Forums / Games / Halo: Reach

Wow, absolutely pathetic...

OP Dirty Nurse

This is one of the saddest tactics I’ve ever seen. Kid in rumble pit searching with a guest just won while killing his afk guest 18 times. He barely managed to eke out a 25-23 win, I just couldn’t keep up with someone who always knew where a free kill was. I stayed in the room the next game and he quit/lagged out halfway through but I’m hoping that the banhammer hit him after I reported him and hopefully everyone else in the games he had played did as well. Has anyone seen a more pathetic tactic in this game(griffball aside of course)?
It happens all the time. People look to cut corners all the time. I'm sure the banhammer will hit him at some point in time. Things like that WILL be noticed and he'll get caught, it's only a matter of time. At least he wasn't using a Guitar Hero controller where his guess was spinning around the entire time. LOL!
It happens all the time. People look to cut corners all the time. I'm sure the banhammer will hit him at some point in time. Things like that WILL be noticed and he'll get caught, it's only a matter of time. At least he wasn't using a Guitar Hero controller where his guess was spinning around the entire time. LOL!
Back when I played reach everyone used 4 controllers boost. The ban hammer was onto of everything though. Using the guitar tho, thats genius!
Back when I played reach everyone used 4 controllers boost. The ban hammer was onto of everything though. Using the guitar tho, thats genius!
Come to think of it I do remember one player in this playlist that used to search as 4 but quit out before the game configured. Looking up his stats on halotracker I see that whatever glitch he was using seemed to “pay off” as his stats were still recorded and he actually managed to accrue trueskill somehow. He’s still in I want to say the top 50(actually number 29 I just looked it up) for some reason. Never saw the kid stay in a game and looking up his stats you could obviously tell they were boosted. I have no idea what possible satisfaction these types of kids could derive from such a pathetic playstyle.
Right?! It was always painfully obvious when someone was using one. The Banhammer shows no mercy!
Come to think of it I do remember one player in this playlist that used to search as 4 but quit out before the game configured. Looking up his stats on halotracker I see that whatever glitch he was using seemed to “pay off” as his stats were still recorded and he actually managed to accrue trueskill somehow. He’s still in I want to say the top 50(actually number 29 I just looked it up) for some reason. Never saw the kid stay in a game and looking up his stats you could obviously tell they were boosted. I have no idea what possible satisfaction these types of kids could derive from such a pathetic playstyle.
Some people just want all the rewards without putting in any effort or work for them.
Some people just want all the rewards without putting in any effort or work for them.
What reward is it though exactly? Running around killing guests repeatedly simply cannot be fulfilling, not to mention a cursory glance at the kids stats will tell you they’re boosted.
What reward is it though exactly? Running around killing guests repeatedly simply cannot be fulfilling, not to mention a cursory glance at the kids stats will tell you they’re boosted.
They all want that Inheritor rank and all the armors without putting all the effort into it.
They all want that Inheritor rank and all the armors without putting all the effort into it.
Exactly, they're just cutting corners to try and earn the highest rank of Inheritor but all they're really doing is becoming a bigger target for the banhammer to swing at
The reason I could never do something like that is because the rank up would not be legit. I would forever know that I used cheap tactics. Also it makes the game less fun for myself and others. I am guilty of seeing someone afk then just kill them once, but that is in infection and the game needs it to continue.
And yet again I encountered a pathetic kid cheating in a different way. He and his guest teamed up, hoarding all of the power weapons between them and just camping at the usual spots on the maps we got(top yellow lift at sword base and top center/shotty on reflection). On reflection actually the one kid was hiding in the little rooms in the low hallway, I assume to allow the other to restock a power weapon when it ran out. The icing on the cake? The one kid (the power weapon storer) was actually using a handicap setting and armor lock at that! I thought my starting example in the thread was the most pathetic playstyle I’ve ever seen but this one definitely tops it. I’m hoping everyone else in the room reported the kid too as it drastically affected gameplay in those games negatively.
And yet again I encountered a pathetic kid cheating in a different way. He and his guest teamed up, hoarding all of the power weapons between them and just camping at the usual spots on the maps we got(top yellow lift at sword base and top center/shotty on reflection). On reflection actually the one kid was hiding in the little rooms in the low hallway, I assume to allow the other to restock a power weapon when it ran out. The icing on the cake? The one kid (the power weapon storer) was actually using a handicap setting and armor lock at that! I thought my starting example in the thread was the most pathetic playstyle I’ve ever seen but this one definitely tops it. I’m hoping everyone else in the room reported the kid too as it drastically affected gameplay in those games negatively.
How is that cheating? That's just someone camping power weapons spawns. That's not cheating. That's just a very crappy and annoying strategy.
In an FFA playlist, you see nothing wrong with that? I seriously watched them running around together sharing weapons and camping their hearts out until the other came back to retrieve their loot, never killing one another(except possibly at the end of the last game where I had a comfortable lead). Personally I don’t feel as if anyone should be able to search that playlist in a party of any kind as it’s supposed to be a solo playlist.
In an FFA playlist, you see nothing wrong with that? I seriously watched them running around together sharing weapons and camping their hearts out until the other came back to retrieve their loot, never killing one another(except possibly at the end of the last game where I had a comfortable lead). Personally I don’t feel as if anyone should be able to search that playlist in a party of any kind as it’s supposed to be a solo playlist.
Well, that's why I don't play FFA and stick with SWAT. Don't have to worry about power weapon camping/hoarder.
Oh there’s nothing wrong with getting/maintaining power weapons...the issue was as I said, in an FFA playlist the kid and his guest were working in tandem the entire game. In addition the pathetic tactic was exacerbated by their usage of hardcore crouch-camping and the handicap setting. I’m surprised they didnt use jetpack too while they were at it.
Ikr
Ikr
It's actually funny, I was playing MCC last night and saw someone spinning around in a circle the whole time and couldn't help but wonder if someone was trying to use a guitar hero controller as an afk guest
Ikr
It's actually funny, I was playing MCC last night and saw someone spinning around in a circle the whole time and couldn't help but wonder if someone was trying to use a guitar hero controller as an afk guest
OOF