Forums / Games / Halo 4

Halo 4 complaint to 343 industries

OP Zansuka

I just recieved a message in my account telling me that quitting too many games will result in a temporary ban. Here is what I have to say on that 343

A lot of European/Australian players quit games because the games themselves are unplayable. I have written numerous posts on the issue of latency and frankly won't go into it again because the issue has already been covered by many gamers. The reason I quit out of your games is because you pool me in with bad American/Canadian hosts essentially putting me on a orange bar connection. I mean - is it too much to ask to have you pool European players with European players? We're in 2018 now, and the idea of regional selection completely seems to be out of your grasp.

I won't insult your intelligence - I am pretty sure you know the difficulties playing on a high ping server. You're experienced computer game developers so I won't explain this issue. So what I will assume is that you simply do not care about your European/Australian fan base. But to be fair, neither did the other company so as a european fan base we're used to this kind of treatment. The other company did attempt to fix the issue, but it fell flat on its face. A lot of your gamers are new and do not know how much latency effects them against similar skill gap players, but eventually the issue will be flagged up by a lot more people.

For those who are able to tell me how ''I never noticed it'' or ''It isn't that bad'' answer me this -- if it wasn't so bad why did a MLG pro OGRE 1, explain how he couldn't play halo anymore online due to the high lag issues across the pond? And this is true.... Australian players have it worse than European players. For them it is constant orange bar connection. You know whether you're on green, yellow or orange bar connection depending on how much time it takes for the granade to show up on your screen from your hand.

Anyway, this is an official complaint. If you want to stop me from quitting out games, then try adding in a regional selection option. Maybe then i might consider purchasing halo 5 -- until then i'll continue to quit out of bad connection games out of principle.

Yours faithfully,

Zanzuka
tldr
but halo 4 is a ghost town, i dont think 343 even care about h4 anymore
Zansuka wrote:
I just recieved a message in my account telling me that quitting too many games will result in a temporary ban. Here is what I have to say on that 343

A lot of European/Australian players quit games because the games themselves are unplayable. I have written numerous posts on the issue of latency and frankly won't go into it again because the issue has already been covered by many gamers. The reason I quit out of your games is because you pool me in with bad American/Canadian hosts essentially putting me on a orange bar connection. I mean - is it too much to ask to have you pool European players with European players? We're in 2018 now, and the idea of regional selection completely seems to be out of your grasp.

I won't insult your intelligence - I am pretty sure you know the difficulties playing on a high ping server. You're experienced computer game developers so I won't explain this issue. So what I will assume is that you simply do not care about your European/Australian fan base. But to be fair, neither did the other company so as a european fan base we're used to this kind of treatment. The other company did attempt to fix the issue, but it fell flat on its face. A lot of your gamers are new and do not know how much latency effects them against similar skill gap players, but eventually the issue will be flagged up by a lot more people.

For those who are able to tell me how ''I never noticed it'' or ''It isn't that bad'' answer me this -- if it wasn't so bad why did a MLG pro OGRE 1, explain how he couldn't play halo anymore online due to the high lag issues across the pond? And this is true.... Australian players have it worse than European players. For them it is constant orange bar connection. You know whether you're on green, yellow or orange bar connection depending on how much time it takes for the granade to show up on your screen from your hand.

Anyway, this is an official complaint. If you want to stop me from quitting out games, then try adding in a regional selection option. Maybe then i might consider purchasing halo 5 -- until then i'll continue to quit out of bad connection games out of principle.

Yours faithfully,

Zanzuka
Dude I'm completely with you here! I'm in the west coast of Australia and experience horrible lag all the bloody time! (It's so so frustrating!) I've posted numerous times on this issue, actually most of my posts (Halo 5) are about this problem! (See my profile and forum posts) All I want is for 343i to fix this issue and they will have so many happy customers, come on 343i this would be a massive win win situation and see Halo continue for years to come... (OP btw H5 is a good game and I really enjoy it but suffers the same fate but not as bad as H4 with lag, this is my one and only issue...) You have my support with this quest.
Honestly I'm from the Central Coast of Australia & I never had problems with Halo 4, I'm being honest, not once I had any issues except only on Halo 5
Honestly I'm from the Central Coast of Australia & I never had problems with Halo 4, I'm being honest, not once I had any issues except only on Halo 5
Man H4 always screws up! So many games freeze cause someone dropped out (host/migration) and always waiting for the game to restart, massive lag, teleporting you name it it happens, it's worse than H5 and H5 is bad. I think us West Aussies would have the worst connection in Australia, we are the furthest distance to the servers in Sydney and that's about 3900 kms away. I'm nearly done with Halo altogether as it's just not fun and most times I come away angry and pissed off due to connection to these games and it's not the games that are the issue, it's purely lag which frustrates me to no end, Halo is a good game, my game and I can't play it properly because of where I live, over it.
ZacBum,

343 simply do not care and neither did Bungie. They rely heavily on new players who have no grounding knowledge of high ping gaming.

The problem is even if you had the best connection in the world you wouldn't pull host. The 343 server determines host by who connects to it the quickest. Unfortunately, Canadian/Americans are closest to the server so they will connect to it in the fastest time = which means the server thinks that theres is the fastest.

I pay £50 a month for my connection (around $60) and it is the fastest connection my company can do. Yet, I have only had host 3 times in 2 years?

My advice is to get a friend who can force you host or you force them host. The problem is it makes the game far too easy because you've been playing on a handicap for
so long that most players are not good enough. I have a 3.0 kd on us host so go figure.
The lag issue isn't exclusive to Australia and Europe. I live in America and it can be pretty crappy here too. Admittedly, I only played Halo 4 for about 30-40 hours online and that too at the end of last year, but I still experienced lag issues. They are still present in Halo 5 even though the game has dedicated servers. Bungie games had better options for selecting servers though. I think another problem at this point is that all of 343's games have such low populations (stating fact, not throwing shade) that selecting a server would result in either slow matching times or no match at all.
Can't say I know the feel since I'm not from the area :(
Zansuka wrote:

Yours faithfully,

Zanzuka
Considering how much Halo 4's population dropped by 2013, I don't imagine you'd be able to find a game at all in 2018 if you were only being matched with people in your country. As you can still earn XP from custom games, you should either find some local friends who are interested in playing the game or start a thread that invites others in your country to play customs with you.
Zansuka wrote:

Yours faithfully,

Zanzuka
Considering how much Halo 4's population dropped by 2013, I don't imagine you'd be able to find a game at all in 2018 if you were only being matched with people in your country. As you can still earn XP from custom games, you should either find some local friends who are interested in playing the game or start a thread that invites others in your country to play customs with you.
So we have to have a downgraded experience simply because we are from Australia/Europe and we have to 'put up or shut up?'

There are a lot of players outside of USA/Canada that still play. It is all about choice. The ability to choose whether I want to play on someones xbox in America/Canada
or try to find someone from Europe. On Halo 4 before MCC, there was a point where I was only matching European host so it can be done. On Halo 4 original disc there used to be a glitch where you could see who had host and which country was hosting. Why is it that 343 patched that? It seems a little concerning. So now you're forced into high ping games. Halo 4 isn't too bad, but try playing H2/H1 above level 40+ on high ping and tell me how frustrating it is?

The only argument is you would be dividing the community. I see this as a necessary thing if it increases the playing experience of players outside of America/Europe. It is the winning formula for games like Counter Strike which do it. It only seems logical that 343 follow suit. We were then promised dedicated servers on Halo 5 and nothing happened on that.
Zansuka wrote:
Zansuka wrote:

Yours faithfully,

Zanzuka
So we have to have a downgraded experience simply because we are from Australia/Europe and we have to 'put up or shut up?'

There are a lot of players outside of USA/Canada that still play. It is all about choice. The ability to choose whether I want to play on someones xbox in America/Canada
or try to find someone from Europe. On Halo 4 before MCC, there was a point where I was only matching European host so it can be done. The only argument is you would be dividing the community. I see this as a necessary thing if it increases the playing experience of players outside of America.
I didn't say that.

Not enough people want to play Halo 4, so unless the game searches for players all around the world the likelihood of finding a match drops significantly for anyone of any country.
Does anyone know how to get to the basic editing gamemode on xbox 360?! Theres no gamemode to get to it so i cant create new challenges for myself and my friends. This gets me annoyed every time. I have tried for about 30 minutes now just to enter basic editing on forge island.
It is not only you who live in Europe and Austrália, I live in South América (Brazil) and I suffer this same problem, lag and freezing in all games. I never got to play a game without problems. The 343 only provides a good connection for the Americans, the rest is -Yoink- it.
This company (343) sucks.
Im gonna keep it real with ya, chief. Halo 4 came out almost 6 years ago, and since then, a total of 3 AAA titles have come out under the Halo name, and on a totally new and different console. I wouldn't expect any sort of support or additional features, because it simply isn't profitable or practical in any way. Adding in features to a game this old when you they are busy fixing MCC and developing new games is just unnecessary, especially when only a few hundred people play Halo 4 to begin with. Those few hundred people are not entitled to a brand new system that allows the minority of players to have easier connections on a 13 year old console and a 6 year old game.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we must ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Volverán los DLC?