Forums / Games / Halo 4

AI Bots For Offline Multiplayer

OP Nightcaster460

343, could you please add AI bots into the offline multiplayer for Halo 4 on both the Xbox 360 and Master Chief Collection? That would be so amazing if you did that. It would be great for those without a gold subscription, or who simply don't like online multiplayer. If it can't be done, could you add them into Halo Reach or Halo Anniversary? =)
Hey, unfortunately this isn't something that is possible to be added to either game.

The 360 version of Halo 4 was already pushing the limits of the console when it was released, something like this would require a lot of development time and more resources than would be available to play with due to console limitations. Halo 4 is also out of support for title updates (as is Halo Reach), so we wouldn't see changes like this happen anyway.

As far as MCC goes, I think the immediate focus is to resolve the major issues first of all - like matchmaking and campaign bugs. I don't believe we will see any additional features added, certainly none that would require the amount of dev time AI would.

For future Halo games it certainly seems to be on the cards for the forge team to look into. It was something they wanted to attempt for Halo 5, just wasn't possible due to their timescales.
stckrboy wrote:
Hey, unfortunately this isn't something that is possible to be added to either game.

The 360 version of Halo 4 was already pushing the limits of the console when it was released, something like this would require a lot of development time and more resources than would be available to play with due to console limitations. Halo 4 is also out of support for title updates (as is Halo Reach), so we wouldn't see changes like this happen anyway.

As far as MCC goes, I think the immediate focus is to resolve the major issues first of all - like matchmaking and campaign bugs. I don't believe we will see any additional features added, certainly none that would require the amount of dev time AI would.

For future Halo games it certainly seems to be on the cards for the forge team to look into. It was something they wanted to attempt for Halo 5, just wasn't possible due to their timescales.
I see.