2. ...
  3. 304
  4. 305
  5. 306
  6. 307
  7. ...
  8. 308
Arctikeno wrote:
So I was playing a game of forge with a buddy of mine, and I randomly get this message temporarily credit ban. I was wondering how long. Thanks for your help.
Good afternoon.

I looked at your Halo: Reach game history, and I was able to find only one thing that would have triggered a ban. You played 20 Grifball games within the last two days, about half of them have the time exceeding 13 minutes, meaning your ban came from performing Peace Games in Grifball and your cR ban was manual from somebody reporting you for cheating by performing Peace Games.

Performing Peace (Idling/AFC/AFKing for 13+ Minutes) games to boost the Performance Bonus payout instead of playing Grifball as intended (Where the objective is to try to score the goal) by the developer is cheating. Boosting generally speaking is cheating and violates LIVE Code of Conduct. The LIVE Enforcement Team also considers this cheating as well.

From the LIVE Code of Conduct page:
Don’t cheat or tamper. For example, don't:
  • Exploit game vulnerabilities or glitches
  • Intentionally play with someone who is using unauthorized software or methods
and from the LIVE Enforcement Team page on cheating:
Cheating includes, but isn’t limited to:
  • Unlocking achievements, prestige level, in-game ranks, or other content you didn’t actually earn
If this is a first time ban, then your ban should last 24-48 hours, but play Grifball the way it was intended instead of trying to boost cR in order to prevent a future ban. In the mean time, you will have to wait out your manual ban.

Hope this helps and have a nice day now.
Ok thanks for your response, never knew that was considered as a peace game or cheating.
Arctikeno wrote:
Ok thanks for your response, never knew that was considered as a peace game or cheating.
It is cheating as performing a peace game is exploiting a game mechanic in a way 343i and Bungie never intended to boost the cR payout that was only meant for Grifball Teams who were truely playing the gametype as intended and couldn't score, basically in a chokehold or deadlock, not for players to idle for extended durations to boost a cR payout.

Any form of boosting is cheating as you are using means not intended by the developer to quickly gain some form of ingame progress, unlock, achievement, or other gain that would not be able to be obtained as quickly through conventional gameplay (Or in rare cases unlocked at all) in a fashion intended by the developer, meaning it is not being truely earned. Grifball's objective is to score the goal, not idle. After all, if you can score the goal, the objective of the objective based gametype, then why wouldn't you?

It would be the same if you went into an achievement party to basically allow yourself and others to unlock achievements. They are not being earned through gameplay as intended, they are being boosted as a setup to prevent players who actually want to play the game was created so players can simply meet the prerequisite without interference from normal intended gameplay. It's boosting and hence cheating.

Farming = Boosting = Cheating
So I was playing Reach with some friends of friends of mine, and we were waiting on someone to join the party when I got a message saying I was temporarily credit banned. How long does this last, and/or can it be removed?

EDIT: I might also add that I was playing locally with a friend as well, and between me and him the message showed up 3 times.
iiBloxorz wrote:
So I was playing Reach with some friends of friends of mine, and we were waiting on someone to join the party when I got a message saying I was temporarily credit banned. How long does this last, and/or can it be removed?

EDIT: I might also add that I was playing locally with a friend as well, and between me and him the message showed up 3 times.
The question I want to ask is what did your friend of a friend do? From looking at your Reach game history, it is clean, more or less immaculate, which means your cR ban would've come from one of three places, one from resetting challenges via network manipulation, two some sort of modding, or three your friend was doing something he should not have done and the ban carried over to you, as you were intentionally playing with somebody who was using unauthorized software or methods, which violates LIVE Code of Conduct and can earn you a ban.

If it is your first ban, it should last 24-48 hours. I think your friend of a friend was modding or cheating somehow (Resetting challenges or having an infected lobby) and because you were in his party, you also recieved the ban. Just be careful of whom you play with in the future.

iiBloxorz wrote:

The question I want to ask is what did your friend of a friend do? From looking at your Reach game history, it is clean, more or less immaculate, which means your cR ban would've come from one of three places, one from resetting challenges via network manipulation, two some sort of modding, or three your friend was doing something he should not have done and the ban carried over to you, as you were intentionally playing with somebody who was using unauthorized software or methods, which violates LIVE Code of Conduct and can earn you a ban.

If it is your first ban, it should last 24-48 hours. I think your friend of a friend was modding or cheating somehow (Resetting challenges or having an infected lobby) and because you were in his party, you also recieved the ban. Just be careful of whom you play with in the future.

Will keep that in mind, had no clue that there was unauthorized software involved. Thanks.
iiBloxorz wrote:
iiBloxorz wrote:

Will keep that in mind, had no clue that there was unauthorized software involved. Thanks.
That or unauthorized methods, such as resetting challenges via network manipulation, boosting of sorts, etc. Your friend of a friend did something to trigger that hammer and because you were in his party playing the game with him, unfortunately, you also recieved a cR ban.
Hey i just been permanetly banned from halo reach matchmaking yesterday on my console and account but for no reason what so ever and im not a hacker or a booster my account is legit is there a way you can fix the problem
It's been over 6 years since I've played Halo Reach. My first day back I got credit banned for afk'ing in Griffball. I had no idea this had any chance of being credit banned, and would never risk my account getting credit banned. However, I read as a first time offender it should only last 1-2 days, but it has been 2 days with no un-ban.

Now that I have waited an appropriate 48 hours, I've come here to ask what is going on. I feel like I've been wrongly punished by an automated system, and deserve some answers. Is my credit ban supposed to be longer than two days? If so, how long is the ban? Can I make an appeal, or a support ticket to remove the ban?

I wasn't even afk when I got the ban, which is how I know it's been over 48 hours from when I got the message on-screen.
It's been over 6 years since I've played Halo Reach. My first day back I got credit banned for afk'ing in Griffball. I had no idea this had any chance of being credit banned, and would never risk my account getting credit banned. However, I read as a first time offender it should only last 1-2 days, but it has been 2 days with no un-ban.

Now that I have waited an appropriate 48 hours, I've come here to ask what is going on. I feel like I've been wrongly punished by an automated system, and deserve some answers. Is my credit ban supposed to be longer than two days? If so, how long is the ban? Can I make an appeal, or a support ticket to remove the ban?

I wasn't even afk when I got the ban, which is how I know it's been over 48 hours from when I got the message on-screen.
In these two grifball games you were either afk or credit farming. The banhammer doesn't strike right away. It takes a few matches usually
game1 game2

In these two grifball games you were either afk or credit farming. The banhammer doesn't strike right away. It takes a few matches usually
game1 game2
Yeah but the ban happened a couple games after I afk'd. I was just saying I was online when I saw the message, showing that it has been over 2 days.

I would really like to get some information about the situation. I spent a few days and ~$100 to get everything set up so I could play Halo Reach again, and with a credit ban there really isn't a point for playing matchmaking, at least solo. I also haven't had the time to make any friends for custom games, since it was my first day playing after a 6 year break.

For those who think this is some sort of justice, I get what I did was violating many areas. However, I didn't expect any sort of punishment, as every game in Griffball is like this. I assumed that these players had been doing these kinds of things for many weeks to earn cR quickly. Every single game in Griffball, you will see players team-killing those who want to play the game the way it was meant to be. You will also see players being "friendly", and doing absolutely nothing the whole match. This is why I assumed that people were not punished for this kind of thing. If I had any idea that I would be permanently banned (from cR) for this behavior, I wouldn't have done anything close to it. I enjoy Griffball, I played a lot of it when it came to matchmaking, I learned the mechanics, and played to win. Seeing what it has become over the years is truly sad, and stooping down to the level of those who do it (cR abusing), might be worse.

game1 game2
how did it happened
Hey i just been permanetly banned from halo reach matchmaking yesterday on my console and account but for no reason what so ever and im not a hacker or a booster my account is legit is there a way you can fix the problem
it should not have happened. anyone agrees with me
Yesterday I was playing matchmaking and suddenly I take off the main menu as if I had abandoned and when trying to access again to matchmaking I get a message that design is console ah Been permanently excluded from playing halo reach online which I hase something too unfair since I did not do anything to be banned I demand that I be disbanded !, not done anything illegal and always respected the rules of the game please help me, thanks
Not posting because I was banned, but simply because I can't seem to get an answer anywhere else. Has support for matchmaking stopped or are the servers experiencing problems at the moment? Or is it just me that has the Reach Server is unavailable at this time error message?
So I've recently discovered that "Peace Games" in Grifball are considered cheating, but I want to know exactly why since more than half of the people who play Grifball do this exploit. I've been banned from earning cR myself from what I can only assume is because of "Peace Games".
Not posting because I was banned, but simply because I can't seem to get an answer anywhere else. Has support for matchmaking stopped or are the servers experiencing problems at the moment? Or is it just me that has the Reach Server is unavailable at this time error message?
The servers are still up.
iNanJan wrote:
So I've recently discovered that "Peace Games" in Grifball are considered cheating, but I want to know exactly why since more than half of the people who play Grifball do this exploit. I've been banned from earning cR myself from what I can only assume is because of "Peace Games".
Probably because the population of grifball who do this are boosting tryhards who can't achieve anything in real life so they try to achieve Inheritor in Reach to help their sad souls and act like they are good at the game when they are trash with a 0.2 KD.
It doesn't matter how many people do it, it is still considered cheating. It's like if over half the population of a town went an robbed a mall or large store. Is that considered legal since most of that population is doing it?

Play the game the right way next time to avoid another Cr ban bud.
iNanJan wrote:
This is from a previous answer to the question of why is this cheating...credit to lizking10152011
for the detailed answer.

Performing Peace (Idling/AFC/AFKing...) games to boost the Performance Bonus payout instead of playing Grifball as intended (Where the objective is to try to score the goal) by the developer is cheating. Boosting generally speaking is cheating and violates LIVE Code of Conduct. The LIVE Enforcement Team also considers this cheating as well.From the LIVE Code of Conduct page:
Don’t cheat or tamper. For example, don't:
  • Exploit game vulnerabilities or glitches
  • Intentionally play with someone who is using unauthorized software or methods
and from the LIVE Enforcement Team page on cheating:
Cheating includes, but isn’t limited to:
  • Unlocking achievements, prestige level, in-game ranks, or other content you didn’t actually earn
It is cheating as performing a peace game is exploiting a game mechanic in a way 343i and Bungie never intended to boost the cR payout that was only meant for Grifball Teams who were truely playing the gametype as intended and couldn't score, basically in a chokehold or deadlock, not for players to idle for extended durations to boost a cR payout.Any form of boosting is cheating as you are using means not intended by the developer to quickly gain some form of ingame progress, unlock, achievement, or other gain that would not be able to be obtained as quickly through conventional gameplay (Or in rare cases unlocked at all) in a fashion intended by the developer, meaning it is not being truely earned. Grifball's objective is to score the goal, not idle. After all, if you can score the goal, the objective of the objective based gametype, then why wouldn't you?It would be the same if you went into an achievement party to basically allow yourself and others to unlock achievements. They are not being earned through gameplay as intended, they are being boosted as a setup to prevent players who actually want to play the game was created so players can simply meet the prerequisite without interference from normal intended gameplay. It's boosting and hence cheating.
Farming = Boosting = Cheating

This is the answer you were looking for but, I agree with Doncut97>>>>>> "Play the game the right way next time to avoid another Cr ban bud."
Just played a game of Grifball and didn't realize how horrible that community is. Played with two of my friends and was just constantly team killed by CharlesP12374 and relxingshark was telling us to just stand there and play along with there "peace match" I assume they are credit farming? Can someone ban these kids?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 304
  4. 305
  5. 306
  6. 307
  7. ...
  8. 308