2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Axo wrote:
Axo wrote:
dderby22 wrote:
-snip-
-snip-
Regardless of whether or not making your visor red goes against the Xbox Code of Conduct, the fact remains that Microsoft will detect those with modded consoles themselves and do what they feel is necessary. Getting someone banned even faster for making a slim strip on their character's face red when there are those modding to gain competitive advantages is not only a waste of your time but also a sleazy move.
-snip-
It's sleazy because you intend on getting someone locked out of a multi-hundred dollar device they paid for because they modified that device to make a strip on their character's face a different color. They're, statistically, going to be locked out of it regardless if they connect the device to Xbox Live so you get your petty jealousy-induced revenge that way, but because you personally haven't taken the time to learn how to modify that device you wish to potentially get that person permanently IP banned.

They have something you desire - not something that makes them play better than you - and you don't like that. You want that red strip and will throw a tantrum if you can't get it. You just admitted to that on a few occasions.

I've never modified a console myself, but that doesn't mean others shouldn't be allowed to do something that's ultimately harmless to those above the age of twelve. Report those who use aimbots etc., but don't cry because someone made the lens on a DMR scope a slightly different color.
When I used to play Halo 4 and see people running around with said premium content, I would leave the game so I wasn't 'intentionally playing with others using ill-legit methods' by Code of Conduct standards. Heck, Community Engineer Cizlin and I even found out one of our friends modded to get the BR Blast and we cut connections with him to prevent a ban on our behalf once we found out. This is why I push the issue, is because to prevent a ban on my behalf via 'intentionally playing with others using ill-legit methods', I have to up and go the second we see this in a game, and that is the issue it poses, and really it would be silly that I would have to keep an eye out for a player with a red visor or beta armor just so I can up and go to prevent that.

It's not about not having it, and I do apologize for the misunderstanding on that. I just feel some players mod to have it to pretty much shove it in other player's faces and that is a middle finger to me. Yes, I am one of the older Halo Photographers as well, as you can tell by my medals here on Waypoint, and the idea of having more content for screenshot purposes sounds nice, but not if it risks a ban. Personally, I love my blue visors more than any other variant as well. My stats here on Waypoint should show my Spartan with said visor for Halo: Reach, Halo 4, and Halo 5:Guardians, unless it's glitched.

It's not jealously or about throwing tantrums, just protecting my account, because I don't want to risk a ban just because some other person modded and I happened to be in a game with them and I didn't notice their mod. That is why I report when I see this type of stuff. That should be understandable.
i hope this is a joke,
either way you wont get banned in halo 1-4 since 343 dont care about those games and have an anything goes attitude.
you will get console banned but 343 just ignore modders/cheaters/boosters and glitchers.
You will never get banned for playing with a modder,the only things you will get banned on xbl for is toxic messages and modding on your account.
Right from the Xbox LIVE Code of Conduct Page (Click Meh!)

Don’t cheat or tamper. For example, don't:
  • Use unauthorized hardware or software
  • Exploit game vulnerabilities or glitches
  • Make unauthorized modifications to your account profile or its contents (e.g., tenure, Avatar, game saves, Gamerscore, achievements)
  • Intentionally play with someone who is using unauthorized software or methods
So no, this is not a joke, it's a part of Code of Conduct. Also as I just mentioned above, Infected Lobbies are good examples of the past where the automated banhammer struck multiple players in it, even those who popped in by accident and had the change done to their game profile from the infected lobby.
code of conduct is 90% just filler, only 10% will get you banned.
first time i was ever infected was 2008 on cod 5, that acc is still fine a decade later, i challenge you to find the source of that infected lobby thing
Click Meh! This includes input from a Waypoint Mod, stckrboy
Axo wrote:
Axo wrote:
dderby22 wrote:
-snip-
-snip-
Regardless of whether or not making your visor red goes against the Xbox Code of Conduct, the fact remains that Microsoft will detect those with modded consoles themselves and do what they feel is necessary. Getting someone banned even faster for making a slim strip on their character's face red when there are those modding to gain competitive advantages is not only a waste of your time but also a sleazy move.
-snip-
It's sleazy because you intend on getting someone locked out of a multi-hundred dollar device they paid for because they modified that device to make a strip on their character's face a different color. They're, statistically, going to be locked out of it regardless if they connect the device to Xbox Live so you get your petty jealousy-induced revenge that way, but because you personally haven't taken the time to learn how to modify that device you wish to potentially get that person permanently IP banned.

They have something you desire - not something that makes them play better than you - and you don't like that. You want that red strip and will throw a tantrum if you can't get it. You just admitted to that on a few occasions.

I've never modified a console myself, but that doesn't mean others shouldn't be allowed to do something that's ultimately harmless to those above the age of twelve. Report those who use aimbots etc., but don't cry because someone made the lens on a DMR scope a slightly different color.
When I used to play Halo 4 and see people running around with said premium content, I would leave the game so I wasn't 'intentionally playing with others using ill-legit methods' by Code of Conduct standards. Heck, Community Engineer Cizlin and I even found out one of our friends modded to get the BR Blast and we cut connections with him to prevent a ban on our behalf once we found out. This is why I push the issue, is because to prevent a ban on my behalf via 'intentionally playing with others using ill-legit methods', I have to up and go the second we see this in a game, and that is the issue it poses, and really it would be silly that I would have to keep an eye out for a player with a red visor or beta armor just so I can up and go to prevent that.

It's not about not having it, and I do apologize for the misunderstanding on that. I just feel some players mod to have it to pretty much shove it in other player's faces and that is a middle finger to me. Yes, I am one of the older Halo Photographers as well, as you can tell by my medals here on Waypoint, and the idea of having more content for screenshot purposes sounds nice, but not if it risks a ban. Personally, I love my blue visors more than any other variant as well. My stats here on Waypoint should show my Spartan with said visor for Halo: Reach, Halo 4, and Halo 5:Guardians, unless it's glitched.

It's not jealously or about throwing tantrums, just protecting my account, because I don't want to risk a ban just because some other person modded and I happened to be in a game with them and I didn't notice their mod. That is why I report when I see this type of stuff. That should be understandable.
i hope this is a joke,
either way you wont get banned in halo 1-4 since 343 dont care about those games and have an anything goes attitude.
you will get console banned but 343 just ignore modders/cheaters/boosters and glitchers.
You will never get banned for playing with a modder,the only things you will get banned on xbl for is toxic messages and modding on your account.
Right from the Xbox LIVE Code of Conduct Page (Click Meh!)

Don’t cheat or tamper. For example, don't:
  • Use unauthorized hardware or software
  • Exploit game vulnerabilities or glitches
  • Make unauthorized modifications to your account profile or its contents (e.g., tenure, Avatar, game saves, Gamerscore, achievements)
  • Intentionally play with someone who is using unauthorized software or methods
So no, this is not a joke, it's a part of Code of Conduct. Also as I just mentioned above, Infected Lobbies are good examples of the past where the automated banhammer struck multiple players in it, even those who popped in by accident and had the change done to their game profile from the infected lobby.
code of conduct is 90% just filler, only 10% will get you banned.
first time i was ever infected was 2008 on cod 5, that acc is still fine a decade later, i challenge you to find the source of that infected lobby thing
Click Meh! This includes input from a Waypoint Mod, stckrboy
im sure a forum moderator has huge knowledge of an 8 year old bansystem developed by a company he has never interacted with.
You do realise they c+p responses to those types of questions,you wont get banned for playing with or in a modders game
Axo wrote:
im sure a forum moderator has huge knowledge of an 8 year old bansystem developed by a company he has never interacted with.
Not sure what you meant by this, but I was a member of Bungie.net long before I was a member here. I interacted with them plenty
Axo wrote:
you wont get banned for playing with or in a modders game
You will though, Xbox Live Enforcement do ban accounts for knowingly playing games with users who have modded their console, game or profile
dderby22 wrote:
-snip-
More likely than not it is cut content, just like the GRD helmet that was supposed to come with the Defiant Map Pack (But was cut due to time constraints), as well as three chestplate armor variants that were in the Halo: Reach Beta and despite still being in the game code were never added to the main game for unknown reasons.

Also people doing what you described to gain access to what is known as 'Premium Content' are violating Live Code of Conduct and Terms of Use. I would recommend you not go down that route, and if you see anybody with said red visor in matchmaking, report them for modding.
OK so this put a big understanding on the fact on why you cant get the red visor i just wish they added it into the game for spartan customization. thank you for all your information. :)
I'd love the red visor to be included in the game as much as the next person, but what I would prefer tbh is that all exclusive content to be released to everyone as the game is now 8 years old and I see no benefit to keeping it exclusive anymore. I can think of other games that have done that and I'm all for it after enough time has passed. You don't have to agree with me but it's something that may attract a few more players back also if this happened. Sorry to go slightly off topic.
ITS fine man and i totally agree we should get this content but there most likely not going to add this content due to the fact of not only how old the game is but that 343 like most people said don't care. Plus i wouldn't want them to mess with anything with reach since they made the memories of reach armor terrible i mean emiles knife isnt on the armor its on the shoulder pad and don't even get me started with carter.
I wish we could get the red visor.
That would be sick
That would be sick
yes it would
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2