OP snickerdoodle

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 11
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I solo'ed Requiem, took about 3 hours and I was getting nervous that I wasn't going to get credit. It didn't pop up until maybe 4 seconds into the start of the next mission. I would advise on waiting before saving & quitting...
Easy 40.000 XP for the weekly campaign challenge! xD
I captured Mission 5 with 4 Skulls on Solo Legendary for you if you're interested ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl-JL4P1Bu0
I have a question regarding the challenges..... if there are 2 weekly challenges for doing a campaign mission on legendary, but one has a different skull than the other, could you do the same mission, include the skulls needed by both challenges and complete them that way? Or do you need to do each set of skulls on mission play throughs?
Quote:
could you do the same mission, include the skulls needed by both challenges and complete them that way?
Indeed you can, I would strongly recommend doing this as you kill two birds with one stone.
question.

Do i have to have the 4 skulls on as required for a campaign mission or can i pull a laso and still complete the challange
I agree with the challenges beings repetitive and pointless if you've capped. That being said, I would like to see an armor unlock for the # of challenges completed. Something like 100 = shoulders, 250 = torso, 500 = helmet, and 1000 = visor. That way they'd still be worth completing and make me want to get the dailies again.
So long as you have at least the 4 relevant skulls activated on the weekly mission
then that completes the challenge.

Additional skulls won't ruin it for you.

Just ensure you have the 4 required skulls though.
A friend and I completed both this week's campaign challenges, but the serves went down sometime after we started. Is there anyway to get the credit for that without having to reply the mission?
Quote:
A friend and I completed both this week's campaign challenges, but the serves went down sometime after we started. Is there anyway to get the credit for that without having to reply the mission?
I was 3/4 of the way through midnight for the challenge when the servers went down. I just saved and quit. Picked up where I left off today and completed it and got the points.
Any advice on getting thru these mission with the skulls on ?? Tilt makes life very frustrating
Quote:
Quote:
I was 3/4 of the way through midnight for the challenge when the servers went down. I just saved and quit. Picked up where I left off today and completed it and got the points.
We didn't see any notice the serves went down, so we couldn't do this. Anyway to just play the last chapter to get the points?

Also, I always play these challenges with 1-3 other people. When it comes to elites and knights, we have one guy distract them and we try to sneak up and assassinate them. Best way to take them down.
Quote:
Any advice on getting thru these mission with the skulls on ?? Tilt makes life very frustrating
The knights are so tough, you want to get behind them and assassinate them, only way i could beat them. plus I was doing it solo so if you have others to help that make a difference.
Quote:
I would take a look at the Mythic difficulty thread.
If you are prepared to browse through a few pages there are a number of tips that
are just as valid for fewer skulls.

Or check out the Laso walkthroughs linked to that thread. You can possibly implement some of the short cuts/ run pasts etc to minimise the enemies you need to kill.

For what it is worth, if you can, assassinating the higher ranked elites is a one smack kill regardless of increased health.

Wait for the elite to go into grenade throwing mode then run past them to the side & round the back for a quick kill.

That also applies to any missions with Knights involved. Same criteria applies , pretty much.

That said it is easier to advise than implement!

Other than that, make full use of the plasma pistol /headshot with a DMR/BR combo.
You may a need a couple of good blasts with the PP but you will remove the shields.

I think the increasing in health is a particularly tricky skull. The enemies look the same but just won't die!
Looking for help on this weeks campaign challenges. A hard rain and dawn madness

Gamer tag: xbuckdawgx

I'm online now
Quote:
I would get good at headshotting since that's the only way to kill grunts. Without Mythic, use a PP overcharge for Elites and Knights, but with Mythic, pepper with the PP. It takes 4 Overcharge PP shots to take down an elite's shields with Mythic and Tilt. Oh, and don't even think about shooting jackals on the arm. It doesn't work with both skulls. I'm going to finish me this challenge.
I do enjoy these challenges. They weren't as ridiculous as Reach's Blindless LASO Challenges, or crazy as Mythic. For someone who wants the extra challenge with an incentive without having to worry about Iron, these are very good for me. I only did the Reclaimer one, but I'm going to try this one. I actually am keeping a running table of what missions I do with what skulls on a single playthrough. It's fun. Once I do enough of 4 this way, I'll tackle Reach and 3. ODST is too tough :)
Dawn Madness was pretty dang easy. It was just a lot of stealth assassinating elites and headshotting grunts. I would recommend also turning on Catch to help with the stealth kills. GBP feels really good in this game, so I use it as well. Much easier than the Reclaimer L4SO(Yes, that is a four) Challenge
Quote:
I solo'ed Requiem, took about 3 hours and I was getting nervous that I wasn't going to get credit. It didn't pop up until maybe 4 seconds into the start of the next mission. I would advise on waiting before saving & quitting...
For future reference, that is because Forerunner does not have an opening cutscene. Usually, the challenge alert pops a few seconds into the cutscene of the next mission, so that's why you experienced that delay. I can't wait for the Requiem Challenge next week!
i would love a hand doing the campaign challenges for this week
Dawn Madness: Dawn on legendary with Mythic, Tough Luck and Thunderstorm
and i'm pretty sure doing this will also unlock A Hard Rain: any mission or heroic+ with mythic, tilt and Thunderstorm.
i'm online as of right now and for the next few hours if anyones interested.
although i am using a trial gold membership and it does restrict a lot of things...
If anybody wants to do Dawn Madness, I'm game.
Just PM me.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 11