like the earlier games.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2