OP Briageniusfreak

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
Gameplay wise other halo games are much better IMO. It has many awesome and memorable moments that make me return to the game every now and then and each level feels much different from the other one, which is a really good thing. The problem that I have with Halo 4's Campaign Gameplay wise is that it lacks freedom. I can't explain it. I just feel like the game gives you no options on how to pass through a section, while in previous Halo games you had the option to fully choose your strategy. Take the double Scarab battle from Halo 3's mission "The Covenant" as an example. You could engage the Scarabs with a Hornet, with your tank, with a Ghost, even on foot! The posibillities were infinite.Although, story wise, Halo 4 is one of the best Halo games (if not the best) till now and a step to the right direction IMO. The relationship between Chief and Cortana proved that Chief isn't a heartless robot takeing orders and really cares about what will happen to Cortana. Also, the character development is really interesting for every single character and the ending was one of the saddest in the Halo Saga alongside Reach's.
moggie68 wrote:
Gameplay wise other halo games are much better IMO. It has many awesome and memorable moments that make me return to the game every now and then and each level feels much different from the other one, which is a really good thing. The problem that I have with Halo 4's Campaign Gameplay wise is that it lacks freedom. I can't explain it. I just feel like the game gives you no options on how to pass through a section, while in previous Halo games you had the option to fully choose your strategy. Take the double Scarab battle from Halo 3's mission "The Covenant" as an example. You could engage the Scarabs with a Hornet, with your tank, with a Ghost, even on foot! The posibillities were infinite.Although, story wise, Halo 4 is one of the best Halo games (if not the best) till now and a step to the right direction IMO. The relationship between Chief and Cortana proved that Chief isn't a heartless robot takeing orders and really cares about what will happen to Cortana. Also, the character development is really interesting for every single character and the ending was one of the saddest in the Halo Saga alongside Reach's.
cool
moggie68 wrote:
I completely agree! Halo 4 and now worse on Halo 5 have very limited spaces. You could get lost in Halo CE and 3. It's getting too linear and structured for my liking. I miss those scarab "boss battles" and trying to take out one of those beasts all on your own! I hope they can look back at Halo 3 and Reach in order to come up with more open maps to explore and adventure in.
moggie68 wrote:
I completely agree! Halo 4 and now worse on Halo 5 have very limited spaces. You could get lost in Halo CE and 3. It's getting too linear and structured for my liking. I miss those scarab "boss battles" and trying to take out one of those beasts all on your own! I hope they can look back at Halo 3 and Reach in order to come up with more open maps to explore and adventure in.
Halo 3 and Reach are certainly my favorite in the series
moggie68 wrote:
Right! Such good stories! And those missions are so replayable!
moggie68 wrote:
Right! Such good stories! And those missions are so replayable!
But I thought Halo 4's characterization is one of the best in the series, IMO
Halo 4 is my favourite Halo and I've gotten death threats by admitting it.
TRITONK175 wrote:
Halo 4 is my favourite Halo and I've gotten death threats by admitting it.
Halo 4 is like my second or third favorite in terms of story telling
I love Halo 4. The Campaign and MP are not bad at all.
I love Halo 4. The Campaign and MP are not bad at all.
That's cool
I thought Halo 4's campaign was excellent. I put off playing it for the longest time since I played the multiplayer first and it left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth. When I went back and played it, I was surprised at how good it was.

It's pretty strange how 343's first stab at the franchise resulted in a great campaign but bad multiplayer but Halo 5 was the other way around. A bad campaign but great multiplayer. Honestly, the base mechanics in Halo 4 are pretty good. It had a lot of potential and the controls felt very tight. It was stuff like loadouts and ordanance that dragged it down.
Mr JasD wrote:
I thought Halo 4's campaign was excellent. I put off playing it for the longest time since I played the multiplayer first and it left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth. When I went back and played it, I was surprised at how good it was.

It's pretty strange how 343's first stab at the franchise resulted in a great campaign but bad multiplayer but Halo 5 was the other way around. A bad campaign but great multiplayer. Honestly, the base mechanics in Halo 4 are pretty good. It had a lot of potential and the controls felt very tight. It was stuff like loadouts and ordanance that dragged it down.
I will say that the multiplayer and the gameplay itself is the worst of the whole package, but the campaign has one of the best story telling and voice acting too and great depth in the characters.
I wouldn't say it was better than Halo 3 or Halo 2, but it's probably my third favourite in the series. I just liked how it was more fast paced, and it gave chief character that he needed.
I wouldn't say it was better than Halo 3 or Halo 2, but it's probably my third favourite in the series. I just liked how it was more fast paced, and it gave chief character that he needed.
Yeah, it's not that bad
Yeah compare to the previous titles...it stood no chance but at least it still better than 5
BloodyHalf wrote:
Yeah compare to the previous titles...it stood no chance but at least it still better than 5
Yeah
I just finished Halo 4 in MCC tonight for the first time, did play some of it at launch but fell off for some reason. but I have to say I was very impressed by the story. this games story is so underrated its crazy. The game had really epic moments, the relationship between Chief and Cortana was great and it fits in quite well with the first 3 games and IMHO is a natural progression to the overall arc to the series. and also don't quite get the hate at the Prometheans, to me their role is to fill the role the flood had in the older games just they are not that aggressive compared to the flood. IDK where Halo 5's story went wrong but it did. I played Halo 5 before Halo 4 but even after playing Halo 4 I hate Halo 5 and it has the worst story out of all the Halos. 343i needs to go back to what made the story in 4 great with 6. they need to retcon 5, thats how bad I hate 5's story.

This is my third favorite Halo now :)

List of Halo games for me now from most to least favorite.

1. Halo 3
  2. Reach
  3. Halo 4
  4. Halo 2
  5. Halo: CE
  6. ODST
  7. Halo 5 (the worst!!)
Tohur wrote:
I just finished Halo 4 in MCC tonight for the first time, did play some of it at launch but fell off for some reason. but I have to say I was very impressed by the story. this games story is so underrated its crazy. The game had really epic moments, the relationship between Chief and Cortana was great and it fits in quite well with the first 3 games and IMHO is a natural progression to the overall arc to the series. and also don't quite get the hate at the Prometheans, to me their role is to fill the role the flood had in the older games just they are not that aggressive compared to the flood. IDK where Halo 5's story went wrong but it did. I played Halo 5 before Halo 4 but even after playing Halo 4 I hate Halo 5 and it has the worst story out of all the Halos. 343i needs to go back to what made the story in 4 great with 6. they need to retcon 5, thats how bad I hate 5's story.

This is my third favorite Halo now :)

List of Halo games for me now from most to least favorite.

1. Halo 3
  2. Reach
  3. Halo 4
  4. Halo 2
  5. Halo: CE
  6. ODST
  7. Halo 5 (the worst!!)
nice, the thing that I don't like about the Prometheans is that if you look at the crawlers, they're a really weird enemy and they're everywhere and they like scurry all over the place, the watchers are annoying to kill, but it can be done, but the worst of them all are the Knights, these are the worst parts of the game for me, because they're unpredictable and they teleport like crazy especially on higher difficulty and it's not fun to shoot them, like it did with the flood, now say what you want about the flood, the thing is that, they're easy to kill even tho on higher difficulty they can take a coupe of shots, they don't scurry away off screen or teleport, but the story is the strongest point as well as the characters, and the character models, i have no problems with, aside from 1 or 2 of the Prometheans
Not bad, not the best, and definitely better than Halo 5's.
Not bad, not the best, and definitely better than Halo 5's.
yup
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5