Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

Why is Halo: Reach's Campaign SO AWESOME?!

OP The Act Man

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Halo: Reach has one of the more polarizing Campaigns in the First-Person-Shooter Genre, and especially within the Halo fanbase. But why do so many people hate and love Bungie's final installment in the Halo franchise? In this video, I go in-depth and address the criticisms of Reach's campaign and also talk about why I think the campaign is SO AWESOME!!!

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWIbtKXOGoc

Thoughts? Comments? Let me know what you think!
Hey ACT Man! didn't think I'd see you here. I saw your video on reaches campaign and I gotta say, I agree with everything you said. It just doesnt really make sense that pepole actually hate Noble team, they're everything we could ever want them to be. I can't wait for part 2 when it comes.
Ps. keep being AWESOME!
Excellent video. Excellent analysis.

From the launch of Reach till now, I simply couldn't understand the hate for its campaign. There seemed to be unanimous consensus online that Reach's campaign was unfavourable... to say the least. Reach was beautiful. From the beautiful landscape shown throughout the campaign to the sombre tone in its soundtrack. As said in the video, the story is told in a setting based fashion which I loved. It almost made you feel attached to the planet, and in such a short space of time.

Reach has given me more replay value than any other Halo game. Replaying each mission never felt monotonous or boring to me. Perhaps this was because of the dynamic and diverse range of levels throughout its campaign. I love the point that you raise about the fact that not every soldier dies in a glorious battle. This aspect of Reach allows you to put yourself in the shoes and see the brutal truth of war. Just another death in another war. There is a dark emphasis on making you feel outnumbered and outmatched throughout the Reach campaign which makes everything you do feel pointless.

I could talk all day about how much I love Halo Reach, and how it's quite possibly my favourite game ever made, but it's six years later and I feel like so many people have moved on from Reach, which seemed to be considered a disaster online throughout the Halo community, both in terms of story and multiplayer.
TU for all playlists on reach please , yes campaign is awesome but would be 1 million Xs better with zero bloom or TU campaign .
REACH campaign is so awesome. I like what they were going for, (bungie and/or 343i). You played as a spartan, whose job was to stop the covenant from killing all humans on Reach. They didn't go for any cliched military plot twists or anything. I actually like how they used art to describe everything. Instead of someone blurting out the obvious... Halo reach used art to desribe what wwas going on. And how Reach was falling apart. that made Halo reach story/theme make so much sense. And Reach multiplayer is sooooo much better then halo 4 multiplayer to me, (idk 'bout halo 5, i'm a last gen gamer, lol). Halo 4 just felt weird... You run slightly fast but when you jump, it feels like you're in the air for 12 minutes. The ranking system is better too. They made it, in a way, that you have to be active to get points. You can't sit out a whole game and get 1,000 (or over) points. In halo reach, the armor was wayyyyy better, 90% of it, was realistic (by that i mean, that you would see it in real life). 343i, are getting wayyyy to creative. They got to chill. Armor in halo 4 was nice, i liked majority of it. They felt out of placed though. Most of them, I wouldn't see a spartan wear. They weren't halo, they were cool, just not halo. Aaaaaaand the weapons. Halo reach weapons were awesome (except the assault rifle, lol, the part where it showed how man bullets you had in the clip, looked funny). They felt like the specimen class they were driven to. Reach plasma repeater looked alien. the halo 4 plasma rifle, looked human as f*ck! All it had was some ball, cone shaped spinning thing in the middle.

-( I have a lot more stuff to say, im just going to end it here though )-
-(Also, Act man, I really like what your content. Keep up the good work, And please try to keep your channel active w/ halo, Iv'e seen a lot other "halo" channels drift off into other games...)
Act Man?!? Never thought I'd see you here. Anyways Reach had one of the best campaigns (beat by 3) but the military feeling, the space combat, and the look of the planet, spartans, and even the marines, really made the game feel like war (which no other halo game has been able to represent as well as reach did). Noble Team consists of some of my favorite characters in the game, and so when bungie had them -avoiding spoilers- it made people tear up, which only bungie can make people do. Halo: Reach let you make your own backstories for characters. I gave my spartan the role of a marine commander. 343i just didn't make Halo 4 feel right (not that the campaign wasn't good because it was ok) and Halo 5 was just godawful. Both Halo 4 and 5 feel to cartoonish and by this I mean you can very easily destroy a scorpion, like Jerry would destroy Tom's tail. The thing I like about the old halo's is that you'd use vehicles to move faster because you couldn't move fast (Reach counters this with giant maps in invasion and BTB) in Halo 5 even on the biggest maps you can cross them on foot within seconds. Halo Reach was nowhere close to perfect but it is the best in my opinion. Reach is the only one that demonstrates war in a realistic sense.
Really looking forward to part 2!!!
Extremely biased opinion here because Halo Reach is my favorite game. But, I think the campaign and story line are bang on perfect. I think everything in this game is amazing! And, I can't wait to get my solo legendary run over and done with so I can go back to playing the best multiplayer Halo has to offer imo.
Love your videos. Never thought I'd see you here.

Halo Reach is a great game. I still play it today. The campaign is great. The multiplayer is good even if it's different. I personally always loved the characters and never really understood why folks find them boring. This game has the absolute best armor customization in the series. It's just an all around great game.

I think it may also have the best design in the series. I love how everything looks. The environments look fantastic. The Spartan and weapon designs are great too. Bungie manged to make weapons and armor look clunky but appealing. They really look like they predate the weapon design in Halo CE. The Reach Assault Rifle has edges and looks more square. The CE Assault Rifle looks rounder and everything is smooth.

Great game. Would love to see another game like it.
TRITONK175 wrote:
There's going to be a part 2?
Halo Reach's campaign felt like the true successor to Halo CE; the open map designs and AI were very reminiscent. Though I've preferred the campaigns of 343i's Halo's, Reach's was probably the most consistent in terms of pace and variety and I liked it a lot.
Great video!

I agree with alot of what you had to say. like what you said at the beginning, your video helped me realize exactly why it's my favorite halo campaign.

Screw the haters
Your video is awesome as usual, i concur with all your statements. In reach i like fighting hunters and skirmishers, thanks Act man for being awesome cheers!!!
My first ever console game I love it, the campaign especially will always be my favourite game.
Definitely one of my top 3 favorite Halo campaigns, played the heck out of it. The replayability and setting was amazing!
I also thought the Reach campaign was awesome and it had a lot of nostalgia put into the game.
Bummied wrote:
TRITONK175 wrote:
Of course there is, did you not notice that he saI'd the video is part 1 out of 2?
Everything is awesome!!!
I am a fan actman, thats coming from me as a high rank on Waypoint. The vid did a excellent analysis on how good it is.
Bummied wrote:
TRITONK175 wrote:
Of course there is, did you not notice that he saI'd the video is part 1 out of 2?
Owwwww, i thought you meant a Halo Reach 2.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2