Forums / Games / Halo: Reach and Legacy Halo

[Locked] Why so many trash talkers on Halo Reach?

OP The Nerds Club

Not sure why but Halo Reach has a lot of angry people & trash talkers (in terms of messaging) that like to send hate messages, like to cause drama & or argue, Halo banning system never made sense i also get betrayed all the time for having a weapon my teammate wants, taking a weapon my teammate wants, not playing, or they just shoot at me & run away because they think it's funny or want to kill there teammates instead of the other team, a lot of times i get betrayed then i betray my teammate back yet i don't get the option to boot them but they can boot me even though they betrayed me first & i don't shoot them, the betray system is very broken at least on Halo Reach. There needs to be a ban system for betraying. I get a lot of messages randomly & 99.9% are trash talkers i always report them.
I know I shouldn't encourage such things but I always like to have fun at the trash talkers expense. To me, there is just something so pleasantly satisfying about annoying people who trash talk to the point where they stop sending messages or block me.
x N7 117 x wrote:
I know I shouldn't encourage such things but I always like to have fun at the trash talkers expense. To me, there is just something so pleasantly satisfying about annoying people who trash talk to the point where they stop sending messages or block me.
I used to get this on every Halo, Reach included. Kinda SS it haha I used to respond so sarcastically and laugh when it would go right over their heads
it is what it is.
it is what it is.
Exactly, it is what it is. It's best to ignore them and move on. It's not worth getting angry and spun up about salty players.
x N7 117 x wrote:
i do to but i haven't done it in years though.
it is what it is.
Exactly, it is what it is. It's best to ignore them and move on. It's not worth getting angry and spun up about salty players.
i always report if i get the opportunity.
it is what it is.
That's exactly what needs to be done. Going a step further, block communications from the person to avoid being spammed with messages.
it is what it is.
Please don't post multiple time in a row. If you need to add more information or quote other users, you can edit your last post. Thanks!
Every game has it's own fair share of trash talkers. I tend to just say idiotic things back at them to confuse them. Then I'll just outplay them while they're thinking of a comeback against me.

Overwhelm them with nonsense and push them to the limit.
take is as ammo to drive yourself to get better and then catch them later on and cripple them with skill because nobody seems to understand anymore its the internet you take it too the level of feelings being caught by words over a game
I have encountered an increased amount of such people in Halo Reach as well, not so many or not at all in any of the other Halo games.
I would say it is because Halo Reach is still considered the best Halo game out there by many of the fan base out there and thus it houses most of the fan base...and in doong so, it alsi houses most of the toxic players in the community.
It is something typical for popular or very favored games in communities
I haven’t been on Reach in a while, is there any particular mode that attracts these kinds of people?

I mainly played Slayer and people were never rude in-game or through messages, at least not to me.
Not sure why but Halo Reach has a lot of angry people & trash talkers (in terms of messaging) that like to send hate messages, like to cause drama & or argue, Halo banning system never made sense i also get betrayed all the time for having a weapon my teammate wants, taking a weapon my teammate wants, not playing, or they just shoot at me & run away because they think it's funny or want to kill there teammates instead of the other team, a lot of times i get betrayed then i betray my teammate back yet i don't get the option to boot them but they can boot me even though they betrayed me first & i don't shoot them, the betray system is very broken at least on Halo Reach. There needs to be a ban system for betraying. I get a lot of messages randomly & 99.9% are trash talkers i always report them.
I always react nice to them.there's no point in making a fight with someone you dont know,and has a temper issue, always report them btw and give them a bad rep so you wont match them as often
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not re-edit or repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
It’s an absolutely toxic community. That’s why I stopped playing it.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
As OP is being belligerent, I'm closing this thread off.