Forums / Games / Halo: Reach

Why do you enjoy Reach so much?

OP EjectedCasings

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
As for me, Reach has been my favorite halo game, followed closely by Halo 3. The reason why I like it so much is that... it's different. Instead of running around blasting aliens as Master Chief, we actually get to see other spartans for a change. It introduced a spartan team (however useless they may be in the campaign missions). It showed us that for the first time, spartans can die. It brought in a new character that (in some aspects) could be whoever you wanted them to be. Overall, a great game in my book. But maybe you like it for different reasons, or don't like it at all! Share with me below!
As for me, Reach has been my favorite halo game, followed closely by Halo 3. The reason why I like it so much is that... it's different. Instead of running around blasting aliens as Master Chief, we actually get to see other spartans for a change. It introduced a spartan team (however useless they may be in the campaign missions). It showed us that for the first time, spartans can die. It brought in a new character that (in some aspects) could be whoever you wanted them to be. Overall, a great game in my book. But maybe you like it for different reasons, or don't like it at all! Share with me below!
Armor customization, encouragement of diverse tactics due to the many armor abilities, etc.
I liked it also cuz of the campaign, but mostly matchmaking. Either BTB, living dead, swat, or even custom games was fun. Now there’s not many that I find doing the fun things, only limited
Reach was my first Halo game ever played and owned. I liked it because of the campaign, living dead, invasion, BTB, grifball(when you could play legitimate games), swat, and customs with friends. I later learned to love slayer, team snipers, rumble pit, team objective and multi team. I though every Halo game moving forward would have the same customization system *sigh. Anyways I must've brought at least 10 of my friends and family into the game which brought them into Halo 3 and 4(I'm the only one who has Halo 5 or any other title). It was my first Halo game so I didn't mind bloom or load outs until later(I came from COD, yes I'm a sinner). And to this day every time there is a family reunion or some friends come over the only game we play is Halo Reach. No other Halo(well occasionally Halo 3 customs).
A for me, I never really got to play multiplayer due to the fact that I never got Xbox Live Gold, but I did enjoy messing around in Forge.
How they had the zombies implemented into the game was seriously the best. Me and my friends would play for hours in that play list.
Halo Reach never was my favorite Halo game and to be honest, its not even in my top 3. Always though the campaign was kinda "meh" but still enjoyable. Halo Reach was not the first Halo i played either, in fact it was my 5th. But Halo Reach was the first Halo Game that i played online multiplayer in. Before that i always used to invite friends and we played Co-op and Split screen but when i got Reach I also got Xbox live gold. I play still play Reach today (probably not as much as I should) but i still think its a fun game that is worth playing.
Halo Reach was my first game on my xbox, to say I have biased nostalgia for this game wouldn’t even begin to describe how much I love this game. The weapons felt more realistic and fun to use, the covenant designs and depiction was fantastic, the use of a determinable protagonist was a genius way to truly utilize the customization, the graphics, the machinimas, forge and customs, soooooo much about this game was just amazing.
My best and most fun experiences are playing with my brothers, my dad, my cousins, and doing that in offline and online custom games. I have some of the best memories playing this game.

The Campaign was awesome too.
How many times have people asked this question in all honesty up here? I could have sworn I have seen similar versions of this exact question up here multiple times before. Regardless...Reach is one of my favorite games in the franchise. It was the first one that really showed that Spartans weren't so invincible and emotionless as the series likes to make people think. Deep down under all the high tech armor and genetic modifications, they are still just people. The campaign was amazing. Deep emotional moments matched with an almost perfect musical score to boot. When things looked grim, it truly made it feel like all hope was gone and the battle lost.

As for the multiplayer, it is still one of my favorites to play...though in all the Halo series, I mainly play SWAT mostly. But it was still an amazing PvP setting none-the-less.
It has to be the story, nothing better than a prequal to explain what happened and there is something about a doomed mission that makes it great!
Alcastar wrote:
It has to be the story, nothing better than a prequal to explain what happened and there is something about a doomed mission that makes it great!
The only prequels that are trash are the Clone Wars
Alcastar wrote:
The only prequels that are trash are the Clone Wars
As in star wars? Couldn't agree more!
Plain and simple: the invasion gametype.

Other than that that I enjoy the fact that when you use the elite leap skill and you hit a rock just right you can fling yourself extra distances
Simple, for the MP.
I love spartan threes, I love Noble team I love the armor, I love art style, I love the fact the covenant felt like a legit threat again, I just loved everthing about reach!!

I mean the multiplayer was broken but who cares Kat had a robot arm
It's the last Bungie game, that's why I play it still. Never did like anything 343I put out even after investing about 50 hrs or thereabouts in each
Great story, memorable characters, Firefight 2.0, the most customizable multiplayer and Firefight modes AND the best armor customization system we've seen in the history of the Halo franchise, being able to play as my custom Spartan in the campaign and carry him seamlessly between campaign, Firefight, and multiplayer... this game just has so many good things going for it. I hope that in making Halo: Infinite, 343 Industries pays close attention to Halo: Reach and everything it did right.

To me, Halo: Reach will always be the last great Halo from the people who created Halo. Nothing 343i has produced since Reach has come even close to topping this masterpiece. Halo 3 has the best multiplayer... but Halo: Reach is the best Halo game.

Also, the art style is the pinnacle of Halo. Everything from the Spartans, to the Elites, the Marines, vehicles, weapons, environments... everything looks (and sounds) perfect.
I love reach because of the advanced game mechanics that sets it apart from its predecessors.
My answer is super simple...it was different..squad versus “lone wolf” and the custom options were sweet.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2