Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

Why is Halo: Reach's Campaign SO AWESOME?!

OP The Act Man

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Because of those yoinking rock textures that's why those rock textures are yoinking amazing!
Nice to see Act Man here, for me I like the companionship, and the environment/setting. I also like how we get a change in scenery every mission including the time of day, with recent halo games its always been pretty much daylight and fast paced, with reach you got to explore a bit more. The music goes quite well with the mood at some points, whereas in Halo 5 the music I interpret is a mash up of other Halo music, just doesn't sound right.
I enjoy Halo Reach's campaign, tho I have not read Fall of Reach, so I don't know the differences between the book/novel and the game, all I know is that Kelly and Fred are in the book/novel and Noble Team never existed in the book/novel, but I try to have a mind set of seeing Halo Reach's campaign as its own thing and try to see how it ties in to the rest the stories, tho the one thing that I didn't like about the campaign is how they implemented Cortana into the story, other than that I like the character models, the action, the characters are relatable even tho we don't see much of them much, but they do left an impression on me, graphics at the time are beautiful, gameplay is good, tho I missed dual-wielding, dual-wielding was cool in Halo 2 and Halo 3, Armor-locks are not my favorite things in Halo Reach overall, I've beat the campaign on Legendary too by myself and the Elites in this game are like hell to kill, which is not a problem for me, since I'm up for a challenge, and it is certainly one of the hardest Halo games on Legendary that I have played, but damn those elites are like monkeys, very, very, very aggressive monkeys, brutes are equally difficult on Legendary, overall I liked the campaign, both Halo 4 and Reach are really good campaigns
A side note, Act Man, I like your work, especially on Youtube
Extremely biased opinion here because Halo Reach is my favorite game. But, I think the campaign and story line are bang on perfect. I think everything in this game is amazing! And, I can't wait to get my solo legendary run over and done with so I can go back to playing the best multiplayer Halo has to offer imo.
I think we have the exact same opinion on Reach.
Just to be sure: What's your opinion on the music?
crunblyn wrote:
Extremely biased opinion here because Halo Reach is my favorite game. But, I think the campaign and story line are bang on perfect. I think everything in this game is amazing! And, I can't wait to get my solo legendary run over and done with so I can go back to playing the best multiplayer Halo has to offer imo.
I think the music in Halo 2 was better. But, I just love it all. Often I listen to playlists of all the Halo music. How about you?
crunblyn wrote:
I think the music in Halo 2 was better. But, I just love it all. Often I listen to playlists of all the Halo music. How about you?
Reach had the best music. Halo 2's music was still really good, but Reach still beat it.
Some of halo 2' tracks had too much guitar for me. reach had a little as well, but not as much.
What made the campaign so great, for me atleast, was the fact that Noble Six was, more or less, you. You were a member of Noble Team, You were fighting for Reach's survival, You saw your Squad mates be picked off one by one, You saw Reach fall before your very eyes. That is what made Reach's campaign so great to me.
At the end of 2019, nearly 2020.... I am nearly ten years older than I was when the game came out. I remember being so moved by the story back then, and I’m still just as moved as I was back then. Maybe even more so.

I honestly loved the campaign then, and loved it today. I had forgotten a lot, but I also remembered a lot. The game is timeless. It truly is incredible.
Halo Reach's campaign works as a passionate letter of love to the fans and a unique story that focus's on the planet itself with still memorable character's and beautiful cinematography.
Reach is super Awesome!!!
At the end of 2019, nearly 2020.... I am nearly ten years older than I was when the game came out. I remember being so moved by the story back then, and I’m still just as moved as I was back then. Maybe even more so.

I honestly loved the campaign then, and loved it today. I had forgotten a lot, but I also remembered a lot. The game is timeless. It truly is incredible.
Same here
Halo Reach’s Campaign was okay IMO.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2