Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

Why, Fully Automated, why!?

OP Scorpulus

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
It's not as easy as you think, what with people running DMR and Boltshot all the time. Get over it. The assault rifle is a good weapon anyway. Give it a chance.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
>Easiest to use.

You crack me up OP.
Hold R trigger. Ratatatatata kill. Have enough in clip to kill another.
Aim in the general direction of the enemies head. Mash the R trigger as your crosshair gravitates to their head. Be useful at every range instead of just close range. Brag about being skilled even though 90% of the community can use a DMR just fine with the ridiculous magnetism.

You guys and your elitism, it's pathetic. The precision weapons pretty much aim themselves.
Yes, because posting an opinion on a public forum that is different from yours is elitist.
Saying precision weapons are superior to and more skillful than automatics is.

Both are easy to aim, one is slightly harder to aim, the other requires more positioning ability.
I'd rather lose in a long ranged, strafing 1v1 between a BR/AR/Carbine/Light Rifle, than a close quarters, hold R trigger and mutually die scenario.
And yet it's funny how many ARvsAR battles I win because I do strafe and they w+m1 thinking they will win.

Precision weapons aren't -Yoinking!- hard. The whole community uses them. I am tired of this -Yoink- mentality that they are "pro" and automatics are "nooby". I can use both equally fine, and I have no issue with what my opponent uses either.

Don't believe me, my top tool of destruction is the light rifle.

You want to know hard? Swap your DMR out for a Suppressor. THAT is -Yoinking!- hard.
Ok so..what do you suppose they can do? I've never been killed by the AR at long range and it's very rare for that to happen in mid. I only find it useful at close range which is what it's supposed to be good at. The BR and DMR can be better if the player him/herself is better.
now is the assault riffle not to long ago was a chalkenge for a precission weapon it helps us use all weapons even if its.only for a challenge ur argument is invalid.
Sigh. I just want Team Snipers back so I don't have to put up with this bull. Then I'll shut my mouth. Until then, I'm -Yoinking!- about automatic weapons.
Most people that use the AR are not good lol. 95% of people that us it run straight at you holding in the trigger....that means your not good. The 5% that do use it well congrats I guess....but on pretty much all maps DMR and BR trump it
Having a challenge that promotes non-DMR styles of play? I'm definitely down for that!
Honestly, I really like the automatics in this game. They seem pretty balanced in terms of power per shot and range.

Now that I think about it, most of the weapons are actually pretty well balanced with the exception of the boltshot and DMR.... for obvious reasons.
Wait a minute, fully automated is getting kills with full autos in general. You can still use the Supressor, Storm Rifle, Needler, and SAW as well as the Assault Rifle! Why are you crying?!
Quote:
Why is this a challenge? It promotes the start, and use, of the Assault Rifle the entire game. Why even have this huge assortment of weapons and weapon types, when 343 promotes the use of the most annoying, easiest-to-use type? This may be one of the most frustrated days I've had in this game.
Personally, I believe your average player is good enough with a DMR or BR that it IS a challenge to do well with an Assault Rifle. :P
This topic is hilarious. "AR players are such noobs! How come they won't just run at me in the open while I DMR them from half a mile away?"

The AR is my main weapon, and I will keep devouring self proclaimed "elite" precision weapon users until they learn that the DMR and BR are not a close range weapons. As an AR user, I don't run out onto the middle hill on Ragnarok and complain when I get owned by a ranged weapon. Same as you shouldn't run into CQC and complain about getting owned by a close range weapon.

Good players are good. Bad players are bad. A good player is proficient with all weapons. A bad player is proficient with one and claims all others need to be nerfed. Go play for a week with the AR and let us know if you do better or worse with it than your usual kit. Im betting you'll be back in a week claiming "AR needs to be buffed!"
Quote:
Honestly, I really like the automatics in this game. They seem pretty balanced in terms of power per shot and range.

Now that I think about it, most of the weapons are actually pretty well balanced with the exception of the boltshot and DMR.... for obvious reasons.
Exactly. I feel that Halo 4 balances the weapons really well... well except the above sated.
Reading your topic heading made me think of the Grinch :D

Why are taking our Christmas tree? Why?
Quote:
Quote:
Hahaha

Wait...you're serious.

The AR is like the 4th or 3rd most used weapon in the game. 1st has to be the DMR and second the BR. The AR is SUPPOSED TO BE GOOD AT CLOSE RANGE. What? You're going to complain about the shotgun too because it can kill 1 spartan per shot? The sniper rifle for having the ability to 1 hit kill?
They require different strategies. The shotgun requires a player to lie in wait. People call is camping but it's a valid strategy for the type of weapon. The Sniper requires a person to sit back and pick people off, or go on a rampage if they can really be good with it. However, with the Assault Rifle, it's run around the map gobbling up as many kills as you can. Doesn't fit anywhere. Annoying. But that's my opinion. You can laugh at my opinion if you want I suppose. Don't think I'll take yours serious then.
Shotguns are for campers? Youve proved yourself an idiot. The AR has its niche. DMR is plain busted. And when someone is in your face with an AR you should lose that fight it's the purpose of the weapon. Close to mid range full auto monster. Learn how to play the game a little better and you might understand that the weapon is entirely fair unlike the Boltshot. And I can say that cause I use it.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2