Forums / Games / Halo: Reach and Legacy Halo

Why Do People Hate Halo 3 ODST?

OP Sokol Reborn

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I loved ODST so much. It was the most underrated Halo game but the price still hurted ut.
Back in the day it was hated
Mainly because it was 60 dollars when it probably should have been 30-40 dollars
But the story and gameplay was fun so most people forgave it.
Back in the day it was hated
Mainly because it was 60 dollars when it probably should have been 30-40 dollars
But the story and gameplay was fun so most people forgave it.
That's it, and now a days it's like 5$ in the MCC. Although it was way worth the 60$ back then, just because it's not a master chief game doesn't mean it didn't take time and effort to make. Also ODST are huge in the Halo universe and that game was a great way to show off some of their story.
Most commonly, I’ve heard

”iT iSn’T hAlO wItHoUt ChIeF!!!!!!!!!!11111”

Using that logic, I can say this:

Sorry, Contact Harvest, Forerunner saga, Halo Wars, Halo Reach, Ghosts of Onyx, Kilo 5 Trilogy and almost other books. You aren’t real Halo.

I loved ODST. And Reach. People treat Halo as Chief’s story when, until Halo 4, it really hasn’t been.

Sorry, Contact Harvest, Forerunner saga, Halo Wars, Halo Reach, Ghosts of Onyx, Kilo 5 Trilogy and almost other books. You aren’t real Halo.

I loved ODST. And Reach. People treat Halo as Chief’s story when, until Halo 4, it really hasn’t been.
From the beginning I think Bungie's plan was to not make the series exclusively Master Chief-centric. There were the same complaints about playing as the Arbiter in Halo 2.

From the beginning I think Bungie's plan was to not make the series exclusively Master Chief-centric. There were the same complaints about playing as the Arbiter in Halo 2.
Yet, now its one of the best stories in the playable Halos (in my opinion). I do find it funny how games start out as “oh this sucks” to “wow those were the good ole days” like Reach and ODST. Though I always thought they were fantastic games.

Yet, now its one of the best stories in the playable Halos (in my opinion). I do find it funny how games start out as “oh this sucks” to “wow those were the good ole days” like Reach and ODST. Though I always thought they were fantastic games.
I remember just nodding in agreement at that at first with Reach, but that’s mostly because I was a kid and just wanted friends.
I like it too.
I don't think people hate ODST, but I do think it's vastly underrated.
I really haven't heard too much criticism about the game itself. But, I have heard complaints that it was not worthy of being sold as a full-priced game. I personally loved every second of it. The game was an interesting take on a different type of soldier fighting the same war. I get the arguments about it costing more than it should have, but I am neutral on those. I agree with the points you made, OP.
Idk where you're seeing the hate,I rarely see true hate for odst.It was disappointing for 3 reasons

1.60 dollars for a game that should have been a 30 to 40 dollar expansion

2.Very short campaign

3.no multiplayer pvp
1.) yeah, should've been cheaper
2.) it had 8 missions, as well as playing through the streets. H4 only had 8 missions.
3.) agreed - although this wouldn't have been a problem if the game were cheaper. I think trying to make a balanced pvp was just too much to ask.
ODST is hands down an awesome game but in my opinion it just isn’t as replay-able! But, without a doubt I am not opposed to another ODST game. I’ve always loved the thought of them and their idea is insane. It’s good stuff!!
I really enjoyed the game myself, but I thought the "stamina" shield system was a bit odd. In ODST you could take more fire as a human than the master chief could in halo 3. When I first started the game I thought we only had a health bar. It took me a while to figure out what was going on with the "stamina" system.
It was a very short campaign, I completed the game on legendary in less then 3 hours but things I love about Halo 3 ODST is that we’re introduced with calm gameplay and the story line of ODST has nothing to do with the franchise but I like the concept of you being to play on earth and we’re not really focusing on “saving the world” but it was also nice to play as an ODST, knowing that your not invincible like the Master Chief and that’s what I love about it. I see where people could come from hating this game. It was never part of the Halo story line and not continuing the Master Chiefs journey and when making ODST, they could’ve took the time to make this game and used it back then to improve Halo 4 after 343 took over
I don't understand how sentiment changes retroactively. Halo 3 ODST was successful, got positive reviews....where in the world are you getting "people hate it?
I personally loved odst, it followed a different story than other halo games, it gave us a chance to see halo in a different veiwpoint as an odst and not a Spartan which was pretty cool.
People don’t hate on 3:ODST, at least far as I know, I mean maybe when it was released cause it was expensive, but I dunno the soundtrack is many’s favorites and going back to more CE style gameplay I’m sure pleased many.
Halo 4 : Am I a joke to you?

But I do think that both games are underrated
ODST is my fave halo Campaign. It's the first I soloed legendary and I just finished soloing it again tonight. The missions are tight and solid, NMPD HQ is my hands down favourite Halo mission to the point it's one of the few that I can run deathless legendary. I don't understand how anyone could hate it other than the aforementioned issues of price point at release and "hurr durr no chef."
I can't say I've ever met anyone who genuinely hates ODST. Personally, I like how different it feels. It's really refreshing and gives you a nice break from the generic Spartan stuff.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3