Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

Why I hate the battle with Tarturus.

OP HamCon55

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I remember my first battle with him. He sure was a tough nut to crack. I think it took me a dozen retries to beat him.
The boss fight is so difficult on Legendary :(
HamCon55 wrote:
First you have to kill the four Brutes that is left behind, that is easy enough, but after you jump on the platform to attack, you can't, as you have to wait for Sergeant Johnson to shoot Tarturus with the Beam Rifle, which causes Tarturus's shield to disappear, but those shots can be blocked, so you have to hope that he is in an open area, then when the shield is down, you can attack. But being shot doesn't make him flinch, so if you go in for an attack with the Energy Sword, he can either kill you in one hit, or fling you off the map, also many weapons that would kill a Brute in one hit will not do the same, so you are head shotting him with a weapon that allows head shots, than the shield comes back up, and you ave to do it all over again, and he doesn't flinch once so you have no idea if you are even harming him.

Yeah, I hate this boss battle.
I liked this one better than the other two. The arena felt much more open than the other two areas you fought in. Regret was in a big room, and the heretic was in a smaller enclosed room.
I think it's a pretty easy boss, especially if you can pull off the johnson cloning glitch. All you need to do is run around, shoot Tartar Sauce with dual energy rifles once Johnson starts shooting. Repeat about 3 times, then it should be over.
If you bring a beam rifle you can take the shields down yourself.
Bringing your own beam rifle is the easiest solution. Other than that you have to get through the corridors without using or losing it. The boss battle with Tartarus was dumb, but beating up Regret was even dumber. How could a prophet survive 10+ spartan punches to the face? One punch should have done it. Or maybe John should've just used a knife to the throat. Or a sticky grenade to the face.
Bringing your own beam rifle is the easiest solution. Other than that you have to get through the corridors without using or losing it. The boss battle with Tartarus was dumb, but beating up Regret was even dumber. How could a prophet survive 10+ spartan punches to the face? One punch should have done it. Or maybe John should've just used a knife to the throat. Or a sticky grenade to the face.
Guess the prophets are really thick headed :D
If you get a banshee in the room with a really easy glitch, then it becomes much easier. Still not fun, but much easier.
I actually was ignorant to the fact Johnson shot Tartarus, I thought his shield went off and on periodically. I fought him on normal mode and it was pretty quick, I mainly went for the back.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2