1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 313
  4. 314
  5. ...
  6. 315
cool i have -Yoink- internet
never been banned thankfully!
I fired up reach on my friends xbox one a bit ago and I said I was banned from matchmaking but I relaunched the game and it didn't say it anymore and let me play. Had a small panic attack.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Quote:
I havent been banned or anything..just a question though. What justifies a ban in halo reach?
The obvious things such as modding/ cheating in any way, as well as afk'ing (not playing in a match), getting zero kills (because the banhammer thinks you are afk), resetting challenges, and some other things.

There are also quit bans, in which case you can't rejoin matchmaking for a short period of time, and voice bans, which automatically mute you (although you can be un-muted).
What about if i'm just very bad at the game. theres a possibility of a no kill game if you suck.
Quote:
I havent been banned or anything..just a question though. What justifies a ban in halo reach?
The obvious things such as modding/ cheating in any way, as well as afk'ing (not playing in a match), getting zero kills (because the banhammer thinks you are afk), resetting challenges, and some other things.

There are also quit bans, in which case you can't rejoin matchmaking for a short period of time, and voice bans, which automatically mute you (although you can be un-muted).
What about if i'm just very bad at the game. theres a possibility of a no kill game if you suck.
Unfortunately due to the way that Bungie made the Banhammer for Halo 3 and Halo Reach, 0 kills in a game is treated as a Did Not Finish/DNF and counts against you. This was done to prevent people from AFC/AFK/idling in a game to boost cR/EXP from doing nothing, which also took away from the team the AFKer were on being down a person and giving the enemy team free kills. This does however punish players whose skill isn't that great and can't really get any kills at all as the banhammer treats them the same as it cannot distinguish between an AFKer and a player who has terrible skill.
Bellsten wrote:
Quote:
Well 343i aka OP posted some rules these down here are taken from Bungies matchmaking rules and i assume 343i have the same, or even a bit stricter rules

*Types of violation include, but are not limited to, the following example actions:

*Manipulating network conditions to give yourself an advantage, or to the detriment of the experience for other players.

*Modifying your Xbox 360 hardware or Bungie software and services in any way.

*Skill, EXP, or Credit Boosting, deleveling, idling through games, cheating, habitual quitting or any other type of unsociable and unsportsmanlike behavior.

*Impersonating a Bungie, 343i employee on Xbox LIVE with intent to defraud or cause harm to other players.

Now there is allso a rule where boosting kills against AFK/Idle guest's can get you cR banned.
Sadly many are going around the banhammer by getting 1-4 kills with the AFK guest, while the main player gets 200-400 kills
Wow this post is old but ow well let see if ya still active
in that message it said something about exp/ credit boosting bla bla unsportsmanlike behavior . i remeber a glitch were if u unplug your ethernet cable u could still get the weekly bounty credits and not use up it charge. so u could complete 1 weekly bounty like 10 times a week.
As long as this dose not hurt your fellow gamers and u do it would u still get the ban hammer?
Bellsten wrote:
Quote:
Well 343i aka OP posted some rules these down here are taken from Bungies matchmaking rules and i assume 343i have the same, or even a bit stricter rules

*Types of violation include, but are not limited to, the following example actions:

*Manipulating network conditions to give yourself an advantage, or to the detriment of the experience for other players.

*Modifying your Xbox 360 hardware or Bungie software and services in any way.

*Skill, EXP, or Credit Boosting, deleveling, idling through games, cheating, habitual quitting or any other type of unsociable and unsportsmanlike behavior.

*Impersonating a Bungie, 343i employee on Xbox LIVE with intent to defraud or cause harm to other players.

Now there is allso a rule where boosting kills against AFK/Idle guest's can get you cR banned.
Sadly many are going around the banhammer by getting 1-4 kills with the AFK guest, while the main player gets 200-400 kills
Wow this post is old but ow well let see if ya still active
in that message it said something about exp/ credit boosting bla bla unsportsmanlike behavior . i remeber a glitch were if u unplug your ethernet cable u could still get the weekly bounty credits and not use up it charge. so u could complete 1 weekly bounty like 10 times a week.
As long as this dose not hurt your fellow gamers and u do it would u still get the ban hammer?
Yes you can be banned for it, as it is Network Manipulation as well as a form of Boosting (Which is Cheating). Essentially it is using an exploit/method for ingame personal gain that is either not possible at all through normal legitimate gameplay as intended by the developer, so it does hurt other gamers. The banhammer can detect this, and can issue a ban, so I wouldn't recommend doing it.
Not looking to reverse ban or anything, just curious as to what I did (this was basically like 6 years ago since I last played reach). I popped in my disc of halo reach recently on my xbox one (decided to play because of the upcoming hype of the remaster of it) when it loaded up it said "this account has been permanently banned from Reach matchmaking." Now obviously I must've done something wrong because the banhammer is almost never wrong. So I hopped on here to view my service record for reach to see what I did, but it says no data found or something along those lines. Meaning I haven't played it? I'm just confused, I'd just like to know why I got banned tbh. I must be having a brain fart or something because I honestly can't remember. Also hoping this ban won't carry over to the remaster because I'm really looking forward to it! Thanks to anyone who can provide info to me.
Azuma wrote:
Not looking to reverse ban or anything, just curious as to what I did (this was basically like 6 years ago since I last played reach). I popped in my disc of halo reach recently on my xbox one (decided to play because of the upcoming hype of the remaster of it) when it loaded up it said "this account has been permanently banned from Reach matchmaking." Now obviously I must've done something wrong because the banhammer is almost never wrong. So I hopped on here to view my service record for reach to see what I did, but it says no data found or something along those lines. Meaning I haven't played it? I'm just confused, I'd just like to know why I got banned tbh. I must be having a brain fart or something because I honestly can't remember. Also hoping this ban won't carry over to the remaster because I'm really looking forward to it! Thanks to anyone who can provide info to me.
just make a new account and you are good for sure. no reason to let an old gamertag hold you back from enjoying a game
Hello there I have a question me and 2 buddies were playing halo 3 and we bump into a moder we lost of course but after the match all our xp was reset and now we can't rank up is it possible to reverse this I'm also waiting on xbox support to I saved the guys name I hope he gets banned cheating is bad enough but missing with other people's rank what a troll
Were you cheating or looked like you were?
Hello there I have a question me and 2 buddies were playing halo 3 and we bump into a moder we lost of course but after the match all our xp was reset and now we can't rank up is it possible to reverse this I'm also waiting on xbox support to I saved the guys name I hope he gets banned cheating is bad enough but missing with other people's rank what a troll
I think you are supposed to leave a game as soon as you know another player is modding....so if you finished the game it could be a problem??? Im asking, really i have no idea. just speculating.
ENDLY WOLF wrote:
Were you cheating or looked like you were?
Nope no cheating on our part especially cause we got our butt beat 50 to 5
HC SOlO wrote:
I think you are supposed to leave a game as soon as you know another player is modding....so if you finished the game it could be a problem??? Im asking, really i have no idea. just speculating.
Dam we didn't know we didn't quit because we don't like quiting but dam it still sucks
HC SOlO wrote:
Dam we didn't know we didn't quit because we don't like quiting but dam it still sucks
From the Xbox LIVE Code of Conduct page:

Don’t cheat or tamper. For example, don't:
  • Intentionally play with someone who is using unauthorized software or methods
@L0RDHELLKNIGHT Out of curiosity, did you read through Code of Conduct and Terms of Use when you created your Xbox LIVE account, those two things you agreed to and is a binding contract to use LIVE services? When you come across a modder on a game platform where the developer did not intentionally enable cheats, you are supposed to leave the game. Staying in the game with them can have negative effects, especially if they were running an infected lobby that would modify or lock/unlock stats and can be a bannable offense if changes are made from them to any aspect of your Xbox LIVE account.

I'm not saying it is certain, but there is a chance that he was running an infected lobby and locked your stats due to playing the game through. Only way to know is to keep playing, but for future reference, leave the game if you come across modders to prevent a game title or Xbox LIVE ban. If your stats are locked, it won't be reversible due to the violation of LIVE's Code of Conduct.

@HC SOlO Yes, you are correct, you are supposed to leave the game in Halo titles if you come across a modder to prevent modification to your account from infected lobbies, risking potential bans in the process.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
HC SOlO wrote:
From the Xbox LIVE Code of Conduct page:

Don’t cheat or tamper. For example, don't:
  • Intentionally play with someone who is using unauthorized software or methods
@L0RDHELLKNIGHT Out of curiosity, did you read through Code of Conduct and Terms of Use when you created your Xbox LIVE account, those two things you agreed to and is a binding contract to use LIVE services? When you come across a modder on a game platform where the developer did not intentionally enable cheats, you are supposed to leave the game. Staying in the game with them can have negative effects, especially if they were running an infected lobby that would modify or lock/unlock stats and can be a bannable offense if changes are made from them to any aspect of your Xbox LIVE account.

I'm not saying it is certain, but there is a chance that he was running an infected lobby and locked your stats due to playing the game through. Only way to know is to keep playing, but for future reference, leave the game if you come across modders to prevent a game title or Xbox LIVE ban. If your stats are locked, it won't be reversible due to the violation of LIVE's Code of Conduct.

@HC SOlO Yes, you are correct, you are supposed to leave the game in Halo titles if you come across a modder to prevent modification to your account from infected lobbies, risking potential bans in the process.
It's been a real while since I read them but yes I did but I'm used to bumpping into modders on halo reach and nothing ever happened so we didn't thing of it and it was a rnaked team slayer match
Did you change the name of your account, or are using a different account? As it stands right now, it states that the account you are using here on Halo: Waypoint has not played Halo: Reach yet. So from the way it sounds though is that you joined an Infected/Modded Lobby and played a game through completely, which would allow the change to take place that would max out your rank ill-legitimately and hence cause the automated banhammer to trigger soon thereafter. Due to a mod making a change on your account, the account and console ban on Halo: Reach cannot be reversed due to it violating Xbox LIVE Code of Conduct.

If you want to play Halo: Reach still, either you will have to create a new LIVE account and License Transfer your owned content from the old account to the new account; or wait for Halo: Reach to be added to the Master Chief Collection (If it hasn't already been added).
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 313
  4. 314
  5. ...
  6. 315