Halo 4's campaign is NOT that bad

OP Briageniusfreak

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
I like Halo 4's campaign with its story and characters for the most part, I thought the relationship between Chief and Cortana is some of the best that I have ever seen and it's still sad for me to see Cortana die, the Didact, while he has a cool design IMO, his presence felt like lacking a bit, his motivations are understandable, tho we really never got a proper boss fight of him, that would have been cool, but too bad 343i killed him off like that, would have been cool to see him in Halo 5, but nope, so all in all, I didn't think Halo 4's campaign is not all that bad, and it certainly has its good moments
I'm with you, the Halo 4 campaign did not surpass Halo 2, and effects needed tweaking, but it was enjoyable, graphics were stunning, story was very intriguing, a lot of upgrades, and by far the most interactive since the first 3 games. There was more to explore and much to do, including the terminals and Easter eggs, the Diadect design of character and appearance was very interesting, but the most important component that tied the whole thing together was the connection between the Chief and Cortana. We've seen 117 and Cortana helping each other, protecting each other, but Halo 4 gave us a more stronger connection that seemed very close to love, and gamers are able to care more for them. The personalities where obviously though out thoroughly., it gave the primary object of the game to be more than just fighting aliens and stopping doomsday devices. Overall, Halo 4 was amazing as 343's first attempt at a Halo game.
Spoiler:
Show
I'm with you, the Halo 4 campaign did not surpass Halo 2, and effects needed tweaking, but it was enjoyable, graphics were stunning, story was very intriguing, a lot of upgrades, and by far the most interactive since the first 3 games. There was more to explore and much to do, including the terminals and Easter eggs, the Diadect design of character and appearance was very interesting, but the most important component that tied the whole thing together was the connection between the Chief and Cortana. We've seen 117 and Cortana helping each other, protecting each other, but Halo 4 gave us a more stronger connection that seemed very close to love, and gamers are able to care more for them. The personalities where obviously though out thoroughly., it gave the primary object of the game to be more than just fighting aliens and stopping doomsday devices. Overall, Halo 4 was amazing as 343's first attempt at a Halo game.
Spoiler:
Show
It's a shame that not everyone appreciate its art, and then we have Halo 5's campaign, which is by far the worst Halo campaign that I have played
Yeah, the Halo 4 campaign was pretty good and deserves more recognition than a lot of the fans give. The story took us somewhere completely new and where we had always wanted to be; a forerunner planet. I bought the art book and still go through it, and although it may no be in the same direction Bungie had, the style brought a new atmosphere and gravity. The writing was also very well put together, if only like you said with a few exceptions in it. I just wish that Halo went back to the trilogy's story telling though.
Boolarya wrote:
Yeah, the Halo 4 campaign was pretty good and deserves more recognition than a lot of the fans give. The story took us somewhere completely new and where we had always wanted to be; a forerunner planet. I bought the art book and still go through it, and although it may no be in the same direction Bungie had, the style brought a new atmosphere and gravity. The writing was also very well put together, if only like you said with a few exceptions in it. I just wish that Halo went back to the trilogy's story telling though.
Yeah, Halo 4's campaign is not that bad
Spoiler:
Show
Gameplay wise other halo games are much better IMO. It has many awesome and memorable moments that make me return to the game every now and then and each level feels much different from the other one, which is a really good thing. The problem that I have with Halo 4's Campaign Gameplay wise is that it lacks freedom. I can't explain it. I just feel like the game gives you no options on how to pass through a section, while in previous Halo games you had the option to fully choose your strategy. Take the double Scarab battle from Halo 3's mission "The Covenant" as an example. You could engage the Scarabs with a Hornet, with your tank, with a Ghost, even on foot! The posibillities were infinite.

Although, story wise, Halo 4 is one of the best Halo games (if not the best) till now and a step to the right direction IMO. The relationship between Chief and Cortana proved that Chief isn't a heartless robot takeing orders and really cares about what will happen to Cortana. Also, the character development is really interesting for every single character and the ending was one of the saddest in the Halo Saga alongside Reach's.
In my opinion every Halo have ha fantstic story and epic campain. Halo 4 has a cool campain and the Didact is a very bad -Yoink- enemy and the epilogue scene and speech was very epic. But in my opionion I miss a epic battle, because the Didact would be defeated in an qick time event. I know he dies in escalation would be worser for me. In my opinion Halo 4 have the weakest campain weaker than the Halo 5 campaign. But hmmm yeah its ha hard question because I love all Halo campaign and stories also then the of Halo 4 ;D
Halo 4 is one of my favorite campaigns. I know it's one of the most underrated and hated campaigns but the campaign as many great elements to it. I know the reasons why people didn't like it and I can name many but come on, that was 343's first try at the campaign and I thought they did a good job for a first timer. My reasons why I loved the campaign is mainly because It was based around master chief and it was so emotional with Cortana and all, the whole feeling of the campaign and story were so touching.
I like Halo 4's campaign with its story and characters for the most part, I thought the relationship between Chief and Cortana is some of the best that I have ever seen and it's still sad for me to see Cortana die, the Didact, while he has a cool design IMO, his presence felt like lacking a bit, his motivations are understandable, tho we really never got a proper boss fight of him, that would have been cool, but too bad 343i killed him off like that, would have been cool to see him in Halo 5, but nope, so all in all, I didn't think Halo 4's campaign is not all that bad, and it certainly has its good moments
agree
Themaras10 wrote:
Spoiler:
Show
Gameplay wise other halo games are much better IMO. It has many awesome and memorable moments that make me return to the game every now and then and each level feels much different from the other one, which is a really good thing. The problem that I have with Halo 4's Campaign Gameplay wise is that it lacks freedom. I can't explain it. I just feel like the game gives you no options on how to pass through a section, while in previous Halo games you had the option to fully choose your strategy. Take the double Scarab battle from Halo 3's mission "The Covenant" as an example. You could engage the Scarabs with a Hornet, with your tank, with a Ghost, even on foot! The posibillities were infinite.

Although, story wise, Halo 4 is one of the best Halo games (if not the best) till now and a step to the right direction IMO. The relationship between Chief and Cortana proved that Chief isn't a heartless robot takeing orders and really cares about what will happen to Cortana. Also, the character development is really interesting for every single character and the ending was one of the saddest in the Halo Saga alongside Reach's.
Yup, so I don't think Halo 4 should get so much hate, gameplay is not the best, but story-wise, it's still one of the best in the entire series
Schwaenky wrote:
In my opinion every Halo have ha fantstic story and epic campain. Halo 4 has a cool campain and the Didact is a very bad -Yoink- enemy and the epilogue scene and speech was very epic. But in my opionion I miss a epic battle, because the Didact would be defeated in an qick time event. I know he dies in escalation would be worser for me. In my opinion Halo 4 have the weakest campain weaker than the Halo 5 campaign. But hmmm yeah its ha hard question because I love all Halo campaign and stories also then the of Halo 4 ;D
That's totally fine, tho I didn't like the execution of Halo 5's campaign, tho gameplay is better in Halo 5
GOLD 4 wrote:
Halo 4 is one of my favorite campaigns. I know it's one of the most underrated and hated campaigns but the campaign as many great elements to it. I know the reasons why people didn't like it and I can name many but come on, that was 343's first try at the campaign and I thought they did a good job for a first timer. My reasons why I loved the campaign is mainly because It was based around master chief and it was so emotional with Cortana and all, the whole feeling of the campaign and story were so touching.
Yup, it was 343i's first story-telling campaign, I think it did a good job for it being a first timer
Halo 4's campaign was fine. (It's halo 5's that really sucks)
Halo 4's campaign was fine. (It's halo 5's that really sucks)
Sucks that we won't be able to see the original Halo 5 story concepts because of so many complained about Halo 4's story
I -Yoinking!- loved Halo 4's campaign. Multiplayer was lacking, but we're not here to talk about that. Master Chief was made human in Halo 4. 343 really made us realize he isn't some machine that can't be stopped. He has emotions. And Cortana's death was some of the most emotion I felt for a Halo game along with the soundtrack. It was a flawed game with an amazing story.
VexHax wrote:
I -Yoinking!- loved Halo 4's campaign. Multiplayer was lacking, but we're not here to talk about that. Master Chief was made human in Halo 4. 343 really made us realize he isn't some machine that can't be stopped. He has emotions. And Cortana's death was some of the most emotion I felt for a Halo game along with the soundtrack. It was a flawed game with an amazing story.
Exactly
The level design and gameplay was the worst and the story direction was ridiculous. Too many questions left unawnsered. I do appreciate 343s effort though because after bungie left they probably didnt know how to handle it.
The level design and gameplay was the worst and the story direction was ridiculous. Too many questions left unawnsered. I do appreciate 343s effort though because after bungie left they probably didnt know how to handle it.
How's Chief and Cortana's relationship in the campaign ridiculous?
I feel the art design of Halo 4 is excellent, especially when playing 1080p on the MCC. The story was good, the highlight being Chief & Cortana's relationship. The forerunner stuff was difficult for people to understand if they haven't looked into the expanded universe.

I did reel the Didact was a little bit wasted and a proper boss fight would have seen a better conclusion.
Halo 4's campaign was superb. The problem is (I think) that people let their hatred of Halo 4's multiplayer overflow and it negatively affected their opinion of the campaign. They may have liked the campaign, but didn't want to be torn between liking one part of Halo 4 while disliking another. They'd rather have a simple, binary opinion on the game as a whole, so they looked at the things they didn't like about the campaign until they learned to hate it, if that makes sense.

It's a kind of phenomena I've seen in sorts of media, not just games. I just wish I had a more clear way of explaining it, maybe even a single word to name this sort of event.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6