good story
revolutionary new forge
innovative gameplay
was fun (and still is)
armor abilities changed the way we play
sprint (much needed)
assassinations
solid multiplayer

If anything COD sucks. All it is is just a 7 year old pile of crap with a new turd coming out by IW or Treyarch every year. Just another stupid campaign and maybe a couple of new playlists or game modes. The engine is old.

There is nothing wrong with reach
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.
Prepare the firetruck for the bloom/AA haters

Many people hate bloom because it provides a random element to the game where the outcome of a battle is won by luck and not by skill. Many people hate AAs such as Armor lock and jet pack because they either slow down gameplay, allow players to avoid death when they should have died, break map control, allow for unfair height advantages, or are just plain annoying.
honestly I barely even noticed bloom and the AA were new and bungie was being creative and added some new features but if you want the "classic" halo experience the just play anniversary classic.
Quote:
And please, if you have nothing to add to the discussion, please dont post, especially calling someone else a fool. Answer his question or explain your reasoning please. Also, whether or not reach has solid multiplayer is an OPINION.
Quote:
Care to actually add something constructive? I'm sure you're bound to win court cases and debates with that sort of argument.

"My orange juice is amazing"

"Ha...you fool!"

Totally winning.

If people didn't like Reach, then they didn't. Everyone sees and approaches things differently. Not everything strikes everyone as the same quality. What is sad are people who have NO argument or the ones that think that since they paid for the product, they should be on the developmental team.

Then again, I'd probably be much happier living in a fantasy world as well.
Quote:
honestly I barely even noticed bloom and the AA were new and bungie was being creative and added some new features but if you want the "classic" halo experience the just play anniversary classic.
But see, the argument is that normal reach multiplayer should not have luck based elements, such as bloom. People hate bloom because it was originally designed to try to force people to pace shots, but it did not work out as planned. If two people go at each other with DMR's and are equal in all regards, and they both spam the trigger, the outcome of the battle will be determined by luck, not skill. But say one person was to pace their shots instead, and the other was to spam. Bloom was supposed to work out so the pacer always won, but there is the chance, however small that the random bullets in a full spammed DMR will all hit their target and get the kill first, even though the other person did what they were supposed to do. That is the element of luck that so many people despise about bloom.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I don't get it. It had
good story
revolutionary new forge
innovative gameplay
was fun (and still is)
sprint (much needed)
assassinations
solid multiplayer

If anything COD sucks. All it is is just a 7 year old pile of crap with a new turd coming out by IW or Treyarch every year. Just another stupid campaign and maybe a couple of new playlists or game modes. The engine is old.

And please, if you have nothing to add to the discussion, please dont post, especially calling someone else a fool. Answer his question or explain your reasoning please. Also, whether or not reach has solid multiplayer is an OPINION.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.
Then I must be very lucky because my bullets hit where my reticule is 99% of the time
It honestly didn't completely suck, yeah, multiplayer among other things was lacking a lot, but there are still a multitude of things that were done right. Like forge, menu setup, armory organization, commendations, firefight matchmaking, file browser, graphics and more I can't exactly think of right now.
My guess is that very vocal MLG players are "less then pleased" with the game, so they share their view.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not spam the forums.
Quote:
Then I must be very lucky because my bullets hit where my reticule is 99% of the time
Its when the reticule does not completely cover the person, yet the bullets still randomly hit the enemy thats the problem.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[quote]I don't get it. It had
good story
revolutionary new forge
innovative gameplay
was fun (and still is)
sprint (much needed)
assassinations
solid multiplayer

I think Ill take the higher road and watch you enjoy your ban :)

And lets keep this on topic so this thread doesnt get locked.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[quote]I don't get it. It had
good story
revolutionary new forge
innovative gameplay
was fun (and still is)
sprint (much needed)
assassinations
solid multiplayer

Knock it off please.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
Can we please just get back on topic
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I don't get it. It had
good story
revolutionary new forge
innovative gameplay
was fun (and still is)
sprint (much needed)
assassinations
solid multiplayer

Knock it off please.
I don't care. I'm finishing it, it ends now.
Quote:
I don't get it. It had
good story
revolutionary new forge
innovative gameplay
was fun (and still is)
sprint (much needed)
assassinations
solid multiplayer

you're reasoning would be correct if these those things actually worked well.

reach is a funny game, it struggles with AA's and sucks without them, it's a hard game to actually balance out because of how poorly the mechanics where implemented, even though they are as intended they are just done poorly.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7