Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

What's your most unpopular Halo opinion?

OP SeargentSa1t

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. ...
  7. 6
Spam8358 wrote:
I think it was a good decision to kill of the rookie in the beginning of New Blood.

The reason being that if they were gonna have a post covenant war book about Alpha-9 where rookie would still be in the team, they would have to give the Rookie a personality and build up this character more. But that goes against the whole point of this character being created in h3-odst (also it’s a pretty exiting scene, well written).
Also it’s not like the Rookie was a super central character in the Halo universe. I think it’s a bit of an over-reaction.
Still made me sad... I liked rookie better than The Master Chief....
Didn’t we all... Didn’t we all...

That might also be an unpopular opinion.
Aut0b0t117 wrote:
Spam8358 wrote:
I think it was a good decision to kill of the rookie in the beginning of New Blood.

The reason being that if they were gonna have a post covenant war book about Alpha-9 where rookie would still be in the team, they would have to give the Rookie a personality and build up this character more. But that goes against the whole point of this character being created in h3-odst (also it’s a pretty exiting scene, well written).
Also it’s not like the Rookie was a super central character in the Halo universe. I think it’s a bit of an over-reaction.

HA! I have a better unpopular opinion... Arby is best and Spartans SUCK!
Aut0b0t117 wrote:
Spam8358 wrote:

WOOO!!! That’s what we’re here for!
Aut0b0t117 wrote:
Spam8358 wrote:

You have a right to your opinion and a right to be wrong
Mine is that the more I've played Reach over the years, the less I've liked it and I think it is extremely overrated due to nostalgia. To be fair, I played it 5 years ago when I was still pretty young so I do have some nostalgia for it, but looking at it critically I really don't like it as much as any of the first three games or ODST. It's just that way more sandbox elements were taken out than there were added, and the story, gameplay, level, and map design are basically inferior in every way to the previous games. I don't hate it, it's just that when I pop in MCC Reach is the one I'd least want to play, besides Halo 4.

What's your unpopular opinion?
I like sprint. Now when i said that, i am afraid of halo fanbase...
Halo: CE has aged poorly
Halo: CE has aged poorly
In terms of what? Graphics, story, gameplay...?
Granted I have always been more of a compaing fan, but I have put my fair share of hours into multiplayer as well and despite H3 being my favorite I must admit that sprint absolutely saved halo as it entered an era of larger maps.

I've never polled the community but amongst the spartans i play with they all hate sprint
ODSTs are cooler than Spartans!
Master chief SUCKS!

that is my super unpopular Halo opinion. Arby is better than Chief and could smoke him in a 1v1.
You not slick Arbiter. Putting your opinions out like Kevin Durant's burner Twitter account lol.
Reach multiplayer is horrible. Every large mag is just obnoxious DMR spam with no penalty, and the armor abilities are extremely obnoxious and adds a lot of random crap to the game. I would rank the experimental H5 & 4 multiplayer over this.(If the FOV in 5 wasnt locked lol)
ODSTs are cooler than Spartans!
They're definitely more relatable than spartans which is a nice treat. ODST is still one of my top 3 halo's, it felt much more "human" than the rest.
I unironically like pretty much all of Halo 4. I like the story, the multiplayer, the gameplay, the weapons, the vehicles, customization, the armor abilities, the sprinting, the armor, the loadouts, Spartan Ops, Forge, etc. It's not my favorite Halo game, but I still enjoyed it.
Halo 3: ODST wasn't that good except for Firefight.
Halo 3: ODST wasn't that good except for Firefight.
Yup, see now those there are some real fighting words.
I have nearly 10,000 games played on OG Reach. I was pretty excited when they brought it to MCC, but after about 300 games, and having played the other Halos for last few years prior, I also realized that it wasnt as fun as H3. I still think the campaign was good though, story wise.
If I could only pick one it would be reach. If you don’t like armor abilities don’t use them. If you don’t like the DMR don’t use it. If you don’t like a feature then custom games and forge is good if you have someone to play with. Or play firefight with customized settings.
Halo 4 has a better story premise than the previous halos combined
ODST Blues wrote:
If I could only pick one it would be reach. If you don’t like armor abilities don’t use them. If you don’t like the DMR don’t use it. If you don’t like a feature then custom games and forge is good if you have someone to play with. Or play firefight with customized settings.
I’ve got some counters to that:

1) In Matchmaking, you always spawn with a Armor Ability. If you don’t use them, then the enemy has a direct advantage over you. (This is different than Power Weapons and Vehicles, because they had to go grab those, while they spawned with their Armor Ability.)

2) Again, in Matchmaking, you usually spawn with a DMR and a Assault Rife. (At least in the primary game modes.) To not use the DMR is to give the enemy a direct advantage against you. (When it advantages, you wouldn’t use a DMR against a Shotgun in CQC, especially when a Assault Rife is available.)

3) Not everyone has friends who they can play with, so Custom Games is unreasonable for them.

4) Custom Firefight is completely different to fighting against other people.
Aut0b0t117 wrote:
ODST Blues wrote:
I’ve got some counters to that:

1) In Matchmaking, you always spawn with a Armor Ability. If you don’t use them, then the enemy has a direct advantage over you. (This is different than Power Weapons and Vehicles, because they had to go grab those, while they spawned with their Armor Ability.)

2) Again, in Matchmaking, you usually spawn with a DMR and a Assault Rife. (At least in the primary game modes.) To not use the DMR is to give the enemy a direct advantage against you. (When it advantages, you wouldn’t use a DMR against a Shotgun in CQC, especially when a Assault Rife is available.)

3) Not everyone has friends who they can play with, so Custom Games is unreasonable for them.

4) Custom Firefight is completely different to fighting against other people.
I knew someone was going to call me out on this! I agree with you and I know that matchmaking is what it usually comes down to when asked what the best halo is. I’m just saying if you could go into custom games w/ players and or you enjoy firefight then you can turn off features people generally don’t like about reach. Or like halo 5... people don’t like many features but in custom games you can change things to your liking. To me that’s what makes a good halo game, customizable to your liking or just good w/out modifying. When the CGB (custom game browser) comes out for reach then having people for custom games won’t be a problem anymore... hopefully.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. ...
  7. 6