Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

Why Did I Get Banned - The Official Thread

OP Total Sellout

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 305
  4. 306
  5. 307
  6. 308
  7. 309
  8. ...
  9. 317
Doncut97 wrote:
iNanJan wrote:
So I've recently discovered that "Peace Games" in Grifball are considered cheating, but I want to know exactly why since more than half of the people who play Grifball do this exploit. I've been banned from earning cR myself from what I can only assume is because of "Peace Games".
Probably because the population of grifball who do this are boosting tryhards who can't achieve anything in real life so they try to achieve Inheritor in Reach to help their sad souls and act like they are good at the game when they are trash with a 0.2 KD.
It doesn't matter how many people do it, it is still considered cheating. It's like if over half the population of a town went an robbed a mall or large store. Is that considered legal since most of that population is doing it?

Play the game the right way next time to avoid another Cr ban bud.
I don't think banning people over an obvious exploit in a game in necessarily the "right way" to do things. A developer shouldn't be banning people just because hundreds of players don't conform to what they necessarily want. But I still accept the answer I suppose.
Just played a game of Grifball and didn't realize how horrible that community is. Played with two of my friends and was just constantly team killed by CharlesP12374 and relxingshark was telling us to just stand there and play along with there "peace match" I assume they are credit farming? Can someone ban these kids?
You can report them and file a complaint through xbox when you are playing. I'm not sure what to do after the fact. Maybe someone here will respond.
iNanJan wrote:
Doncut97 wrote:
iNanJan wrote:
So I've recently discovered that "Peace Games" in Grifball are considered cheating, but I want to know exactly why since more than half of the people who play Grifball do this exploit. I've been banned from earning cR myself from what I can only assume is because of "Peace Games".
Probably because the population of grifball who do this are boosting tryhards who can't achieve anything in real life so they try to achieve Inheritor in Reach to help their sad souls and act like they are good at the game when they are trash with a 0.2 KD.
It doesn't matter how many people do it, it is still considered cheating. It's like if over half the population of a town went an robbed a mall or large store. Is that considered legal since most of that population is doing it?

Play the game the right way next time to avoid another Cr ban bud.
I don't think banning people over an obvious exploit in a game in necessarily the "right way" to do things. A developer shouldn't be banning people just because hundreds of players don't conform to what they necessarily want. But I still accept the answer I suppose.
You agreed to the "right way" to do things when you made your xbox live account. Its for the good of the community. People pay money to play a game that was designed and intended to be played a particular way. When they go to play the game and it is essentially unplayable, they have a right to have some kind of recourse. Your cR ban is the result of giving grief to other players that paid money and expected to play grifball.
HC SOlO wrote:
iNanJan wrote:
Doncut97 wrote:
iNanJan wrote:
So I've recently discovered that "Peace Games" in Grifball are considered cheating, but I want to know exactly why since more than half of the people who play Grifball do this exploit. I've been banned from earning cR myself from what I can only assume is because of "Peace Games".
Probably because the population of grifball who do this are boosting tryhards who can't achieve anything in real life so they try to achieve Inheritor in Reach to help their sad souls and act like they are good at the game when they are trash with a 0.2 KD.
It doesn't matter how many people do it, it is still considered cheating. It's like if over half the population of a town went an robbed a mall or large store. Is that considered legal since most of that population is doing it?

Play the game the right way next time to avoid another Cr ban bud.
I don't think banning people over an obvious exploit in a game in necessarily the "right way" to do things. A developer shouldn't be banning people just because hundreds of players don't conform to what they necessarily want. But I still accept the answer I suppose.
You agreed to the "right way" to do things when you made your xbox live account. Its for the good of the community. People pay money to play a game that was designed and intended to be played a particular way. When they go to play the game and it is essentially unplayable, they have a right to have some kind of recourse. Your cR ban is the result of giving grief to other players that paid money and expected to play grifball.
There should be a message in the game to tell players this. It looks bad when a player is banned and doesn't know why. It's essentially the same as being charged with a crime and not being told why until you're in jail. If I had known that "Peace Games" were a banable offense I wouldn't have done it.
I like
iNanJan wrote:
HC SOlO wrote:
iNanJan wrote:
Doncut97 wrote:
iNanJan wrote:
So I've recently discovered that "Peace Games" in Grifball are considered cheating, but I want to know exactly why since more than half of the people who play Grifball do this exploit. I've been banned from earning cR myself from what I can only assume is because of "Peace Games".
Probably because the population of grifball who do this are boosting tryhards who can't achieve anything in real life so they try to achieve Inheritor in Reach to help their sad souls and act like they are good at the game when they are trash with a 0.2 KD.
It doesn't matter how many people do it, it is still considered cheating. It's like if over half the population of a town went an robbed a mall or large store. Is that considered legal since most of that population is doing it?

Play the game the right way next time to avoid another Cr ban bud.
I don't think banning people over an obvious exploit in a game in necessarily the "right way" to do things. A developer shouldn't be banning people just because hundreds of players don't conform to what they necessarily want. But I still accept the answer I suppose.
You agreed to the "right way" to do things when you made your xbox live account. Its for the good of the community. People pay money to play a game that was designed and intended to be played a particular way. When they go to play the game and it is essentially unplayable, they have a right to have some kind of recourse. Your cR ban is the result of giving grief to other players that paid money and expected to play grifball.
There should be a message in the game to tell players this. It looks bad when a player is banned and doesn't know why. It's essentially the same as being charged with a crime and not being told why until you're in jail. If I had known that "Peace Games" were a banable offense I wouldn't have done it.
ignorantia legis neminem excusat

There is one simple concept that law students learn in their very first weeks of criminal law class: Ignorance of the law is no excuse. This principle means that when an individual violates the law, it doesn't matter whether or not they knew what the law said.
HC SOlO wrote:
iNanJan wrote:
HC SOlO wrote:
iNanJan wrote:
Doncut97 wrote:
iNanJan wrote:
So I've recently discovered that "Peace Games" in Grifball are considered cheating, but I want to know exactly why since more than half of the people who play Grifball do this exploit. I've been banned from earning cR myself from what I can only assume is because of "Peace Games".
Probably because the population of grifball who do this are boosting tryhards who can't achieve anything in real life so they try to achieve Inheritor in Reach to help their sad souls and act like they are good at the game when they are trash with a 0.2 KD.
It doesn't matter how many people do it, it is still considered cheating. It's like if over half the population of a town went an robbed a mall or large store. Is that considered legal since most of that population is doing it?

Play the game the right way next time to avoid another Cr ban bud.
I don't think banning people over an obvious exploit in a game in necessarily the "right way" to do things. A developer shouldn't be banning people just because hundreds of players don't conform to what they necessarily want. But I still accept the answer I suppose.
You agreed to the "right way" to do things when you made your xbox live account. Its for the good of the community. People pay money to play a game that was designed and intended to be played a particular way. When they go to play the game and it is essentially unplayable, they have a right to have some kind of recourse. Your cR ban is the result of giving grief to other players that paid money and expected to play grifball.
There should be a message in the game to tell players this. It looks bad when a player is banned and doesn't know why. It's essentially the same as being charged with a crime and not being told why until you're in jail. If I had known that "Peace Games" were a banable offense I wouldn't have done it.
ignorantia legis neminem excusat

There is one simple concept that law students learn in their very first weeks of criminal law class: Ignorance of the law is no excuse. This principle means that when an individual violates the law, it doesn't matter whether or not they knew what the law said.
Well this could be argued with Miranda Rights, since it's the establishments responsibility to let people know what they can and can't do.
This also extends into detail of specific actions, examples: Manslaughter, Murder, Assisted Suicide. These all involve some form of "murder" since I can't think of a better word to describe it at the moment. This is why they are specified in the first place. So when you claim that the Xbox LIVE code of conduct says no exploiting, well obviously in this case it's the establishments responsibility to teach the denizens what an exploit actually is and what actions are considered an exploit.
iNanJan wrote:
HC SOlO wrote:
iNanJan wrote:
HC SOlO wrote:
iNanJan wrote:
Doncut97 wrote:
iNanJan wrote:
So I've recently discovered that "Peace Games" in Grifball are considered cheating, but I want to know exactly why since more than half of the people who play Grifball do this exploit. I've been banned from earning cR myself from what I can only assume is because of "Peace Games".
Probably because the population of grifball who do this are boosting tryhards who can't achieve anything in real life so they try to achieve Inheritor in Reach to help their sad souls and act like they are good at the game when they are trash with a 0.2 KD.
It doesn't matter how many people do it, it is still considered cheating. It's like if over half the population of a town went an robbed a mall or large store. Is that considered legal since most of that population is doing it?

Play the game the right way next time to avoid another Cr ban bud.
I don't think banning people over an obvious exploit in a game in necessarily the "right way" to do things. A developer shouldn't be banning people just because hundreds of players don't conform to what they necessarily want. But I still accept the answer I suppose.
You agreed to the "right way" to do things when you made your xbox live account. Its for the good of the community. People pay money to play a game that was designed and intended to be played a particular way. When they go to play the game and it is essentially unplayable, they have a right to have some kind of recourse. Your cR ban is the result of giving grief to other players that paid money and expected to play grifball.
There should be a message in the game to tell players this. It looks bad when a player is banned and doesn't know why. It's essentially the same as being charged with a crime and not being told why until you're in jail. If I had known that "Peace Games" were a banable offense I wouldn't have done it.
ignorantia legis neminem excusat

There is one simple concept that law students learn in their very first weeks of criminal law class: Ignorance of the law is no excuse. This principle means that when an individual violates the law, it doesn't matter whether or not they knew what the law said.
Well this could be argued with Miranda Rights, since it's the establishments responsibility to let people know what they can and can't do.
This also extends into detail of specific actions, examples: Manslaughter, Murder, Assisted Suicide. These all involve some form of "murder" since I can't think of a better word to describe it at the moment. This is why they are specified in the first place. So when you claim that the Xbox LIVE code of conduct says no exploiting, well obviously in this case it's the establishments responsibility to teach the denizens what an exploit actually is and what actions are considered an exploit.
Sorry, I'm not buying your logic.
1st....You had the opportunity to read the rules when you signed up for xbox live.
2nd....It is an objective game type. If you can't figure out that the object of the game is to score the bomb...I'm not sure what to say. If you were to spawn kill players in a ctf game and not score the flag, that would be against code of conduct as well and you could expect some players to complain and so you would potentially receive some sort of ban.
3rd....Do you really need someone to tell you that Murder, manslaughter, (i wont argue Assisted Suicide) is wrong? Your moral compass may be off...as well as the majority of grifball players exploiting this game type.
HC SOlO wrote:
Just played a game of Grifball and didn't realize how horrible that community is. Played with two of my friends and was just constantly team killed by CharlesP12374 and relxingshark was telling us to just stand there and play along with there "peace match" I assume they are credit farming? Can someone ban these kids?
You can report them and file a complaint through xbox when you are playing. I'm not sure what to do after the fact. Maybe someone here will respond.
Basically when you file a Report through Xbox LIVE's services on a player, the report goes to the Xbox LIVE Enforcement Team. They do thorough investigation into the report, starting with the time it was filed (To ensure the report was not fraudulant) to look into the case. Once they look into all aspects behind the report, they will make a decision to file a manual ban, whether it be from Reach or on the player's account, temporary, or in more severe cases permanent.

The LIVE Enforcement Team follows Xbox LIVE Code of Conduct rather strongly and will enforce it in the same manner. If they feel Code of Conduct was violated, they will issue a ban. You can file an appeal to an Xbox LIVE related ban if you earn one and wait to see what happens, but a ban on Reach is one you will have to wait out if temporary, or create a new LIVE account/buy a new console if permanent.
Didn't know this thread existed till today but I definitely figured out why I got banned. I've been AFCing in grifball matches while working on homework and school stuff trying to get the few hundred thousand more credits I need to get mythic. At this point this game is so old I don't care about Inheritor anymore and just want the fully upgraded Gungnir helmet because this is the only game it actually looks good. Usually I hate this type of stuff and it infuriates me whenever I try and get friends together to play just to realize grifball is a total mess now. But with how old it is and how I just want that helmet I figured it wouldn't matter since if these tryhard inheritors can do it all day and people seem to quit games all the time I thought the Banhammer had gone offline with age. I was very very wrong. I totally accept the reason why I was banned and think it's a good thing to try and dissuade from stupid "peace matches" but my whole reason for this lengthy post is that it would be really nice to have some kind of tracker to let you know how long your ban will be and how much time is left. I always try to play fair but I have been playing since launch and probably got a quit ban once when I was younger and maybe one other occasion but I really have no clue. Now I have no idea if the ban is gonna go away tomorrow or a month or never. The notification says temporary but gives no timeframe. I think it's been about half a week and nothing has changed. I accept why I got banned and don't plan to do it again now that I know better, but it would be really nice if they could patch the ban system to let you know how much time you have remaining before you are able to earn Cr again.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
this is just a theory, i have never tried this, i say you should copy your original account, make a second one and use that one for grifball only. if this not allowed i did not know.
Maddock82 wrote:
this is just a theory, i have never tried this, i say you should copy your original account, make a second one and use that one for grifball only. if this not allowed i did not know.
You can make a new Xbox LIVE account , pay for Gold, and use it to play Grifball. However to outright copy the stats and data to a new account would be going into modding territory, which in doing so can earn you upto, not limited but including all your LIVE accounts and/or your Console a ban from Halo: Reach and/or a full Xbox LIVE ban.

Since both accounts would be yours under making a brand new one, you can license transfer, but there would be no point due to the secondary being used just for Grifball.This is of course if you plan to play Grifball legitimately and not spawncampkill or boost as there are penalties for that. Making a new account would not justify the means of doing so as your new account would be also bound to the Code of Conduct agreement.
Maddock82 wrote:
this is just a theory, i have never tried this, i say you should copy your original account, make a second one and use that one for grifball only. if this not allowed i did not know.
You can make a new Xbox LIVE account , pay for Gold, and use it to play Grifball. However to outright copy the stats and data to a new account would be going into modding territory, which in doing so can earn you upto, not limited but including all your LIVE accounts and/or your Console a ban from Halo: Reach and/or a full Xbox LIVE ban.

Since both accounts would be yours under making a brand new one, you can license transfer, but there would be no point due to the secondary being used just for Grifball.This is of course if you plan to play Grifball legitimately and not spawncampkill or boost as there are penalties for that. Making a new account would not justify the means of doing so as your new account would be also bound to the Code of Conduct agreement.
good, i am glad i did not try that even though i do not play grifball much, plus i don't even know how XD. also the theory was intended to avoid bans from grifball spawncampkilling and peace matches when you are the victim that is trying to play the game legit. you can't quit matches forever but you can't be abused like that either.both options will get you banned.
here is how grifball works: a noob or player that hasn't played yet grifball joins a match hearing that it gives you a lot of xp, what they didn't know is that it was filled with tryhards that just wanted xp and noobs that didn't know what they were doing.he thought it would be fun, but he was abused by tryhards and noobs alike for what seemed like hours.then he played another match thinking it was a one time thing,but he was wrong. every time he played a match he was the victim of a peace match or spawncampkilling or even both. then he played another match and another and another, thinking that every match would be different, but was abused every time and was eventually banned for not getting kills. and when he went to halo 5 to play grifball, thinking it would be different, but it wasn't and he couldn't play grifball anymore. And he lived horribly ever after, The End.
Maddock82 wrote:
here is how grifball works: a noob or player that hasn't played yet grifball joins a match hearing that it gives you a lot of xp, what they didn't know is that it was filled with tryhards that just wanted xp and noobs that didn't know what they were doing.he thought it would be fun, but he was abused by tryhards and noobs alike for what seemed like hours.then he played another match thinking it was a one time thing,but he was wrong. every time he played a match he was the victim of a peace match or spawncampkilling or even both. then he played another match and another and another, thinking that every match would be different, but was abused every time and was eventually banned for not getting kills. and when he went to halo 5 to play grifball, thinking it would be different, but it wasn't and he couldn't play grifball anymore. And he lived horribly ever after, The End.
I dont think you understand grifball at all. Where is the scoring? I routinely score the bomb on the xp peace games. Sometimes 3 times.
HC SOlO wrote:
Maddock82 wrote:
here is how grifball works: a noob or player that hasn't played yet grifball joins a match hearing that it gives you a lot of xp, what they didn't know is that it was filled with tryhards that just wanted xp and noobs that didn't know what they were doing.he thought it would be fun, but he was abused by tryhards and noobs alike for what seemed like hours.then he played another match thinking it was a one time thing,but he was wrong. every time he played a match he was the victim of a peace match or spawncampkilling or even both. then he played another match and another and another, thinking that every match would be different, but was abused every time and was eventually banned for not getting kills. and when he went to halo 5 to play grifball, thinking it would be different, but it wasn't and he couldn't play grifball anymore. And he lived horribly ever after, The End.
I dont think you understand grifball at all. Where is the scoring? I routinely score the bomb on the xp peace games. Sometimes 3 times.
i am talking about the player that is being abused
Maddock82 wrote:
HC SOlO wrote:
Maddock82 wrote:
here is how grifball works: a noob or player that hasn't played yet grifball joins a match hearing that it gives you a lot of xp, what they didn't know is that it was filled with tryhards that just wanted xp and noobs that didn't know what they were doing.he thought it would be fun, but he was abused by tryhards and noobs alike for what seemed like hours.then he played another match thinking it was a one time thing,but he was wrong. every time he played a match he was the victim of a peace match or spawncampkilling or even both. then he played another match and another and another, thinking that every match would be different, but was abused every time and was eventually banned for not getting kills. and when he went to halo 5 to play grifball, thinking it would be different, but it wasn't and he couldn't play grifball anymore. And he lived horribly ever after, The End.
I dont think you understand grifball at all. Where is the scoring? I routinely score the bomb on the xp peace games. Sometimes 3 times.
i am talking about the player that is being abused
in a peace match , a teammate or enemy keeps the ball but doesn't score, i should know. i thought grifball would be fun.NOPE! i have not played in a year. that is how a peace match starts
Maddock82 wrote:
Maddock82 wrote:
HC SOlO wrote:
Maddock82 wrote:
here is how grifball works: a noob or player that hasn't played yet grifball joins a match hearing that it gives you a lot of xp, what they didn't know is that it was filled with tryhards that just wanted xp and noobs that didn't know what they were doing.he thought it would be fun, but he was abused by tryhards and noobs alike for what seemed like hours.then he played another match thinking it was a one time thing,but he was wrong. every time he played a match he was the victim of a peace match or spawncampkilling or even both. then he played another match and another and another, thinking that every match would be different, but was abused every time and was eventually banned for not getting kills. and when he went to halo 5 to play grifball, thinking it would be different, but it wasn't and he couldn't play grifball anymore. And he lived horribly ever after, The End.
I dont think you understand grifball at all. Where is the scoring? I routinely score the bomb on the xp peace games. Sometimes 3 times.
i am talking about the player that is being abused
in a peace match , a teammate or enemy keeps the ball but doesn't score, i should know. i thought grifball would be fun.NOPE! i have not played in a year. that is how a peace match starts
I know exactly how a peace match starts. Its very obvious. Your description of the game for the new player was off in my opinion...I do understand what you were trying to say however. I just don't accept that it is impossible to escape the team killers and spawn campers. I escape them all the time and score on them. I don't care about k/d so i keep going back to score the bomb like it was meant to be done.
HC SOlO wrote:
Maddock82 wrote:
Maddock82 wrote:
HC SOlO wrote:
Maddock82 wrote:
here is how grifball works: a noob or player that hasn't played yet grifball joins a match hearing that it gives you a lot of xp, what they didn't know is that it was filled with tryhards that just wanted xp and noobs that didn't know what they were doing.he thought it would be fun, but he was abused by tryhards and noobs alike for what seemed like hours.then he played another match thinking it was a one time thing,but he was wrong. every time he played a match he was the victim of a peace match or spawncampkilling or even both. then he played another match and another and another, thinking that every match would be different, but was abused every time and was eventually banned for not getting kills. and when he went to halo 5 to play grifball, thinking it would be different, but it wasn't and he couldn't play grifball anymore. And he lived horribly ever after, The End.
I dont think you understand grifball at all. Where is the scoring? I routinely score the bomb on the xp peace games. Sometimes 3 times.
i am talking about the player that is being abused
in a peace match , a teammate or enemy keeps the ball but doesn't score, i should know. i thought grifball would be fun.NOPE! i have not played in a year. that is how a peace match starts
I know exactly how a peace match starts. Its very obvious. Your description of the game for the new player was off in my opinion...I do understand what you were trying to say however. I just don't accept that it is impossible to escape the team killers and spawn campers. I escape them all the time and score on them. I don't care about k/d so i keep going back to score the bomb like it was meant to be done.
oh yeah, i know it's easy. you just turn to the right or left and swing immediately aka instinct. but the player is new to grifball, he doesn't know that. but don't worry, i know what you're talking about. it is fun escaping them.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 305
  4. 306
  5. 307
  6. 308
  7. 309
  8. ...
  9. 317