1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 309
  4. 310
  5. 311
  6. 312
  7. ...
  8. 313
it's funny how halo and bungi hide behindXbox LIVE Code of Conduct and Terms of Use. it is not xbox live code of conduct. these bans are negotiable because it never happens on any other game than halo. check w/ your local attorney for help and have them write a nice little letter. you paid for a subscription and you have rights and contracts thru xbox live. these r general bans based on profiling which is illegal in all 50 states.
Maybe it only happens on halo because that is where the highest number cheaters can be found? Just saying....and yes i am profiling based on my experience playing against countless cheaters.
it's funny how halo and bungi hide behindXbox LIVE Code of Conduct and Terms of Use. it is not xbox live code of conduct. these bans are negotiable because it never happens on any other game than halo. check w/ your local attorney for help and have them write a nice little letter. you paid for a subscription and you have rights and contracts thru xbox live. these r general bans based on profiling which is illegal in all 50 states.
No, it is code of conduct. 343 / Bungie / Microsoft and any other company are well within their rights to remove offending users from their platforms if the violate guidelines. You might pay a subscription, but that doesn't mean you don't have to follow the rules
I agree with the rules
So if you created an Xbox LIVE account and are using it, you agreed to Terms of Use and Code of Conduct which covers aspects not limited to but including cheating. Code of Conduct and Terms of Use are actually legal binding agreements that have to be agreed upon in order to use Xbox LIVE. Even though you are indeed paying for a service, Xbox LIVE, you did agree to those legal binding agreements in order to use it. When you agreed to said terms, you agreed to the rights you would and would not have in order to use said service. 343 Industries and Halo is not hiding behing anything.

With that said if you were forsay to get an attorney and argue this, you would be wasting your own money because the attorney themselves would tell you that Code of Conduct and Terms of Use are indeed legal binding agreements and due to Terms of Use stating that you are responsible for ALL actions on your Xbox LIVE account, any form of action from you that would lead to a ban to any game would not be arguable.

From Terms of Use:

Because information personal to your Xbox Live subscription will thereafter be available to you via the Xbox Live, you are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Microsoft Account password and account. Furthermore, you are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account on the Xbox Live. Microsoft will not be liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of someone else using your account, either with or without your knowledge.

Which brings me to the aspect of your argument about bans only happening on Halo on the Xbox Platform. Actually bans can occur in other LIVE based games as well, such as for example the Destiny games, Forza games, and Call of Duty games. These examples also do not allow cheating and do indeed punish players who they catch doing so. Also, do not forget the Xbox LIVE Enforcement Team who investigates reports and suspicious activity and can issue Gamerscore Reset, Mute Bans, Profile Bans, and/or Console Bans if they feel there is sufficient evidence that a player was cheating in an extreme case. There is zero justification of cheating with the binding agreements in place unless the game developer has deliberately enabled cheats.

So with that said, I am curious to hear how the bans mentioned in this thread are profiling, especially when people chose to AFC/AFK/Idle , Boost/Statpad, Mod, Lagswitch, etc. (which at the end of the day falls into some iteration of cheating and/or griefing and/or degrading of LIVEs Services and Gameplay Experience for others) when they also agreed to those binding agreements that clearly stated not to do so and what the potential consequences would be should they do so. These players who were banned chose to violate the binding agreements they agreed to, and hence are now dealing with the consequences of that.

If you do not like the binding agreements you agreed to, you can choose to simply use your Xbox Offline and not use Xbox LIVE, or for that matter not use/play any service that uses LIVE at all. Also for the Halo games 343 Industries is in control of Halo, not Bungie as they handed Halo over to Microsoft and 343i years ago and now have their Destiny franchise.

Also, are you the 13 year old son to the father that wanted an inquiry on a ban on his son and wife here in 2012? If so, it seems you did not get the message from your father regarding the banhammer and Code of Conduct. Your typing as well as your post history really hints at that.
you get banned by bullying, hacking, and scamming its common but its true and you get banned by quiting to many matchmaking games
Hi!
I'm asking here something a little different from usual bans (as it never happened to me).
First i wanna say that i live in France and french is my native tongue, so i'll post as it appears on the screen and try to translate in english...
I was playing Halo Reach in firefight mode and , at the end of the game as the first roung was a clean hit (did all the kill by myself), i decided to create a movie clip, went to theater mode and choose to edit the video to just the first round.
I then navigated to my local files, choose the specified file and tried to upload it online to share (and by the same way have the achievement as i never uploaded to my shared files before).
The upload went wrong at the end, so i tried right after to upload it again and then a message popped "Vous avez été banni à titre définitif du système de partage de fichier pour violation des conditions d'utilisation"... It can translate roughly to " You've been permanantly banned from the file sharing system for violation of the user code".
In the past i once or two tried to upload a file, but like the first one it went wrong when trying to upload a clip and never finished, and i don't see why i've been banned from file sharing on Reach.
Damn, i didn't even know it was possible!
I did nothing wrong on the clip, so can someone explain me why i was banned? Please check the file, and you'll see for yourself that there was nothing wrong with it...
Thanks for investigating!
Hi!
I'm asking here something a little different from usual bans (as it never happened to me).
First i wanna say that i live in France and french is my native tongue, so i'll post as it appears on the screen and try to translate in english...
I was playing Halo Reach in firefight mode and , at the end of the game as the first roung was a clean hit (did all the kill by myself), i decided to create a movie clip, went to theater mode and choose to edit the video to just the first round.
I then navigated to my local files, choose the specified file and tried to upload it online to share (and by the same way have the achievement as i never uploaded to my shared files before).
The upload went wrong at the end, so i tried right after to upload it again and then a message popped "Vous avez été banni à titre définitif du système de partage de fichier pour violation des conditions d'utilisation"... It can translate roughly to " You've been permanantly banned from the file sharing system for violation of the user code".
In the past i once or two tried to upload a file, but like the first one it went wrong when trying to upload a clip and never finished, and i don't see why i've been banned from file sharing on Reach.
I did nothing wrong on the clip, so can someone explain me why i was banned? Please check the file, and you'll see for yourself that there was nothing wrong with it...
the real question is... how did you put the word damn without getting the word yoink instead?
maddock82 wrote:
Hi!
the real question is... how did you put the word damn without getting the word yoink instead?
wait, how did I do that? I'm confused
maddock82 wrote:
maddock82 wrote:
Hi!
But you did, lol... Let's return to the main subject now: Do you have any clue as to what happened and why? I really hope someone can help and maybe have the administrators unban me...
maddock82 wrote:
maddock82 wrote:
Hi!
But you did, lol... Let's return to the main subject now: Do you have any clue as to what happened and why? I really hope someone can help and maybe have the administrators unban me...
I have no idea, I have never heard of a file sharing system ban before and I don't think the admins unban you unless you fall into the 2% or 5%... or was it 10% of people where the ban isn't their fault? well, it's something like that, at least I think so.
maddock82 wrote:
I have no idea, I have never heard of a file sharing system ban before and I don't think the admins unban you unless you fall into the 2% or 5%... or was it 10% of people where the ban isn't their fault? well, it's something like that, at least I think so.
I too never heard of it before... I really fell like i did nothing wrong, someone told me on another forum that i must have stolen the file, but it's really mine as i'm the main caracter on it and didn't acted like a jerk. Remembering back, i remember that i wanted to download on a friend shared files list the chuck norris file (for the achievement!) but i wasn't even able to grab it, all the files i wanted to download couldn't be completed, and i never was able to complete an upload too.
As for my behavior i never do T-bag or things like that, i even complain when others do that (for most of the time i am the one being t-bagged).
If the admins can do unbans, then thanks, you've helped me getting hope, as i am 100% sure that i am one of the 2%/5% not faulty and banned.
I really hope that the admins can come by here and contact me!
This will be fun!!
DAIGOO 117 wrote:
This will be fun!!
What will be fun? I don't understand what you mean by that.
Are you talking about something else? Or are you talking about my problem? And in advance no i'm not being sarcastic, i just don't get what you want to say..
As proof that my problem is legit, if i did upload something that would be problematic with the code of conduct, i should have first completed uploading something to my shared files, don't you thing?
But if i did finish any upload, i would then have unlocked the achievement for having uploaded something to the shared file, an achievement i have yet to unlock on my account!
That's why i want someone to check the reason of the ban of the file sharing system, for it's totally illogical and the fact that i didn't unlock the achievement in itself is proof that there is a problem with the ban system for the shared files... The only file sharing related achievement that i did was to recommend a file (a random one that is, as most of my friend stopped playing the game a long time ago).
A friend of mine told me that it was maybe a simple traduction problem from english to french (it occured multiple times on halo reach with the french version, mostly with the daily challenge and menu). The french version was a mess with it...
So i'll try to go to a friend's house and try to upload from his home to see if the problem is the same and if the message appears again...
I really would appreciate if a moderator would investigate on it...
I do not speak English well but they do not let me publish in my native language. I never make fun of the problems of others and I do not know what you are talking about, I was referring to halo. I regret your problem but do not make fun of you and calmly it is solved. Playing is fun!!
DAIGOO 117
Quote:
Shadow Spadasin
Are you talking about something else? Or are you talking about my problem? And in advance no i'm not being sarcastic, i just don't get what you want to say..
DAIGOO 117 wrote:
I do not speak English well but they do not let me publish in my native language. I never make fun of the problems of others and I do not know what you are talking about, I was referring to halo. I regret your problem but do not make fun of you and calmly it is solved. Playing is fun!!
DAIGOO 117
Quote:
Shadow Spadasin
Hi!
Thanks, we're both alike, as english is not my native tongue too.
Yes, i too love halo reach and fell it's really fun...
The thing is how can i be banned from the file sharing if i didn't even shared once a file? If i didn't even shared a single file once, how can i have violated the code of conduct of the file sharing system?
I really want to know about this problem and would like an administrator to go check it, and see for themself...
Even be banned is no big dal in itself, but i would like just once for it to work, so i can get the achievement of uploading something...
It's been quite a few days now, and i didn't even saw an administrator come by to check the thread, hope someone will come and see soon...
hi!
sometimes it takes a long time to ask for assistance in xbox in the chat, I also had problems and I communicate with them and they are the ones who help me or advise me. If you wait for someone to review the forum they will be delayed. direct to the xbox chat!
  • (╹◡╹)凸
good luck !! I hope you help. If you do not tell me and I'll help you find a solution.
well, if you want...
Quote:
Shadow Spadasin
Hi!
Yes, i too love halo reach and fell it's really fun..
DAIGOO 117 wrote:
hi!
sometimes it takes a long time to ask for assistance in xbox in the chat, I also had problems and I communicate with them and they are the ones who help me or advise me. If you wait for someone to review the forum they will be delayed. direct to the xbox chat!
  • (╹◡╹)凸
good luck !! I hope you help. If you do not tell me and I'll help you find a solution.
well, if you want...
Quote:
Shadow Spadasin
Hi!
Yes, i too love halo reach and fell it's really fun..
Hi!
Thanks for helping me! The xbox tchat? Do they have something to do with the waypoint forum? I know that i had the xbox assistance on the phone before for this problem, but the service was completely ignorant of what to do (the first time, they directed me to a website named halobi.com, who have nothing to do with microsoft or the halo franchise, and the second time when i spoke to them and told them that they directed me to the wrong website, they told me that they don't know the website of the editor, which i responded by telling them that it's a microsoft game, and that 343 industries is now in charge of the franchise, which again they didn't know...).
If you can help, then don't hesitate ^_^ you're more than welcome!
I hope that some administrators come by and see, but i don't know how long it will take...
Quote:
Shadow Spadasin
Hi!
Thanks for helping me! The xbox tchat? Do they have something to do with the waypoint forum? I know that i had the xbox assistance on the phone before for this problem, but the service was completely ignorant of what to do (the first time, they directed me to a website named
Hello! It has nothing to do with any external forum that is something that belongs to them because it is a system failure. I have a problem that does not let me play with others and it is their responsibility that does not always help sometimes depends on who you are with. comuniques there are some who do not know anything and are worse than me I try and deal with several not only with one even think that I am a bit annoying. let me investigate you a little ...
╰(✿´⌣`✿)╯♡キス
Could be just bad luck?
Could be just bad luck?
That's what my wife always tell me, that i have bad luck (and bring bad luck to her too)!
I really hope that this will be resolved soon...
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 309
  4. 310
  5. 311
  6. 312
  7. ...
  8. 313