Why Did I Get Banned - The Official Thread

OP Total Sellout

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 311
  4. 312
  5. ...
  6. 313
This is helpful, even though I’m not banned lol it helps me understand why though.
i never knew it was so easy to get banned, not that i have been, but wow.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I had changed my GT name from "xXrKx Eyeone" to THEBASEDMARTYR and I've been banned since 2010. I know this is a long shot, but I was banned for profile modification. I set the Bungie.net logo as my service tag, and also used "Ultra White" which was not in the game at all. This was 8 years ago, and I was a completely different person back then and I was also a younger kid. It's been 8 years and I still always think about Halo: Reach. I booted it up on my new Xbox One X today and saw I was still banned. I know I don't deserve a second chance, but I never used the Bungie.Net tag to harm people or try to scam anyone...it was simply just for looks. It would really be awesome if I could end up playing Reach again, but I totally understand if I don't deserve a second chance.
I had changed my GT name from "xXrKx Eyeone" to THEBASEDMARTYR and I've been banned since 2010. I know this is a long shot, but I was banned for profile modification. I set the Bungie.net logo as my service tag, and also used "Ultra White" which was not in the game at all. This was 8 years ago, and I was a completely different person back then and I was also a younger kid. It's been 8 years and I still always think about Halo: Reach. I booted it up on my new Xbox One X today and saw I was still banned. I know I don't deserve a second chance, but I never used the Bungie.Net tag to harm people or try to scam anyone...it was simply just for looks. It would really be awesome if I could end up playing Reach again, but I totally understand if I don't deserve a second chance.
Good afternoon.

To start out, changing your Xbox LIVE username will not clear a game ban as the ban is profile ID based, not profile name based, meaning, no matter how many times you change your name, your profile ID will remain the same, and the game will treat it as it has still.

Also, utilizing mods is considered a form of cheating, which 343 Industries and Bungie are clearly against (As they did not diliberately enable cheats or mod support), so it violated Xbox LIVE Code of Conduct, hence your game ban, and due to LIVE Code of Conduct being violated, your ban is not reversible. Xbox LIVE Code of Conduct and Terms of Use are binding agreements you agreed to upon creating your Xbox LIVE account (Otherwise, you have never played online with your LIVE account), hence you are held to those binding agreements and since you violated them, you accept the consequences of that, which in this case is a game ban. I would strongly suggest you read through Code of Conduct and Terms of Use to prevent any future bans.

The Bungie nameplate was not available in 2010 to people outside of Bungie either. So basically you recieved an ingame ban for the following:
  • Using ill-legitimate methods to gain access to Premium In-Game Content.
  • Modding/Cheating in a Game where the developer did not deliberately enable it.
  • Impersonating a Bungie Employee (The second you slapped on that nameplate without Bungie's Consent would have them perceive this of you regardless of what you did afterwards. Bungie Day 2011, which was July 7, 2011 was a unique case as Bungie handed out the Eternal Armor Effect and the Bungie Nameplate as a parting gift, and being done through the now non-existant Link page to link a player's LIVE Profile for Halo to Bungie.net was the only legitimate way to get the nameplate and armor effect without the banhammer striking)
You can have a second chance, but that would have to be on a new Xbox LIVE Profile, where you start off from square one again, as the game ban on your current account is permanent. Hope this helps and have a nice day now.
I appreciate the response, and I was in no way trying to circumvent the ban by changing my gamertag. I'll definitely be getting back with a different profile, thanks for the information.
Spoiler:
Show
Damn I hope I don’t get banned
Sportsmanship is paramount. This stuff is scary, and rightly should be!
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 311
  4. 312
  5. ...
  6. 313