Forums / Games / Halo: Reach and Legacy Halo

Will Reach die on the 360 because of the MCC?

OP Reclaiment

Now that Halo: Reach is being added to the MCC, will this finally kill it off on the 360? Personally, I sincerely hope not. However I think it's a likely possibility. We don't know how it will work, but the MCC may give players all armor, tempting them (understandably) to the MCC. However I think it goes without saying it wouldn't be the same experience. So what do you think? Will the almost 9 year old game finally die?

P.S) I'm happy it's being added, I simply don't want the 360 version's multiplayer to die.
My only big concern is are we gonna get a restart for our record in multiplayer reach? or are we just gonna get all access to all the armors and such, which seems like all the work done in reach prior would of been for nothing.....am i wrong? i wouldn't mind keeping the currency and armor customization and unlocks as everything that made reach fun also concerned for custom maps and user created basically what made reach fun, i hope they don't do this even though i expect them too.
Well, Reach (360) is going to die off eventually one way or another.
There are still people playing the original H3 and H4 so I don't think it will.
Based on the diehard following (as far as old games go) and the fact that Halo 3 and 4 still have some players, I don’t think Reach will die out. As it is, only the most dedicated are still playing.

My only big concern is are we gonna get a restart for our record in multiplayer reach? or are we just gonna get all access to all the armors and such, which seems like all the work done in reach prior would of been for nothing.....am i wrong? i wouldn't mind keeping the currency and armor customization and unlocks as everything that made reach fun also concerned for custom maps and user created basically what made reach fun, i hope they don't do this even though i expect them too.
It’s a “new” game so nothing will carry over just like the other MCC games.
I certainly won't be doing anything on the mcc version besides completing the campaign once on legendary as I'm not going to earn all of those commendations again nor the time it takes to get rank up, I've invested wayyy too much time into reach to do that over again.
I certainly won't be doing anything on the mcc version besides completing the campaign once on legendary as I'm not going to earn all of those commendations again nor the time it takes to get rank up, I've invested wayyy too much time into reach to do that over again.
After hearing that stats aren’t going to transfer over I might not even pick it up. I can’t imagine having to start over from scratch again, especially the commendations. Ah well, hopefully the servers get fixed and the normal version of Reach becomes playable again.
The only way any 360 game will die is if there are no more servers for it to be played on and supported by. Reach campaign can be played offline on 360 indefinitely. I still have all my 360 Halo games and have started playing them again.
After playing Reach in 4K HDR 60 FPS on Oled tv it will be impossible for me to return to 360 version that doesn't even hit 720P and dips below 30 FPS all the time.
It's a fresh start