Forums / Games / Halo: Reach

Why Did I Get Banned - The Official Thread

OP Total Sellout

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 306
  4. 307
  5. ...
  6. 308
I just received 10/minute ban and it wasn't my fault the connection went down.
HC SOlO wrote:
iNanJan wrote:
HC SOlO wrote:
iNanJan wrote:
HC SOlO wrote:
iNanJan wrote:
Doncut97 wrote:
iNanJan wrote:
So I've recently discovered that "Peace Games" in Grifball are considered cheating, but I want to know exactly why since more than half of the people who play Grifball do this exploit. I've been banned from earning cR myself from what I can only assume is because of "Peace Games".
Probably because the population of grifball who do this are boosting tryhards who can't achieve anything in real life so they try to achieve Inheritor in Reach to help their sad souls and act like they are good at the game when they are trash with a 0.2 KD.
It doesn't matter how many people do it, it is still considered cheating. It's like if over half the population of a town went an robbed a mall or large store. Is that considered legal since most of that population is doing it?

Play the game the right way next time to avoid another Cr ban bud.
I don't think banning people over an obvious exploit in a game in necessarily the "right way" to do things. A developer shouldn't be banning people just because hundreds of players don't conform to what they necessarily want. But I still accept the answer I suppose.
You agreed to the "right way" to do things when you made your xbox live account. Its for the good of the community. People pay money to play a game that was designed and intended to be played a particular way. When they go to play the game and it is essentially unplayable, they have a right to have some kind of recourse. Your cR ban is the result of giving grief to other players that paid money and expected to play grifball.
There should be a message in the game to tell players this. It looks bad when a player is banned and doesn't know why. It's essentially the same as being charged with a crime and not being told why until you're in jail. If I had known that "Peace Games" were a banable offense I wouldn't have done it.
ignorantia legis neminem excusat

There is one simple concept that law students learn in their very first weeks of criminal law class: Ignorance of the law is no excuse. This principle means that when an individual violates the law, it doesn't matter whether or not they knew what the law said.
Well this could be argued with Miranda Rights, since it's the establishments responsibility to let people know what they can and can't do.
This also extends into detail of specific actions, examples: Manslaughter, Murder, Assisted Suicide. These all involve some form of "murder" since I can't think of a better word to describe it at the moment. This is why they are specified in the first place. So when you claim that the Xbox LIVE code of conduct says no exploiting, well obviously in this case it's the establishments responsibility to teach the denizens what an exploit actually is and what actions are considered an exploit.
Sorry, I'm not buying your logic.
1st....You had the opportunity to read the rules when you signed up for xbox live.
2nd....It is an objective game type. If you can't figure out that the object of the game is to score the bomb...I'm not sure what to say. If you were to spawn kill players in a ctf game and not score the flag, that would be against code of conduct as well and you could expect some players to complain and so you would potentially receive some sort of ban.
3rd....Do you really need someone to tell you that Murder, manslaughter, (i wont argue Assisted Suicide) is wrong? Your moral compass may be off...as well as the majority of grifball players exploiting this game type.
I completely disagree with this. If it really is an issue, just patch the game to prohibit "peace games". An obvious exploit in the code of the game is not the responsibility of the player.
HC SOlO wrote:
-snip-
I completely disagree with this. If it really is an issue, just patch the game to prohibit "peace games". An obvious exploit in the code of the game is not the responsibility of the player.
But you did agree to this, Code of Conduct. It is a legal binding agreement that you chose to accept when you decided to create your Microsoft account and utilize XBox LIVE services. You were even given an opportunity to read through all of it before declining or accepting. If you scrolled through without reading and hit accept, you still agreed to said terms. Also the previous person defending boosting are comparing apples (Code of Conduct) to oranges(Real Life Crime) as well.

To clarify of exploiting and cheating let us look at both indepth (Former Section F) and simplified Code of ConductFrom the Regular Code of Conduct:

Don’t cheat or tamper. For example, don't:
  • Use unauthorised hardware or software
  • Exploit game vulnerabilities or glitches
  • Make unauthorised modifications to your account profile or its contents (e.g. tenure, Avatar, game saves, Gamerscore, achievements)
  • Intentionally play with someone who is using unauthorised software or methods
From Section F of the indepth Code of Conduct:

Cheating & Tampering
  • Do not cheat in a game unless the developer has deliberately enabled cheats.
  • Do not use unauthorized hardware or modifications.
  • Do not exploit game vulnerabilities or glitches.
  • Do not make unauthorized modifications to your account profile or its contents, including but not limited to tenure, Avatar, saved games, Gamerscore, or achievements.
  • Do not intentionally play with someone who is using unauthorized software or methods.
  • Do not play any illegitimately obtained software or pirated games.
  • Do not take any action to cause degradation of service for Microsoft or other users, including but not limited to network interference or manipulation.
  • Do not play a game before it has been authorized for play on the service.
Peace Games clearly violate what is bolded. 343i and Bungie never intended for Reach Grifball to be exploited for cR by either spawncampkilling and/or sitting around for 13-20+ Minutes to intentionally boost the Performance Bonus System in a way it was never meant to be. This is why people are usually banned manually by either 343i or LIVE Enforcement when they are reported for doing this.

We can even go as far as what the LIVE Enforcement Team Themselves considers cheating.

Cheating includes, but isn’t limited to:
  • Involvement with modified (“modded”) games or gametypes such as modded lobbies, mod menus, mod infections, or other unauthorized modifications
  • Involvement with modified Xbox hardware
  • Intentionally playing with someone who is using unauthorized software or methods
  • Using unauthorized software to make changes to your account or game saves
  • Unlocking achievements, prestige level, in-game ranks, or other content you didn’t actually earn
  • Repeatedly using a game glitch or vulnerability to gain an unfair competitive advantage
  • Interfering with or manipulating your device's network traffic
  • Abusing the player reporting (complaint) system by filing or encouraging your friends to file false or redundant complaints or feedback
Boosting is not earning, it is cheating. Also in an Objective Based Gametype such as Grifball, if you can score the objective of the objective based gametype, which is to score the goal, then why wouldn't you? I do agree 343i can fix the issue with either removing the performance bonus or setting it to a hard 0, but they are evidently working on other things. Still doesn't make the action of performing 'Peace Games' or Spawncampkilling right. As much as a line of code in the game is the not the responsibility of the player whether that code was intentional by the developer or not , the player's own actions combined with the legal binding agreement to Code of Conduct is and due to Code of Conduct, that player is responsible for any and all actions on his or her account. LIVE Terms of Use clearly states that which is also another matter you have to agree to upon creating your account.

From the Terms of Use page:

"Because information personal to your Xbox Live subscription will thereafter be available to you via the Xbox Live, you are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Microsoft Account password and account. Furthermore, you are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account on the Xbox Live. Microsoft will not be liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of someone else using your account, either with or without your knowledge. However, you could be held liable for losses incurred by Microsoft or another party due to someone else using your account."

Binding agreements that you agreed to if you have an Xbox LIVE account. Code of Conduct and Terms of Use. If the developer is against boosting and farming (which 343i is as they consider it cheating), you don't do it unless you want to risk a ban or outright (which I don't know why anybody would want this) want to be banned due to it violating Code of Conduct
All these boosters trying to defend their actions of cheating claiming they're not in the wrong. lol they're so entertaining to mess with cause they get so angry at being called out.

It's so simple to read the rules and play the right way and not be an entitled *yoink* and claim boosting is completely in agreement with the game. XD
Hi, so I just started playing Halo Reach a few days ago and I got a temporary credit ban on my account and my console and I was wondering if anybody could tell me why and how long it will last. I know I am not that great at video games, I just started playing. Could it be because I have more deaths than kills? I got the notification after getting back into my room when I left my game on the matchmaker mode, I was not in a game or anything. I'm just not sure what I did to get banned from earning credits. So, if anybody could tell me possibly why that is, that would be very much appreciated (:
Hi, so I just started playing Halo Reach a few days ago and I got a temporary credit ban on my account and my console and I was wondering if anybody could tell me why and how long it will last. I know I am not that great at video games, I just started playing. Could it be because I have more deaths than kills? I got the notification after getting back into my room when I left my game on the matchmaker mode, I was not in a game or anything. I'm just not sure what I did to get banned from earning credits. So, if anybody could tell me possibly why that is, that would be very much appreciated (:
Most likely you we're credit banned since you only get 0-3 kills. a lot of your recent matches show you haven't gotten a single kill but you have 10-20 deaths per match.
I'm not trying to mess with you because of your stats but because of them the game most likely thinks you're someone who AFKs throughout a match.

If you're not that good at team snipers I'd recommend starting with someone more on an even playing ground like Team Slayer and work your way into different gametypes.
HC SOlO wrote:
-snip-
I completely disagree with this. If it really is an issue, just patch the game to prohibit "peace games". An obvious exploit in the code of the game is not the responsibility of the player.
But you did agree to this, Code of Conduct. It is a legal binding agreement that you chose to accept when you decided to create your Microsoft account and utilize XBox LIVE services. You were even given an opportunity to read through all of it before declining or accepting. If you scrolled through without reading and hit accept, you still agreed to said terms. Also the previous person defending boosting are comparing apples (Code of Conduct) to oranges(Real Life Crime) as well.

To clarify of exploiting and cheating let us look at both indepth (Former Section F) and simplified Code of ConductFrom the Regular Code of Conduct:

Don’t cheat or tamper. For example, don't:
  • Use unauthorised hardware or software
  • Exploit game vulnerabilities or glitches
  • Make unauthorised modifications to your account profile or its contents (e.g. tenure, Avatar, game saves, Gamerscore, achievements)
  • Intentionally play with someone who is using unauthorised software or methods
From Section F of the indepth Code of Conduct:

Cheating & Tampering
  • Do not cheat in a game unless the developer has deliberately enabled cheats.
  • Do not use unauthorized hardware or modifications.
  • Do not exploit game vulnerabilities or glitches.
  • Do not make unauthorized modifications to your account profile or its contents, including but not limited to tenure, Avatar, saved games, Gamerscore, or achievements.
  • Do not intentionally play with someone who is using unauthorized software or methods.
  • Do not play any illegitimately obtained software or pirated games.
  • Do not take any action to cause degradation of service for Microsoft or other users, including but not limited to network interference or manipulation.
  • Do not play a game before it has been authorized for play on the service.
Peace Games clearly violate what is bolded. 343i and Bungie never intended for Reach Grifball to be exploited for cR by either spawncampkilling and/or sitting around for 13-20+ Minutes to intentionally boost the Performance Bonus System in a way it was never meant to be. This is why people are usually banned manually by either 343i or LIVE Enforcement when they are reported for doing this.

We can even go as far as what the LIVE Enforcement Team Themselves considers cheating.

Cheating includes, but isn’t limited to:
  • Involvement with modified (“modded”) games or gametypes such as modded lobbies, mod menus, mod infections, or other unauthorized modifications
  • Involvement with modified Xbox hardware
  • Intentionally playing with someone who is using unauthorized software or methods
  • Using unauthorized software to make changes to your account or game saves
  • Unlocking achievements, prestige level, in-game ranks, or other content you didn’t actually earn
  • Repeatedly using a game glitch or vulnerability to gain an unfair competitive advantage
  • Interfering with or manipulating your device's network traffic
  • Abusing the player reporting (complaint) system by filing or encouraging your friends to file false or redundant complaints or feedback
Boosting is not earning, it is cheating. Also in an Objective Based Gametype such as Grifball, if you can score the objective of the objective based gametype, which is to score the goal, then why wouldn't you? I do agree 343i can fix the issue with either removing the performance bonus or setting it to a hard 0, but they are evidently working on other things. Still doesn't make the action of performing 'Peace Games' or Spawncampkilling right. As much as a line of code in the game is the not the responsibility of the player whether that code was intentional by the developer or not , the player's own actions combined with the legal binding agreement to Code of Conduct is and due to Code of Conduct, that player is responsible for any and all actions on his or her account. LIVE Terms of Use clearly states that which is also another matter you have to agree to upon creating your account.

From the Terms of Use page:

"Because information personal to your Xbox Live subscription will thereafter be available to you via the Xbox Live, you are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Microsoft Account password and account. Furthermore, you are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account on the Xbox Live. Microsoft will not be liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of someone else using your account, either with or without your knowledge. However, you could be held liable for losses incurred by Microsoft or another party due to someone else using your account."

Binding agreements that you agreed to if you have an Xbox LIVE account. Code of Conduct and Terms of Use. If the developer is against boosting and farming (which 343i is as they consider it cheating), you don't do it unless you want to risk a ban or outright (which I don't know why anybody would want this) want to be banned due to it violating Code of Conduct
People are making assumptions here. I am just here to express my feelings about a somewhat weird system if it comes to rules. The CoC is a thing, yet people may discuss what actually falls under an exploit in this particular game. If it is possible, it isn't necessarily allowed, BUT... if it won't ever get patched, it may prove to be "okay" because the developer doesn't want it stopped.
HC SOlO wrote:
-snip-
People are making assumptions here. I am just here to express my feelings about a somewhat weird system if it comes to rules. The CoC is a thing, yet people may discuss what actually falls under an exploit in this particular game. If it is possible, it isn't necessarily allowed, BUT... if it won't ever get patched, it may prove to be "okay" because the developer doesn't want it stopped.
The CoC is clear in its intention if you ask me. Break the rules and get reported or banned. Just because the developer does not try to "patch" the game does not mean its "okay". There are many discussions on why this particular exploit cannot be patched. This is a behavior that affects other players that wish to play the game as it was designed.You cannot assume the developer does not want it stopped. This is a relatively old game. The developer has moved on to other projects. I think you are making assumptions.
HC SOlO wrote:
HC SOlO wrote:
-snip-
People are making assumptions here. I am just here to express my feelings about a somewhat weird system if it comes to rules. The CoC is a thing, yet people may discuss what actually falls under an exploit in this particular game. If it is possible, it isn't necessarily allowed, BUT... if it won't ever get patched, it may prove to be "okay" because the developer doesn't want it stopped.
The CoC is clear in its intention if you ask me. Break the rules and get reported or banned. Just because the developer does not try to "patch" the game does not mean its "okay". There are many discussions on whythis particular exploit cannot be patched. This is a behavior that affects other players that wish to play the game as it was designed.You cannot assume the developer does not want it stopped. This is a relatively old game. The developer has moved on to other projects. I think you are making assumptions.
Fair enough. To be honest though, I wouldn't be bothered with fixing a game that's 7 years old. But I can relate and imagine that people are really disappointed with how the system works.

The Code of Conduct is very specific about what actions give penalties, but then again what I said makes sense. Exploits, and with it the point to what extent you are able to categorize it with "offences" is very much THE discussion. Nothing is mentioned WITHIN the game, just outside, just like this forum. A ban may not be the best way for the Xbox to handle this type of behaviour, also it isn't clearly stated anywhere OUTSIDE of the CoC (without turning to forums that is).
HC SOlO wrote:
HC SOlO wrote:
-snip-
People are making assumptions here. I am just here to express my feelings about a somewhat weird system if it comes to rules. The CoC is a thing, yet people may discuss what actually falls under an exploit in this particular game. If it is possible, it isn't necessarily allowed, BUT... if it won't ever get patched, it may prove to be "okay" because the developer doesn't want it stopped.
The CoC is clear in its intention if you ask me. Break the rules and get reported or banned. Just because the developer does not try to "patch" the game does not mean its "okay". There are many discussions on whythis particular exploit cannot be patched. This is a behavior that affects other players that wish to play the game as it was designed.You cannot assume the developer does not want it stopped. This is a relatively old game. The developer has moved on to other projects. I think you are making assumptions.
Fair enough. To be honest though, I wouldn't be bothered with fixing a game that's 7 years old. But I can relate and imagine that people are really disappointed with how the system works.

The Code of Conduct is very specific about what actions give penalties, but then again what I said makes sense. Exploits, and with it the point to what extent you are able to categorize it with "offences" is very much THE discussion. Nothing is mentioned WITHIN the game, just outside, just like this forum. A ban may not be the best way for the Xbox to handle this type of behaviour, also it isn't clearly stated anywhere OUTSIDE of the CoC (without turning to forums that is).
Fun Fact: it's still wrong to peace match as the ban hammer can and will hit you for it. If you can get hit by the ban hammer for doing something questionable then you aren't suppose to do it. no if, and, or buts...
-snip-
People are making assumptions here. I am just here to express my feelings about a somewhat weird system if it comes to rules. The CoC is a thing, yet people may discuss what actually falls under an exploit in this particular game. If it is possible, it isn't necessarily allowed, BUT... if it won't ever get patched, it may prove to be "okay" because the developer doesn't want it stopped.
I am reminded of the Achielles Helmet and the 'Farming' (Spawncampkilling 'Cough') that was occuring in Halo 5 before 343i took action on that. Instead of scoring the goal, people were essentially spawncampkilling the enemy team to essentially boost their K/D ratio (Statpad) and their RP Payout, which was not the intention of 343i. This is sounding awfully familiar, isn't it? 343i took action at the given time due to the game being their current project. They did fix things and were clear that Farming poorly setup spawnpoints in the objective based gametype via spawncampkilling was exploiting and boosting, hence cheating.

So from what we learned from the Farming episode that 343i had to deal with in Halo 5, they are against boosting as they do indeed consider it cheating. Since they consider it as such, that same principal applies to all of their games, not just Halo 5. Also keep in mind that the LIVE Enforcement team as well as a small handful of individuals working for 343i through reports and evidence have had manual bans issued on people who boost in objective based gametypes, including Grifball in Halo Reach. It's no assumption.

Also, I have heard some people boost simply because they 'can' and/or because "Well the developer didn't change it even though they verbally stated they were against it." The ends still do not justify the means to boost due to Code of Conduct in this scenario as well as Terms of Use and I have shown how in my previous post. People who use Xbox LIVE are responsible for all actions on their account, not the developer of the games they play or a line of code within a game.
Doncut97 wrote:
HC SOlO wrote:
HC SOlO wrote:
-snip-
People are making assumptions here. I am just here to express my feelings about a somewhat weird system if it comes to rules. The CoC is a thing, yet people may discuss what actually falls under an exploit in this particular game. If it is possible, it isn't necessarily allowed, BUT... if it won't ever get patched, it may prove to be "okay" because the developer doesn't want it stopped.
The CoC is clear in its intention if you ask me. Break the rules and get reported or banned. Just because the developer does not try to "patch" the game does not mean its "okay". There are many discussions on whythis particular exploit cannot be patched. This is a behavior that affects other players that wish to play the game as it was designed.You cannot assume the developer does not want it stopped. This is a relatively old game. The developer has moved on to other projects. I think you are making assumptions.
Fair enough. To be honest though, I wouldn't be bothered with fixing a game that's 7 years old. But I can relate and imagine that people are really disappointed with how the system works.

The Code of Conduct is very specific about what actions give penalties, but then again what I said makes sense. Exploits, and with it the point to what extent you are able to categorize it with "offences" is very much THE discussion. Nothing is mentioned WITHIN the game, just outside, just like this forum. A ban may not be the best way for the Xbox to handle this type of behaviour, also it isn't clearly stated anywhere OUTSIDE of the CoC (without turning to forums that is).
Fun Fact: it's still wrong to peace match as the ban hammer can and will hit you for it. If you can get hit by the ban hammer for doing something questionable then you aren't suppose to do it. no if, and, or buts...
I agree. But there's that one big flaw in the system.
You do realize people are getting banned left and right because they sometimes are "unable" or "not good enough" to get a single kill right?

So, going by your logic, it's questionable if you are getting zero kills? "No but I am not good enough" -- No excuse, "What if I am playing with a friend who stays over" -- No excuse!

The system is SO bad and the explanation is pretty much non-existent, that people HAVE to go on the forum to read about what's been going on. People who play for fun (casually) and aren't interested in investing time in online forums will only look for an explanation AFTER they've been banned, naturally.

-snip-
People are making assumptions here. I am just here to express my feelings about a somewhat weird system if it comes to rules. The CoC is a thing, yet people may discuss what actually falls under an exploit in this particular game. If it is possible, it isn't necessarily allowed, BUT... if it won't ever get patched, it may prove to be "okay" because the developer doesn't want it stopped.
I am reminded of the Achielles Helmet and the 'Farming' (Spawncampkilling 'Cough') that was occuring in Halo 5 before 343i took action on that. Instead of scoring the goal, people were essentially spawncampkilling the enemy team to essentially boost their K/D ratio (Statpad) and their RP Payout, which was not the intention of 343i. This is sounding awfully familiar, isn't it? 343i took action at the given time due to the game being their current project. They did fix things and were clear that Farming poorly setup spawnpoints in the objective based gametype via spawncampkilling was exploiting and boosting, hence cheating.

So from what we learned from the Farming episode that 343i had to deal with in Halo 5, they are against boosting as they do indeed consider it cheating. Since they consider it as such, that same principal applies to all of their games, not just Halo 5. Also keep in mind that the LIVE Enforcement team as well as a small handful of individuals working for 343i through reports and evidence have had manual bans issued on people who boost in objective based gametypes, including Grifball in Halo Reach. It's no assumption.

Also, I have heard some people boost simply because they 'can' and/or because "Well the developer didn't change it even though they verbally stated they were against it." The ends still do not justify the means to boost due to Code of Conduct in this scenario as well as Terms of Use and I have shown how in my previous post. People who use Xbox LIVE are responsible for all actions on their account, not the developer of the games they play or a line of code within a game.
Look, I know that you pay your 50 dollars, 40 euros or 40 pounds a year for access to the Xbox Live Network, and therefor it's of utmost importance that people are being monitored. However, spawnkilling isn't necessarily cheating/boosting. The problem with your example is that they were using the XP-system to their advantage and to others' disadvantage. They were probably getting reports or filed forms from people who were going to play less of their precious game (mode or game as a whole) because this was really annoying to them. They took action, it's pretty normal.

(I don't play Halo 5, that I have to say. I may have misinterpreted your example of spawnkilling)

--- They did fix things and were clear that Farming poorly setup spawnpoints in the objective based gametype via spawncampkilling was exploiting and boosting, hence cheating. ---This isn't the same case with Reach. Reach has an allround banhammer, not just to boosting/credits farming. It bans ALL who seem suspicious by going through a scan which looks to very shallow numbers. I figure people in Halo 5 weren't actually being banned. And if they were, it was being done more cautiously..?

--- Also, I have heard some people boost simply because they 'can' and/or because "Well the developer didn't change it even though they verbally stated they were against it." The ends still do not justify the means to boost due to Code of Conduct in this scenario as well as Terms of Use and I have shown how in my previous post. People who use Xbox LIVE are responsible for all actions on their account, not the developer of the games they play or a line of code within a game. ---I never stated otherwise man.
Doncut97 wrote:
HC SOlO wrote:
HC SOlO wrote:
-snip-
People are making assumptions here. I am just here to express my feelings about a somewhat weird system if it comes to rules. The CoC is a thing, yet people may discuss what actually falls under an exploit in this particular game. If it is possible, it isn't necessarily allowed, BUT... if it won't ever get patched, it may prove to be "okay" because the developer doesn't want it stopped.
The CoC is clear in its intention if you ask me. Break the rules and get reported or banned. Just because the developer does not try to "patch" the game does not mean its "okay". There are many discussions on whythis particular exploit cannot be patched. This is a behavior that affects other players that wish to play the game as it was designed.You cannot assume the developer does not want it stopped. This is a relatively old game. The developer has moved on to other projects. I think you are making assumptions.
-snip-
--- Also, I have heard some people boost simply because they 'can' and/or because "Well the developer didn't change it even though they verbally stated they were against it." The ends still do not justify the means to boost due to Code of Conduct in this scenario as well as Terms of Use and I have shown how in my previous post. People who use Xbox LIVE are responsible for all actions on their account, not the developer of the games they play or a line of code within a game. ---I never stated otherwise man.
True, just covering grounds incase somebody outside jumps in to state this. It has happened before. No worries here.
Doncut97 wrote:
HC SOlO wrote:
HC SOlO wrote:
-snip-
People are making assumptions here. I am just here to express my feelings about a somewhat weird system if it comes to rules. The CoC is a thing, yet people may discuss what actually falls under an exploit in this particular game. If it is possible, it isn't necessarily allowed, BUT... if it won't ever get patched, it may prove to be "okay" because the developer doesn't want it stopped.
The CoC is clear in its intention if you ask me. Break the rules and get reported or banned. Just because the developer does not try to "patch" the game does not mean its "okay". There are many discussions on whythis particular exploit cannot be patched. This is a behavior that affects other players that wish to play the game as it was designed.You cannot assume the developer does not want it stopped. This is a relatively old game. The developer has moved on to other projects. I think you are making assumptions.
-snip
However, spawnkilling isn't necessarily cheating/boosting.
Depends on the context of it. Spawntrapping is when you keep the enemy at spawn spawnkilling for only a couple of seconds to score the goal or complete the objective. This is strategy and hence legit. Spawncampkilling on the otherhand is spending the majority/entire duration of a game at the enemy's spawn killing them to boost cr/XP/RP, K/D Ratio (Statpad), and/or Commedations in a way not intended by the developer in a fashion that such gains would not be made as quickly if playing the game as intended instead of playing the game as intended and scoring the objective in the objective based gametype, the intention of the developer.

That is indeed cheating and people have been banned for it. If you are boosting in such a fashion, you really did not earn that and the LIVE Enforcement Team would see it the same way. Spawncampkilling can also be seen as griefing somebody elses game as well, which does degrade the quality of services LIVE provides which is also a bannable offense if reported.
Doncut97 wrote:
HC SOlO wrote:
HC SOlO wrote:
-snip-
People are making assumptions here. I am just here to express my feelings about a somewhat weird system if it comes to rules. The CoC is a thing, yet people may discuss what actually falls under an exploit in this particular game. If it is possible, it isn't necessarily allowed, BUT... if it won't ever get patched, it may prove to be "okay" because the developer doesn't want it stopped.
The CoC is clear in its intention if you ask me. Break the rules and get reported or banned. Just because the developer does not try to "patch" the game does not mean its "okay". There are many discussions on whythis particular exploit cannot be patched. This is a behavior that affects other players that wish to play the game as it was designed.You cannot assume the developer does not want it stopped. This is a relatively old game. The developer has moved on to other projects. I think you are making assumptions.
-snip-
--- Also, I have heard some people boost simply because they 'can' and/or because "Well the developer didn't change it even though they verbally stated they were against it." The ends still do not justify the means to boost due to Code of Conduct in this scenario as well as Terms of Use and I have shown how in my previous post. People who use Xbox LIVE are responsible for all actions on their account, not the developer of the games they play or a line of code within a game. ---I never stated otherwise man.
True, just covering grounds incase somebody outside jumps in to state this. It has happened before. No worries here.
Doncut97 wrote:
HC SOlO wrote:
HC SOlO wrote:
-snip-
People are making assumptions here. I am just here to express my feelings about a somewhat weird system if it comes to rules. The CoC is a thing, yet people may discuss what actually falls under an exploit in this particular game. If it is possible, it isn't necessarily allowed, BUT... if it won't ever get patched, it may prove to be "okay" because the developer doesn't want it stopped.
The CoC is clear in its intention if you ask me. Break the rules and get reported or banned. Just because the developer does not try to "patch" the game does not mean its "okay". There are many discussions on whythis particular exploit cannot be patched. This is a behavior that affects other players that wish to play the game as it was designed.You cannot assume the developer does not want it stopped. This is a relatively old game. The developer has moved on to other projects. I think you are making assumptions.
-snip
However, spawnkilling isn't necessarily cheating/boosting.
Depends on the context of it. Spawntrapping is when you keep the enemy at spawn spawnkilling for only a couple of seconds to score the goal or complete the objective. This is strategy and hence legit. Spawncampkilling on the otherhand is spending the majority/entire duration of a game at the enemy's spawn killing them to boost cr/XP/RP, K/D Ratio (Statpad), and/or Commedations in a way not intended by the developer in a fashion that such gains would not be made as quickly if playing the game as intended instead of playing the game as intended and scoring the objective in the objective based gametype, the intention of the developer.

That is indeed cheating and people have been banned for it. If you are boosting in such a fashion, you really did not earn that and the LIVE Enforcement Team would see it the same way. Spawncampkilling can also be seen as griefing somebody elses game as well, which does degrade the quality of services LIVE provides which is also a bannable offense if reported.
Alright. I believe in the context you just described, that you are correct and it is a bannable offence.

I still however think that bans/exploits should stay a discussable subject. One is not the other per say.
If your griffball get at least a kill so your not considered afk and you won’t get banned at least that’s what I’ve found out
If your griffball get at least a kill so your not considered afk and you won’t get banned at least that’s what I’ve found out
getting only one kill still can get you banned. stop trying to make boosting valid.
I just received 10/minute ban and it wasn't my fault the connection went down.
That only happens if your on probation
Total Sellout I never did this so please put me back online
My account for halo is off and I need it back on
My account for halo is off and I need it back on
Good afternoon.

According to your Halo: Reach Game History, you have not played Halo: Reach yet, so are you inferring to a ban or issue for another Halo game? If so, you should be able to find the proper thread for that in the game subsection of the forums relating to the game you are asking about.Also, is your ban/issue regarding the account you areposting with or another account? If it is another account, the gamertag is needed to look into the issue/ban with as many details as possible.

Hope this helps and have a nice day now.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 306
  4. 307
  5. ...
  6. 308