Forums / Games / Halo 4

Help! Xbox one S back compat

OP LightCello88724

Hi good day..
Question: i just bought my xbox one s brand new then purchased a second hand original xbox 360 game halo 4 (two discs) because i thought and according to the list of backwards compat games from xbox 360, it is compatible... But when i inserted the disc one, it says "this game can't play here" then prompt me to the website of xbox to check the compatibility lists of games. And when i checked, halo 4 is indeed on the list. How's that? Anybody else here experienced the same thing? What did you guys do? Thanks for answering in advance.
Install disk 2, then disk2,just as the 360 install
Then go under games and apps and finish installing map packs
Thanks brother! But same result. It says "this game isnt playable here". I guess it still isnt or the console that i bought isnt updated yet.
Strange, this shouldn't be an issue as I have an xbox one s and H4 which doenloaded fine. Not sure what the issue is OP, hard reset your xbox and try again maybe? Disk might be scratched?
Thanks brother! But same result. It says "this game isnt playable here". I guess it still isnt or the console that i bought isnt updated yet.
You only need to insert the first disc for your Xbox to start the Halo 4 download. Also, like you said, make sure your console’s updated before you try to install the game. If that doesn’t work, do a hard reset as suggested above. Lastly, make sure your disc is as clean as possible. It doesn’t need to be perfect for the One to recognize the game to start downloading it, but it needs to be in good condition.
tuhin94 wrote:
You only need to insert the first disc for your Xbox to start the Halo 4 download. Also, like you said, make sure your console’s updated before you try to install the game. If that doesn’t work, do a hard reset as suggested above. Lastly, make sure your disc is as clean as possible. It doesn’t need to be perfect for the One to recognize the game to start downloading it, but it needs to be in good condition.
Thanks! I dont know what miracle happened last night it worked. Im done installing the disc one and works fine. But when i inserted the 2nd disc, it still says "this game isnt playable here". Is it still necessary to install disc 2 or disc 1 is already enough? Because it requires me to insert the disc all the time. :)
tuhin94 wrote:
Thanks! I dont know what miracle happened last night it worked. Im done installing the disc one and works fine. But when i inserted the 2nd disc, it still says "this game isnt playable here". Is it still necessary to install disc 2 or disc 1 is already enough? Because it requires me to insert the disc all the time. :)
You don’t need disc 2. It contains the multiplayer portion of Halo 4 since 360 games used DVDs and one disc was not enough to store all the data. Since the Xbox One downloads all the required files from a server anyway, all you need is disc 1 as verification that you own the game and your Xbox takes care of the rest.
tuhin94 wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
You don’t need disc 2. It contains the multiplayer portion of Halo 4 since 360 games used DVDs and one disc was not enough to store all the data. Since the Xbox One downloads all the required files from a server anyway, all you need is disc 1 as verification that you own the game and your Xbox takes care of the rest.
Thank you so much sir! You're a great help. :) all of you here. 😎
tuhin94 wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
Thank you so much sir! You're a great help. :) all of you here. 😎
You’re welcome :-) Hope you’re able to get everything up and running well on your One!