Forums / Games / Halo 4

How hard is Spartan Ops solo legendary?

OP AngusBeef725

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I'm a bit of an obsessive completionist, and I've decided this is gonna be the next thing I tackle with this game, for no other reason than I think having 50/50 ops completed on solo and coop would look legit. Basically I just wanna know what I'm getting myself into. Has anyone else done this? If so, how hard was it and about how long should I expect to spend doing this?
All Spartan Ops episodes are moderately hard on Legendary. Apex is the only mission I had trouble with.
It's not too bad.

Unless of coarse there are 4-5 elites with fuel rod cannons waiting for you to poke your head out.
I don't know if they fixed this, but at least when they released Spartan Ops, you could just start an episode on Legendary, then immediately quit, and it would count as completed for some reason. That's how I did all of them and got the solo-legendary achievement in addition to all the others for just completing them.

Of course you'll have to go back for some of the specific ones like keeping the marines alive, but eh.

EDIT: Oh wait, this is Halo 4, not MCC. Unless you're talking about Halo 4 in MCC. Not sure if this works in the original 360 version.
It's not so difficult at all and consider about 40 minutes for each chapter. The best chapter i played since today is shoutout in valhalla. Have a nice fun
Spartan Ops on Legendary is fairly moderate. Plus there no limit to the number of times you can die and you just respawn near to where you died so you can just carry on the mission.
Now the gate has been unlatched, headstones pushed aside. Corpses shift and offer room, a fate you must abide.
If you play Spartan Ops Solo Legendary in a serious tone like I did, being strategic and trying not to die, it can become incredibly difficult at times, but worth the challenge in the end. If you don't care about dying alot, as Phil Mitchell62 stated, it's fairly moderate. So the question then is do you want to challenge yourself or just get the levels done and over with on Solo Legendary?

Edit: Tips to help you if you want a challenge on Legendary Solo Spartan Ops:
-Use Autosentry as a distraction/sniping backup/enemy detector
-Use a precision weapon
-Use either plasma or pulse grenades, stay away from frag grenades
-Use Shielding and Dexterity to help shields recharge slightly faster as well as faster reload speed
-Learn to strafe if you don't know how
-Be thoughtful of the situation and try to handle it in a strategic matter
-Sneak and assassinate when possible
Any mission that has large numbers of Knights and few heavy weapons can be a pain on legendary. Go for the crawlers and watchers first. Watch out because the Knights will often teleport behind you or away from you if you break their shield. Legendary is for Halo Ninjas... Respect
I've done episodes 1-5 solo legendary, most of the other chapters solo legendary at some point also.

I liked Spops a lot better than most. They're a lot of fun, just be sure to equip ammo armor mod and abuse the ammo crates. Happy hunting.
Good luck...
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text
Spoiler:
Show
It is the worst kind of difficulty. I kept dying, and kept respawning at the same point. There is unlimited lives, and no penalty for death, but all of the enemies are quite difficult.
Well, all I can tell you is...'Watch your back.'
Good luck mate!
Some points of Spartan Ops are "funny". Right now don't know which one I remember which was as difficult as f**k, there were a lot of Prometheans all around the map. It was tough.
Here's a link to encouraging you.
Good luck...
...doing Episode 5: Chapter 1.
not too much of a competition
Just like campaign, patience and correct weapon selection, and you will be fine.
Normal itself is pretty hard...
It's quite simple, once you've finished both seasons in Normal, if you take your time to investigate how the maps are structured, the weapon crates/heavy weapons/special vehicles locations, and the enemy spawns, it's not that difficult. There'll be times where you'll have to think outside of the box and use certain loadouts (Precision weapons, energy weapons (For shields), Jet packs (For those levels with multiple platforms, or the snowy mini-base with the bunch of switches and constantly spawning enemies that you can simply skip) and such).
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2