Forums / Games / Halo: Reach and Legacy Halo

Why is the prophet of Truth so diffeent in Halo 3?

OP Crimson Cronk

In Halo 2, the prophet of Truth is the cunning mastermind behind the lie of the great Journey, while in Halo 3 he comes off as just insane. Why is there such a change in his personality between games?
Well he's a psychopathic Religious alien who wants to kill an entire universe
I think he was just written poorly in the third game?
Yeah I've noticed this to and I have to agree with you on that
The change of voice actor also plays into how the character was different between the two games. Both actors brought different traits to the character which is why it’s not a good idea to switch actors. A similar thing happened with Miranda too.
Depending on how many books you have read, or history you know. You would know that truth would be the exact opposite of what "Truth'" is about. As the game progresses, Truth descends more and more info insanity. And also being influenced by gravemind as well can have a startling impact on a creatures state of mind.
I think in halo 3 after the loss of high charity and his other prophet brothers he kinda realizes he need's to hurry this -Yoink- up and just does whatever he can to hurry up and fire the rings. We know at the end of the covenant that what he wants is to become a god and once he realizes that the Elites and UNSC have destroyed high charity and his forces are depleting he just kinda forgets everything and rush's most of his plans.
I think in halo 3 after the loss of high charity and his other prophet brothers he kinda realizes he need's to hurry this -Yoink- up and just does whatever he can to hurry up and fire the rings. We know at the end of the covenant that what he wants is to become a god and once he realizes that the Elites and UNSC have destroyed high charity and his forces are depleting he just kinda forgets everything and rush's most of his plans.
Yeah that's what I've noticed, also he wanted the other prophets dead so that he can be the sole leader of the covenant.
Yeah that's what I've noticed, also he wanted the other prophets dead so that he can be the sole leader of the covenant.
Makes a lot of sense actually. To secure full power he left the other prophets behind and securing his place as sole leader of the covenant. And I guess his intentions were to not bring the entire covenant with him and instead secure his place as a god and something everyone fears.
Yeah. Thinking about it now it's almost like he's a completely different character in between games. In Halo 2 he was manipulative with how he made everyone in the Covenant believe that activating the rings would lead to salvation instead of death. He was a good villain and was smart. In Halo 3, he seems more like a maniac. He tries to do whatever he can to activate all the rings at the Ark. There may be reasons for why he changed so much between games. One I can think of is because he started to become even more crazy at the end of Halo 2, if you remember him talking in the level High Charity when the Grave mind was taking over the Covenant ship he was saying "Mercy and Regret are by my side" or something like that, even though Mercy and Regret were dead. He may has well have gone insane in Halo 3. The only change that doesn't make sense when playing both games is the change in voice, but that's because of the voice actor from Halo 2 being replaced.
Remember, the Halo 3 we got is not what we were supposed to get at the time Halo 2's story was being developed. Half of Halo 2's singleplayer got cut, which led to a change of plans for Halo 3.

The prophet in Halo 2 worked for Halo 2, and would've probably worked for the original rough idea of Halo 3. The prophet in Halo 3 worked for what Halo 3 had to end up being. It doesn't personally bother me unless playing the two back-to-back (i.e. MCC).
He basically became more desperate after the fall of High Charity and being so close to his goal of the "Great Journey". He became more obsessed and unhinged.
I think he's not that insane but i think that it was the other voice actor trying his own rendition of the character
Yeah I've noticed this to and I have to agree with you on that
Yea it could be that