Forums / Games / Halo: Reach and Legacy Halo

Which game has the best story?

OP JCCAce35

Reach or Halo 2. No before the halo 3 fangirls bombard me im not saying it's bad dear god if I say it's bad. I just think halo 2 or reach had a better story. Halo 2 told the story of The Arbitar and his betrayal by the brutes and the eventual beginnings of the collapse of the covenant. Halo reach told the story of noble team and their efforts to keep reach alive and in certain missions you can see the sheer panic of what happening on reach.
From a narration perspective, nothing compares to Halo 2 for me. I still get the same feelings as I did when the game was new every time I watch a cutscene or play through a level.
im going to have to say its a tie between halo 2 and halo reach
Halo Reach had a great storyline. Halo 2 as well. Halo Combat Evolved 100% ties with Reach though. If going in chronological order, start with Reach, then move onto CE and continue. You'll get the most out of it this way.
Best stories (plural) are Reach & ODST . The Master Chief stories are good but not as good nor as fun to play as Reach and ODST. Having said that however, Halo 4 Spartan Ops is very good and should have been continued.
I don't know whether or not I consider its story to be my favorite because that's extremely tough for me to choose, but I really like the story direction that Halo: 5 is taking. What I like in particular about Halo: 5's narrative was finally diving into the sentience of humanity's smart AI, as seen with Cortana and the Created. I'm fond of stories that explore this kind of narrative like Fallout 4, Bladerunner, Star Trek: The Next Generation, etc. Halo has already briefly touched upon these topics in the expanded universe back in 2007 when the franchise was still owned by Bungie. I can remember the AI, Sif and Mack, from Halo: Contact Harvest in particular. But I'm happy they're bringing this topic to the foreground.
Halo 2 and Halo 3 ODST
Halo 2 end of discussion
Reach or Halo 2. No before the halo 3 fangirls bombard me im not saying it's bad dear god if I say it's bad. I just think halo 2 or reach had a better story. Halo 2 told the story of The Arbitar and his betrayal by the brutes and the eventual beginnings of the collapse of the covenant. Halo reach told the story of noble team and their efforts to keep reach alive and in certain missions you can see the sheer panic of what happening on reach.
I agree halo 2 and reach were the best, halo CE is also a fantastic story, the mystery of the giant halo ring and the ancient alien civilization who built it.
I don't know whether or not I consider its story to be my favorite because that's extremely tough for me to choose, but I really like the story direction that Halo: 5 is taking. What I like in particular about Halo: 5's narrative was finally diving into the sentience of humanity's smart AI, as seen with Cortana and the Created. I'm fond of stories that explore this kind of narrative like Fallout 4, Bladerunner, Star Trek: The Next Generation, etc. Halo has already briefly touched upon these topics in the expanded universe back in 2007 when the franchise was still owned by Bungie. I can remember the AI, Sif and Mack, from Halo: Contact Harvest in particular. But I'm happy they're bringing this topic to the foreground.
You are the first person ever to say that you like Halo 5's story. Well done.
You are the first person ever to say that you like Halo 5's story. Well done.
Only on the internet where you're not allowed to be a dissenter. All the people I play with like it too. -shrug- I don't know why people have a problem with it. I recognize that there was strange deception during the marketing campaign, but the story itself was enjoyable..
Halo 2 straight up.
Halo: Reach, you can't deny this.
Halo 2 or Reach. Halo 3 has the weakest narrative, nostalgia be damned.
JCCAce35 wrote:
Halo 2. While the game did have its fair share of issues, it's the only Halo game where things were developed in any kind of interesting way. Halo 2 wanted to teach you about the Halo universe while most other Halo games basically give up storytelling after "we have to stop them from doing the bad thing."

I can't be bothered to paste "in my opinion" between every few words of that, so just imagine that I did before reminding me that it's just my opinion.
Halo 2 and Halo 4.
Halo 2 or Reach. Halo 3 has the weakest narrative, nostalgia be damned.
Halo 5 says hello.
C E, 2, 3, and reach.

My opinion ;)