Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

[Locked] Why armor abilities ruined halo

OP Gods Side

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I LOVE ARMOR ABILITIES! I think they add so much depth and strategy to the game and require a ton of skill to effectively use! whole new avenues of different play styles are opened with armor abilities while adding much more fun and skill to halo. introduced in reach and perfected in four.
You're right, there should just be jetpack, and of course sprint.
Quote:
I LOVE ARMOR ABILITIES! I think they add so much depth and strategy to the game and require a ton of skill to effectively use! whole new avenues of different play styles are opened with armor abilities while adding much more fun and skill to halo. introduced in reach and perfected in four.
Sammy, I think it's obvious that he can't figure out how to use them and constantly gets killed by everyone on the map because they're so OP. I mean, you're trying to tell me that skilled players will be able to use these tools to be even better, and they can also give clever new players a fighting chance against decade long vets of the series? this kind of foolishness needs to go immediately and we need to go back to the gameplay from a decade ago!!
Quote:
Quote:
Sammy, I think it's obvious that he can't figure out how to use them and constantly gets killed by everyone on the map because they're so OP. I mean, you're trying to tell me that skilled players will be able to use these tools to be even better, and they can also give clever new players a fighting chance against decade long vets of the series? this kind of foolishness needs to go immediately and we need to go back to the gameplay from a decade ago!!
LMAO I think you and I are going to get along just fine.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Sammy, I think it's obvious that he can't figure out how to use them and constantly gets killed by everyone on the map because they're so OP. I mean, you're trying to tell me that skilled players will be able to use these tools to be even better, and they can also give clever new players a fighting chance against decade long vets of the series? this kind of foolishness needs to go immediately and we need to go back to the gameplay from a decade ago!!
LMAO I think you and I are going to get along just fine.
yeah, more often than not, we've seemed to agree about the ways halo has evolved. I mean, I see where they're coming from, halo's have always been amazing and never really needed to change, but the fact that they do change every game makes the series even more awesome to me. I really do hope they remake all of them for the one, though. that way if you feel like halo 2 rules, you can just play halo 2 xbone. that would be awesome.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
yeah, more often than not, we've seemed to agree about the ways halo has evolved. I mean, I see where they're coming from, halo's have always been amazing and never really needed to change, but the fact that they do change every game makes the series even more awesome to me. I really do hope they remake all of them for the one, though. that way if you feel like halo 2 rules, you can just play halo 2 xbone. that would be awesome.
Can you imagine halo going backwards now? back to the days of only spawning with one particular gun no flexibility at all. no armor ability no perks no nothing. god that would be so boing and lame. more predictable and balanced? well ok, but at the huge cost of...FUN.
Hardly very sporting. Lets all attack the guy who most likely hasn't been on waypoint for a year or more. Reviving this thread to throw a long winded "U jus mad cuz U sux brah" at the OP is about as impressive as t-bagging an AFK player.
Quote:
YOU DON'T DESERVE TO POST IN THESE FORUMS.
Says the guy reviving year old threads.
holy crap, that's crazy. I swear this came up on my page 2... I didn't even check the date cause it was on my PAGE 2!! my bad. can somebody lock this thing down? lol

edit: that statement still holds true arch. the guy was being a pompous Johnson.
Quote:
holy crap, that's crazy. I swear this came up on my page 2... I didn't even check the date cause it was on my PAGE 2!! my bad. can somebody lock this thing down? lol
Yeah, the right hand arrow goes to the last page. Misclicked it once or twice too.
Not all AAs are bad, just Promethean Vision, Jetpack, and maybe Camo. Besides I think the Throwdown settings have shown that they can be used in a competitive space. Plus I think they are something unique to Halo, they should stay. Just continue to improve and refine them.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
yeah, more often than not, we've seemed to agree about the ways halo has evolved. I mean, I see where they're coming from, halo's have always been amazing and never really needed to change, but the fact that they do change every game makes the series even more awesome to me. I really do hope they remake all of them for the one, though. that way if you feel like halo 2 rules, you can just play halo 2 xbone. that would be awesome.
Can you imagine halo going backwards now? back to the days of only spawning with one particular gun no flexibility at all. no armor ability no perks no nothing. god that would be so boing and lame. more predictable and balanced? well ok, but at the huge cost of...FUN.
The resupply perk should honestly go, and go back to its former status as a default part of Halo. Same with shielding, and recharge. I wouldn't mind AA's, if JP, PV, and AC were map pick ups.
Jetpacks should also be slower.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2