Forums / Games / Halo 4

How hard is Spartan Ops solo legendary?

OP AngusBeef725

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Pretty easy don't sweat it. Co-op is more fun though.
I did it legendary solo, took like 20 hours though. Hard part was when there were a group of elites or knights. Best thing to do was use a loadout with plasma pistol and a br to basically suicide yourself and keep gettign 1 kill at a time until you can handle the pack.
It is hard, i admit, but the game becomes easier when you play with strategy and being patience, not being a kamikaze explosive. Tough parts are the groups of elites with concussion or fuel rods, or the knights with incineration cannon or scattershot, these guys can piss you off quicker than flash, but if you have plasma pistol and grenades, you can take them down easily, likewise using precision rifles like battle or dmr.
I had some luck running ammo with either a dmr or br
I try to do it with human weapons only with jetpacks, thrusterpacks and other human equipment. It get pretty hard even on heroic.
is awesome...
There's only ONE Spartan Ops Mission I have EVER had trouble with on Legendary and that's the mission where I have to defend the two transmission receivers.
There's only ONE Spartan Ops Mission I have EVER had trouble with on Legendary and that's the mission where I have to defend the two transmission receivers.
It all depends on how experienced you are in spartan ops and the game in general. Also the mission your talking about is EPISODE 5 Chapter 1 Spartan Miller just did that today solo and the only two things that I can be said is my goodness and good luck that is one of the only mission i know of that you can actually fail in.
The Apex episode was a Nightmare.
From my experience with it, it can be tough if you don't prioritize your targets and don't pay attention to your surroundings. Having a loadout with each variant of precision weapon also helps as if there is an ammo crate on the map, you can refill your precision weapon back up time and time again or give yourself additional ammo by selecting it from the beginning (If there are weapon crates with said ammo). Speaking of ammo, the Ammo Support Upgrade can help if you still find yourself running out of ammo quick.

I find that these loadouts help out alot:

-Primary Weapon: Covenant Carbine
-Secondary Weapon: Plasma Pistol
-Grenade: Plasma Grenade
-Armor Ability: Hardlight Shield
-Tactical Package: Shielding
-Support Upgrade: Ammo

-Primary Weapon: DMR
-Secondary Weapon: Magnum
-Grenade: Plasma Grenade
-Armor Ability: Autosentry (It fires faster in Spartan Ops that it does in Matchmaking and is a portable Sniper as it has a long detection range)
-Tactical Package: Shielding
-Support Upgrade: Dexterity

-Primary Weapon: Lightrifle
-Grenade: Pulse Grenade
-Armor Ability: Thruster Pack
-Tactical Package: Grenadier
-Support Upgrade: Dexterity

-Primary Weapon: Battle Rifle
-Grenade: Fragmentation Grenade
-Armor Ability: Regeneration Field
-Tactical Package: Mobility
-Support Upgrade: Stability

Basically with Covenant Enemies, if you aren't dealing with vehicles, using precision weapons helps alot and keep your distance whenever possible. This is the priority from top to bottom with these guys by keeping a good distance:

• Snipers (Both Elite and Jackal Variants)
  • Jackals
  • Grunts
  • Elites
  • Hunters
If you pace your shots and save your grenades for defensive manuevers incase you get rushed, you will find that you won't die as much and although a bit more time consuming, you won't have as much of a stressful time. As for the Forerunner Constructs, once again, keeping your distance when possible is idealy the best solution, and I would recommend killing them in the following order of importance from top to bottom.

• Watcher
  • Crawler
  • Knight
In doing that, Watchers will be killed from a distance first, preventing Knights from being resurrected, and with killing the Crawlers at a distance before a Knight, you will prevent Hoardes of these death-doggies from rushing you when you make the Knights your priority. I've noticed that if you attack a Knight first, Crawlers seem to have an increased tendency of rushing you as a large group compared to when you make them a priority first, where they usually rush in smaller numbers, making them more manageable.

The idea now is with these large enemies (Elites, Hunters, and Knights) once the rest is done is where paying attention to your surroundings help. If your secondary weapon was a magnum, I would strongly suggest learning how to hit enemies with it at a long distance, so you can take out as many of the small fry with it first, as when you then find a power weapon, you can then swap and save it for these larger enemies, while still having your precision weapon to use. If you pick up a Sniper Rifle variant, I can say make an exception in this case, and use it to kill the Elites and Knights (As long as there are no Watchers) as soon as you can from a distance, and if you need to do the trick where you eat their shield with the sniper rifle and quick switch to a precision weapon and hit them in the head, then that works.

Other Power Weapons will make it like a game of cat and mouse as you then will have to carefully move in, and melee based weapons as well as shotgun based weapons on Legendary Difficulty are not recommended for these larger enemies unless you burnt through all other ammo pools.

Now enemy vehicles can be troublesome if you do not have a vehicle yourself, which is why once again, paying attention to your surroundings helps alot, or if you have a plasma pistol and you can rinse and repeat EMP it until you get upto it to hijack it. If you intend to hijack a Wraith, pick off the Elite in the Gunner Turret first from a good distance. If you have a Scorpion Tank, you can use it to snipe from a distance as needed as well to prevent unnecessary damage being done to it. Most importantly, do take care to take cover as needed to let your shields recharge. As I remember a quote from an old Halo 2 Youtube video 'You are not Rambo; More Enemies = You're Dead.' Hopefully this helps out.
They are more anoying than hard.
I'm a bit of an obsessive completionist, and I've decided this is gonna be the next thing I tackle with this game, for no other reason than I think having 50/50 ops completed on solo and coop would look legit. Basically I just wanna know what I'm getting myself into. Has anyone else done this? If so, how hard was it and about how long should I expect to spend doing this?
i try to complete in solo on the mcc but is inpossible and now i work with my friend for finish it
Not terribly hard since there are no check points, which means you never have to kill the same enemy twice. Once its dead its dead. Promethean Knights suck and are the hardest to kill.
Just finished it on MCC. Its not hard, but it is quite tedious. I didn't realize until after doing Spartan Miller the hard way that knights could be noob combo'd. I just ran through with my matchmaking loadout; DMR/UNSC Pistol/Frag. I would highly recommend DMR/Plasma Pistol/Sticky.
I'm a bit of an obsessive completionist, and I've decided this is gonna be the next thing I tackle with this game, for no other reason than I think having 50/50 ops completed on solo and coop would look legit. Basically I just wanna know what I'm getting myself into. Has anyone else done this? If so, how hard was it and about how long should I expect to spend doing this?
I had done about two and a half episodes co-op legendary I wanted 2 finish it on legendary and did it myself solo for the rest which took me about two days, the day before xmas finished it xmas day 2018. I think doing all them in one go on legendary is abit much two days with dedication it's the average time. I didn't think it was any harder than campaign imo it's easier because deaths don't restart from last checkpoint. There's a couple times that took longer than most dealing with some high ranking forerunners teaching you lessons x). What i can do 2 help is recommend my favourite loadout for this difficulty (legendary).

DMR (Range)
Plasma Pistol (Elites, knights)
Plasma Grenade (Easy sticky kills)
Promethean Vision (Radar can be unclear with many enemies)
Grenadier (Keep stickin em)
Ammo (A must)

Once I completed Spartan ops legendary I decided I should try using "Mobility" instead of "Grenadier" I found myself dying and spawning so far away from a couple missions I could use the unlimited sprint and sacrifice the extra grenades. I haven't tested the load out yet with swapping grenades for unlimited sprint but I have a feeling I'd like my unlimited sprint especially when playing for a long time in Spartan Ops, you can choose between the two but everything else I would personally not change, that's my recommendation for legendary difficulty :)
Oh btw try over charging with plasma pistol and sticking a knight after the over charge hits him and just spray the DMR in his face :) I actually haven't tested how decent the Light Rifle is compared with the DMR if it's something I missed? If it's no big deal the DMR should be your best choice :D
I just realised this is from 2015 oops.. I'm new on waypoint got confused with the activity oh well.. anyone else need help legendary especially solo look at my message above this one, hope it helps someone :)
The covenant Are okay and promethean are annoying
I would say pretty difficult, considering how many dang enemies there are in spartan ops and then there’s just you.
I guess it depends by your average level of skill. I bet for someone who completed the campaign on LASO it should be very easy. Also, if you consider that you can respawn unlimited times without losing any progress, with a good amount of patience every player who knows the basic weaknesses of the enemies could complete them.
Have a noob combo set up ready to go. Regardless of power it will destroy Elites
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3