Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

What's your most unpopular Halo opinion?

OP SeargentSa1t

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6
Mine is Reach.
I hated the Jetpack introduction und the DMR.
Halo needs a battle rifle.
The DMR is gay but does that make the game suck?
Never said it sucked, played it from day 1.
But compared to the other Halos its my least favorite.
Beside H5 which i never played.
If i think about Reach in one word its grey.
Mine is Reach.
I hated the Jetpack introduction und the DMR.
Halo needs a battle rifle.
The DMR is gay but does that make the game suck?
Never said it sucked, played it from day 1.
But compared to the other Halos its my least favorite.
Beside H5 which i never played.
If i think about Reach in one word its grey.
The DMR is trash, but Halo 5 is worse :P
Sprinting is great
My unpopular opinion is probably the fact that I don't like halo 3 that much since the flood is immensely disturbing and also I hate flood only missions.
I'd say my most unpopular halo opinon is that halo reach was the best halo. I'm not gunna lie, I have a ton of nostolgia for it so looking at it critically without bias is tough if not impossible. I can see people talk about their issues with Reach and grasp the reasons why they dislike/hate or feel neutral towards it. It's just when I look back (and play today as well) I just love reach. it hits all the right beats for me as a fan of halo. not only will I love the legacy stuff I've played in the past, but I will continue to enjoy the Mcc version going forward.
I’ve got two:

1. The speech Cortana gives at the start of Halo 3 is underwhelming. She builds it up like she’s going to say something about Chief’s skill, or heroism, or his ability to inspire hope in those around him. Then she just says “Luck.” and I get a feeling like those things don’t matter. Thank the Prophets that the first level is so good, or I would rate this to be tied with Halo 5 for the worst opening.

2. I don’t like the Halo 2 Anniversary Blur stuff. I prefer the in-game cutscenes. Even better, 343 could have reanimated the in-game things, if they got someone who knew what they were doing. (*Cough* CE Anniversary. *Cough*)
Aut0b0t117 wrote:
I’ve got two:

1. The speech Cortana gives at the start of Halo 3 is underwhelming. She builds it up like she’s going to say something about Chief’s skill, or heroism, or his ability to inspire hope in those around him. Then she just says “Luck.” and I get a feeling like those things don’t matter. Thank the Prophets that the first level is so good, or I would rate this to be tied with Halo 5 for the worst opening.

2. I don’t like the Halo 2 Anniversary Blur stuff. I prefer the in-game cutscenes. Even better, 343 could have reanimated the in-game things, if they got someone who knew what they were doing. (*Cough* CE Anniversary. *Cough*)
Well the thing is with the opening is Master Chief isn’t the best... he is the luckiest.

I think I would agree that it is a bit underwhelming through...
Aut0b0t117 wrote:
I’ve got two:

I do completely agree on this point. The main issue with the Blur cutscenes is that they are so different which in turn causes you to be taken out of the game. The only Halo game that has been truly successful with pre rendered cutscenes is the between mission cutscenes in Halo Wars and terminals.
Aut0b0t117 wrote:
I’ve got two:

I do completely agree on this point. The main issue with the Blur cutscenes is that they are so different which in turn causes you to be taken out of the game. The only Halo game that has been truly successful with pre rendered cutscenes is the between mission cutscenes in Halo Wars and terminals.
You could also argue Halo Wars 2, but even then the cutscenes are soooo good, it makes the game look underwhelming in comparison.
Aut0b0t117 wrote:
Aut0b0t117 wrote:
I’ve got two:

You could also argue Halo Wars 2, but even then the cutscenes are soooo good, it makes the game look underwhelming in comparison.
Unfortunately, I haven't played Halo Wars 2 which means that I cannot make any informed comments about this game.
Aut0b0t117 wrote:
Aut0b0t117 wrote:
I’ve got two:

Unfortunately, I haven't played Halo Wars 2 which means that I cannot make any informed comments about this game.
The brutes look real bad IMO.
Hey man, it’s been a while.
My opinion:
Halo Reach is the best Halo game.
Halo Reach has the best multiplayer
Halo Reach had the best story
Sprint improved Halo
yes i agree with FestivHunter sprint was pretty good for halo but it was sometimes overused. I think reach had a good system with sprint as a power up.
Hey man, it’s been a while.
My opinion:
Halo Reach is the best Halo game.
Halo Reach has the best multiplayer
Halo Reach had the best story
Sprint improved Halo
yes i agree with FestivHunter sprint was pretty good for halo but it was sometimes overused. I think reach had a good system with sprint as a power up.
but the DMR though...
ugh I hate that gun. it makes Reach kinda annoying to play.
Ranked rumble pit was awesome and players should earn their achievements, not ask for handouts. I don't have a problem with walk-throughs or other tips, I'm talking about asking other players to stand still so you can laser them or whatever.
but the DMR though...
ugh I hate that gun. it makes Reach kinda annoying to play.
i second that. annoying is the perfect word.
Plus the colors. too much grey overall. also the maps lacked
cant see reach as one of the best halos...
H2, H3, H4 for multiplayer
H1, H3, H2 for campaign
Halo lost its identity - Judge for yourselves if this is unpopular or not.

The gaming market is oversaturated with games that have sprint and enhanced movement, so Halo alienates players that are used to said games, hence everybody crave sprint as if its the ticket to a successful game.
New Halo players don't give a chance to the classic gameplay for a number of reasons:
* They firmly believe faster is better (countless videos out there full of arguments and proof of why this isn't the case btw)
* They either don't care (just playing casually)
* They are too clung to their opinions rendering them unable to see a different perspective
* They actually give classic Halos a chance but get absolutely stomped online. (Blame the mm system, its broken, it wasn't like that back in the day)

Accepting that Halo is vastly different to what it used be, doesn't mean you have to stop playing/enjoying you favorite Halo. I praise the first Halo trilogy yet i have my own dislikes about the classic Halos.

P.S. Please give the classics a chance, (before you use my argument against me, feel free to check my stats, countless hours on 343's Halos)
Most classic fans, including me, gave a chance to the new Halos and its the reason we have such strong opinions on the matter. It's not about proving whos wrong or right here, its about preserving the nature of the game.
xsv wrote:
Halo lost its identity - Judge for yourselves if this is unpopular or not.

The gaming market is oversaturated with games that have sprint and enhanced movement, so Halo alienates players that are used to said games, hence everybody crave sprint as if its the ticket to a successful game.
New Halo players don't give a chance to the classic gameplay for a number of reasons:
* They firmly believe faster is better (countless videos out there full of arguments and proof of why this isn't the case btw)
* They either don't care (just playing casually)
* They are too clung to their opinions rendering them unable to see a different perspective
* They actually give classic Halos a chance but get absolutely stomped online. (Blame the mm system, its broken, it wasn't like that back in the day)

Accepting that Halo is vastly different to what it used be, doesn't mean you have to stop playing/enjoying you favorite Halo. I praise the first Halo trilogy yet i have my own dislikes about the classic Halos.

P.S. Please give the classics a chance, (before you use my argument against me, feel free to check my stats, countless hours on 343's Halos)
Most classic fans, including me, gave a chance to the new Halos and its the reason we have such strong opinions on the matter. It's not about proving whos wrong or right here, its about preserving the nature of the game.
I think that whether or not it’s unpopular depends on whether you prefer the old or new gameplay. Ether way, it was put together very well.
Aut0b0t117 wrote:
xsv wrote:
I think that whether or not it’s unpopular depends on whether you prefer the old or new gameplay. Ether way, it was put together very well.
well thank you :)
I think it was a good decision to kill off the rookie in the beginning of New Blood.

The reason being that if they were gonna have a post covenant war book about Alpha-9 where rookie would still be in the team, they would have to give the Rookie a personality and build up this character more. But that goes against the whole point of this character being created in h3-odst (also it’s a pretty exiting scene, well written).
Also it’s not like the Rookie was a super central character in the Halo universe. I think it’s a bit of an over-reaction.
Spam8358 wrote:
I think it was a good decision to kill of the rookie in the beginning of New Blood.

The reason being that if they were gonna have a post covenant war book about Alpha-9 where rookie would still be in the team, they would have to give the Rookie a personality and build up this character more. But that goes against the whole point of this character being created in h3-odst (also it’s a pretty exiting scene, well written).
Also it’s not like the Rookie was a super central character in the Halo universe. I think it’s a bit of an over-reaction.
Still made me sad... I liked rookie better than The Master Chief....
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6