Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

You Broke Halo 3

OP IntellectuaIize

The game is not searching in the proper skill range Usually skill range 1-1 or another incorrect variation. Have also had the search stop at 0 on the countdown and never search. Possibly more issue that I have not yet experienced. Issue start- 9-27-2017

Makes your statement seem completely false.

"The Xbox back-compat team is hard at work on final polish and we continue to work closely with them and evaluate all four games for launch" "We're taking extra time to ensure the experience lives up to fan expectations but I hear we're making great progress and release should be getting closer."
This game had a low population but was functioning perfectly before made backwards compatible.
Nothing changed other than allowing the game to function on the Xbox One console as well as the Xbox 360.

Nothing on Halo 3's side was touched.
Do not make nonconstructive posts.

Spoiler:
Show
Nothing changed other than allowing the game to function on the Xbox One console as well as the Xbox 360.

Odd, because I have played Halo 3 from September 25, 2007 until now and i have NEVER experienced this problem of the skill range being "1-1".
Maybe its just 343 failing yet again
No, 343i is not responsible for backward compatibility function. This issue lies solely on the Xbox BC team.
Do not make nonconstructive posts.

Spoiler:
Show

Odd, because I have played Halo 3 from September 25, 2007 until now and i have NEVER experienced this problem of the skill range being "1-1".
No, 343i is not responsible for backward compatibility function. This issue lies solely on the Xbox BC team.
Ah yes, I had wondered if the Halo community's attitude had gotten less toxic. Apparently not.
The game is not searching in the proper skill range Usually skill range 1-1 or another incorrect variation. Have also had the search stop at 0 on the countdown and never search. Possibly more issue that I have not yet experienced. Issue start- 9-27-2017

"The Xbox back-compat team is hard at work on final polish and we continue to work closely with them and evaluate all four games for launch" "We're taking extra time to ensure the experience lives up to fan expectations but I hear we're making great progress and release should be getting closer."
This game had a low population but was functioning perfectly before made backwards compatible.
I encountered these issues as well on 9-27-2017. Something was definitely not working correctly, and it looked like it was server-side. It seems to be working now, though... Very strange.

Ah yes, I had wondered if the Halo community's attitude had gotten less toxic. Apparently not.
I for one agree with Consequence, and I wouldn't exactly call myself toxic; and I've been around Halo since the beginning.
I noticed it the other night too. It shortly bugged out the next day for me at least. H3 has been sort of buggy lately. Even the fileshare stopped working right before the BC launch and it cut out around the same time last year.

The people that act like this and want Halo to be exactly like Halo 3 are in the extreme minority.

To OP. Halo 3 BC is the same as it was on 360.
Zakkerus wrote:

I for one agree with Consequence, and I wouldn't exactly call myself toxic; and I've been around Halo since the beginning.
Ive also been around since the beginning. I personally like 343i's games better than Bungie's.

I encountered these issues as well on 9-27-2017. Something was definitely not working correctly, and it looked like it was server-side. It seems to be working now, though... Very strange.
Maybe it was/is happening because of the population increase during the BC launch/H3 10th Anniversary
Nooga wrote:
Zakkerus wrote:

Ive also been around since the beginning. I personally like 343i's games better than Bungie's.
Oh, I see. I mean, Halo 4 was okay, the story was good. They just made the Spartans look like Power Rangers. Now... Halo 5 was... Ugh... I have cardboard more interesting. And that cardboard doesn't have a pay-to-win feature either.
Zakkerus wrote:
Nooga wrote:
Zakkerus wrote:

Oh, I see. I mean, Halo 4 was okay, the story was good. They just made the Spartans look like Power Rangers. Now... Halo 5 was... Ugh... I have cardboard more interesting. And that cardboard doesn't have a pay-to-win feature either.
Im only speaking in regards to multiplayer. I like most of the campaigns about the same. Also, 5 doesnt have any pay to win features. Pay to win means that you pay to instantly get an edge on other players not pay to get a random chance at random weapons that barely effect the game. Ive been playing steadily since launch and rarely ever pull reqs in WZ or WZA. If you do still somehow consider this pay to win then just play the game modes that have been in most of the other Halo's and it wont effect you at all :)