Forums / Games / Halo 4

[Locked] Halo 4 Cut Content

OP AlphaBenson

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
After browsing the web a while after Halo 4 came out, I couldn't help but noticed pieces of concept art, and even 3D models, of objects that were absent in the final game.

M7 SMG Concept Art

This evidence tells us that the M7 SMG was once considered during development, but was later cut. This makes me wonder if it was a Loadout weapon, and if the missing Plasma Rifle was originally meant to be the Covenant equivalent to the SMG.

Halo 3 Helmet

As seen here, the Halo 3 style CH252 Marine Helmet was once planned to appear in Halo 4, perhaps being the headgear for the Marines in Halo 4 that resemble the Halo 3-style Marine BDU. I'm guessing it was removed due to how angular it was, which would've been out of place in Halo 4.

Old Halo 4 Build

As you can see in the top right hand corner, the DMR once had a different HUD Icon than it does in the final game. In the final game, the DMR erroneously is represented by the M392 DMR from Reach, rather than the M395 icon present in earlier builds of the game.

While this is what comes to mind when I think of cut or altered content, I'm sure this isn't all. If you have anything else to add, please post below.
Why 343, why.....
I can't believe they cut the SMG! It was my favorite gun in Halo 3! Although duel wielding would not return in Halo 4, I would have at least be happy that the SMG returned.

This is sad news. :(
Quote:
Why 343, why.....
Time constraints most likely. =(
I bet 343 is gonna go ham sandwich with halo 5. So much more content will be allowed especially with the Xbox one. I'm so excited for it, I bet more weapons will make a return, more vehicles will be added including both human aircraft, possible large scale space battles possibly, maybe even a possible (the idea that gets me the craziest!) terrain editor.

I got 3 words for you.
Next. Gen. Consoles.
This here shows just how many gametypes they had to cut during development:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9EjglYJrtc
There are a few cut weapons/AA in this video Link.

and in this video Link. there is allot of guns that didn't make it in but it seems to be some gun that shot orange lighting bolts almost did, I presume it would have been some sort of automatic shotgun that is weaker than a normal shotgun.
Quote:
Why 343, why.....
Time constraints :( It seems the Suppressor is more a counter part to the SMG than the AR
Quote:
I bet 343 is gonna go ham sandwich with halo 5. So much more content will be allowed especially with the Xbox one. I'm so excited for it, I bet more weapons will make a return, more vehicles will be added including both human aircraft, possible large scale space battles possibly, maybe even a possible (the idea that gets me the craziest!) terrain editor.

I got 3 words for you.
Next. Gen. Consoles.
The Xbox One is a joke, first off.

Add that to the fact that Halo has gotten worse with every release (especially with what 343i has done to it) and its not very exciting. I want my beloved arena shooter back, not this Call of Duty BS.
Quote:
Quote:

I got 3 words for you.
Next. Gen. Consoles.

Add that to the fact that Halo has gotten worse with every release (especially with what 343i has done to it) and its not very exciting. I want my beloved arena shooter back, not this Call of Duty BS.
I'd like to know why
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I got 3 words for you.
Next. Gen. Consoles.

I'd like to know why
Its a joke because its an expensive TV box. Whatever happened to video games? Microsoft has taken the casual approach and is selling all the media horsecrap along with the entire system. Sony failed with Move. What does Sony do? They drop Move and start focusing on the content of their video games. Microsoft fails with Kinect? So they decide to integrate it into the Xbox One console, and apparently every Xbox One game is going to have some sort of Kinect feature. Ridiculous.

Now I understand that a lot of you are Halo fanboys, past or present, and "Playstation" is a dirty word and the Xbox is the holy grail of gaming. But guess what? I'm just as much as a halo fan as any of you all. And I know a blatant ripoff when I see one. The Xbox One isn't about the video games anymore. It's about gimmicks, social media,Netflix, all this garbage that real gamers never care about. Sure, include this stuff because some people love it. But when you stop focusing on the "gaming" aspect? That's when you've crossed a important line. At least for me.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I got 3 words for you.
Next. Gen. Consoles.

I'd like to know why
Its a joke because its an expensive TV box. Whatever happened to video games? Microsoft has taken the casual approach and is selling all the media horsecrap along with the entire system. Sony failed with Move. What does Sony do? They drop Move and start focusing on the content of their video games. Microsoft fails with Kinect? So they decide to integrate it into the Xbox One console, and apparently every Xbox One game is going to have some sort of Kinect feature. Ridiculous.

Now I understand that a lot of you are Halo fanboys, past or present, and "Playstation" is a dirty word and the Xbox is the holy grail of gaming. But guess what? I'm just as much as a halo fan as any of you all. And I know a blatant ripoff when I see one. The Xbox One isn't about the video games anymore. It's about gimmicks, social media,Netflix, all this garbage that real gamers never care about. Sure, include this stuff because some people love it. But when you stop focusing on the "gaming" aspect? That's when you've crossed a important line. At least for me.
You do know the Xbox One is as much a gaming machine as it is an entertainment machine right?
I think the smg turned into the saw when i think about it.
-Falcon
-Several sets of arm and leg armour
-Stasis Gun
-
Quote:
-Falcon
-Several sets of arm and leg armour
-Stasis Gun
-
In this image we can see them

It's sad if time constraints are the reason
The old Marine helmet looked a lot better.
In the Art of Halo 4 you can see what all could have been.

You can also see how the Mantis originally looked with boosters for it to hover
Look at the upper right HUD! It says ARK-PAK, Hmmmmm?
Quote:

I got 3 words for you.
Next. Gen. Consoles.
I just hope when they do, it's a good thing. For Microsofts sake of getting more Xbone sells. Not saying I'm entirely limited to Halo 5 just for Xbone, but I see no reason to purchase this console pronto..
"Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
Donquixote Doflamingo
Quote:
You do know the Xbox One is as much a gaming machine as it is an entertainment machine right?
Precisely why I'm not interested in it.

I have a PC, an internet connection, a phone, I own music and DVDs. I HAVE entertainment. Give me a console and games to play on it. That's all I want.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2