Why are you so against it?

OP

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
I've seen so many posts on here from "casual" people against the game having a competitive side, such as visible ranks and playlist with competitive settings. What I want to know is why? having those things will affect you in no way at all, making playlists for competitive settings doesn't mean you will be forced to play them and having a rank affects you in no way either so what's your reasoning for being against them so much?
Quote:
I've seen so many posts on here from "casual" people against the game having a competitive side, such as ranks and playlist with competitive settings. What I want to know is why? having those things will affect you in no way at all, making playlists for competitive settings doesn't mean you will be forced to play them and having a rank affects you in no way either so what's your reasoning for being against them so much?
I've never completely understood it either to be honest.

The only reason I can think of is that players who don't attain any sort of high rank tend to feel ridiculed by players who have and are put off the game to a result.

But on Halo 4 this happens all the time and ranks aren't the only thing that do this, I've had many players talk down to other players after a game because of a poor K/D ratio or in-game performance.
I've seen so many posts on here from "competitive" people against the game having a casual side.....
Quote:
I've seen so many posts on here from "competitive" people against the game having a casual side.....
No, we just hate it not having a competitive side.

We were fine with Halo 3, it had both and was the best Live game to date.
Quote:
Quote:

But it dos have competitive side, so I feel like so many people are vary hostile to 343 but I think people for get this is there first game besides a HD remake! not to mention that had some pretty big -Yoinking!- power armor to fill!
Quote:
Quote:

no, i have literally been told "I dont play the game right" if im not playing competitively to win at any cost. you guys need to relax and let bygones be bygones.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

But it dos have competitive side, so I feel like so many people are vary hostile to 343 but I think people for get this is there first game besides a HD remake! not to mention that had some pretty big -Yoinking!- power armor to fill!
What? You're a bit hard to understand.

If you think Halo 4 has a competitive side then you are what people call a "casual".
I have yet to see any post where someone rails against "competitive" gaming in any way. I'm a casual by pretty much any standard, but I want Halo to have a genuinely competitive side, merely because I know that's what a large portion of the community wants. I want people to enjoy the game, and if a ranked playlist with modified gametypes is required, then let's have it.

I have see people disagree with the implementation of a numbered ranking system (I myself don't want to be able to see your rank), but that's not the same as being "against competition". Sure, the ranking system helps keep things simple, but it's not the core of competition.

If a player wants to compete, he will compete.
Not sure what you're talking about. The only people I've seen be against visible skill ranks is 343...
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

no, i have literally been told "I dont play the game right" if im not playing competitively to win at any cost. you guys need to relax and let bygones be bygones.
Yea because competitive players are forced to play with the casuals.
Don't worry though, competitive players are leaving which is why Halo 4's population is dying.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

But it dos have competitive side, so I feel like so many people are vary hostile to 343 but I think people for get this is there first game, besides a HD remake! not to mention that had some pretty big -Yoinking!- power armor to fill!
What? You're a bit hard to understand.

If you think Halo 4 has a competitive side then you are what people call a "casual".
1 don't start that
2 I don't care about competitve gaming I just wanna have some fun
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Don't worry though, competitive players are leaving which is why Halo 4's population is dying.
Shouldn't you like that? As from what I've heard the competitive crowd is sooooo much better that it would be free kills.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

the population is fine it evened out after release big whoop. lots of other games need attention too ya know.

i wish there were casual and ranked lists but theres not. I would rather it be filled with casuals then anyone else. casuals dont yell at you for getting a high k/d but "competitive" gamers yell when you get a low one.

no one wants to play nice together lol

if the arrogant ones with superiority issues are leaving i say good :)
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Shouldn't you like that? As from what I've heard the competitive crowd is sooooo much better that it would be free kills.
Competitive players like competitive matches; it isn't a competitive match when you have people playing casually or laid back in the match.

The clue is in the name; competitive. This implies competition and players competing.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Believe it or not it's not about getting kills it's about having a challenge and playing to win.

Oh but Halo 4's maps are terrible and the game has a lot of randomness so it's basically a game of monopoly now. Who ever has the better ordinance wins.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

the population is fine it evened out after release big whoop. lots of other games need attention too ya know.

i wish there were casual and ranked lists but theres not. I would rather it be filled with casuals then anyone else. casuals dont yell at you for getting a high k/d but "competitive" gamers yell when you get a low one.

Well even I dislike the "mean" players but believe it or not with out them the game will slowly die.

Nothing keeps people playing like a challenge and competition.
Because they never played Halo CE Lan lobbies, or Halo 2 and 3 Matchmaking.

Face the fact guys, Halo CE-3 naturally supported Competitive play, the series was once revered for the competitive edge that it created. Halo 4 is a shell of Halo's former self.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well even I dislike the "mean" players but believe it or not with out them the game will slowly die.

Nothing keeps people playing like a challenge and competition.
yeah dont get me wrong competing and the challenge and winning is fun most times(ish), i just hate the guys who take it soooooo seriously. this community is FULL of them and i just want them to have their own list so i can play without fear lol.
It is not Competitiveness that i am against, it is elitism and orthodoxy. Many 'competitive' players deny changes and differences in new titles. They are like the religious nutjobs who try to have science and evolution taken out of schools. If it was up to them the game would have massively stagnated...pretty much becoming the same game with better graphics maybe each time. This would make people board and complain that the game is not evolving like they said with MW3.

This would then damage sales, and Halo as a franchise would die.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Believe it or not it's not about getting kills it's about having a challenge and playing to win.

Oh but Halo 4's maps are terrible and the game has a lot of randomness so it's basically a game of monopoly now. Who ever has the better ordinance wins.
I know I'm gonna get reported for saying this, The rocket launcher was the vary reason Reach had Armor lock. In the start if a skilled player timed it right he could trow it back at the player or if someone make a point blank sticky throw he could toss it back a them.

Also if players are acting as a team controlling the other teams ordinance.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5