OP RynoForceMinion

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
It’d a very dumb-downed Halo game, if you play Battlefield or CoD then this one is the easiest to get into. Story is simple, graphics are very ‘blocky’ and ‘lego-ish’ in gameplay, but the cutscenes are gorgeous. The prometheans and their weapons add an interesting element but you will either love them or hate them.
halo 4 is the best.
Halo 4 is unique. It seems to be focused on allowing all players to experience the full sandbox with a little time. You eventually unlock the ability to pick and use all the loadout weapons, and you get to pick a bunch of little things that tweek stats a bit to match the way you want to play. It's fun experimenting and doing random things. The problem is that a lot of people look at halo as this measure of competition, and well halo 4 was just too random for that crowd. Now that halo 5 is out and halo 4 has room to breathe I think it has actually improved as a game. It's more relaxed fun and random than many of the other halo games. You get a chance to play with all the guns even if you don't memorize all the spawns. It's a good halo game, it's just different from the others.
Personally, I think Halo 4 was a great game considering it was 343i's first Halo game. I appreciated the campaign because it brought more development to Cortana's character, however certain new characters needed more insight. Many have said that the matchmaking wasn't as good but enjoyed the new load out system. Matchmaking took too far of a step away from the original trilogy style, and we all know the Halo 2 mm brought Xbox Live into popular demand. Overall I think Halo 4 is meant to be judged more personally since it really brings in new concepts never experienced in the Halo universe. If you have not played the game, I'd say play it then go with what you think.
Halo 4 was 343's second game, their first was Halo CE Anniversary, and THAT was their worst game. Halo 4 is their second best game IMO.
it varies from person to person but i think generally its an ok game.
It's a good video game, but a bad halo game. People like the story (I don't because it -Yoink- on both bungie's lore and the book lore, not to mention the dialogue was cringe worthy. I'm almost positive this game will not age well.), but the game play was dumbed down , the art is crap compared to the og trilogy, spartan Ops is terrible compared to Reach's and even ODST's firefight, and the OST is disappointing. If you're looking for a good halo game strictly for it's multiplayer, you're best bet is Reach or maybe 3 if you're patient lol. Otherwise, the MCC is great for playing the campaigns (be warned, there are some bugs in the MCC though. The game's features rock but there are some coding issues).
"Good" is relative. I liked it alot.
Since it was my first Halo game, I really liked it but after playing the other titles Halo 4 felt kind of disappointing. In my opinion the multiplayer was trash but the campaign was pretty good.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we must ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text. Sorry for the inconvenience.
A mi parecer el juego no es malo claro que tuvo sus pro y sus encontra pero considero que es bueno ya que llego a rediseñar en muchos aspectos, creo que es un excelente halo con el cual muchos pueden empezar y es una manera de agarrarle gusto al juego y mucho más a toda la franquicia.
I think it was a great game. It had its issues for sure, but overall I had a lot of fun playing it. It felt like 343 was having fun with it, making up crazy game types such as Ricochet, Regicide, Stickyball, TurkeyBowl, or Smashing Pumpkins. Halo 5 feels so "try hard" in every match, even in the ones that are supposed to be relaxed.
Visually: Good
Multiplayer: Fun
Campaign: Nope. The Covenant was destroyed in Halo 3 so having them back in Halo 4 was stupid (In my opinion. I do like the Covenant, but the Covenant was broken at the end of Halo 3)
Spartan Ops: Oh Ya Baby! Playing as my own Spartan in missions, yes please.

I love the game, but not the point of the campaign.

8/10 Stars

Halo 3: 10

Halo 2: 8

Halo 1: 7

Halo Reach: 9.5

Halo ODST: 8
Ahp no. The covenant was still around. The flood was destroyed in Halo 3. What happened was a truce with the covenant. Learn to pay attention to the campaign. Jul M'Dama lives!!!
The Prophets all got killed and they were the start of the Covenant (When the Prophets brought together the Covenant). So when they died the Covenant's religion was broken, so if they are still around (as they are) they aren't really the "Covenant", more like a group of aliens races causing issues.
Halo 4 has an amazing and emotional story which easily makes this particular story my favorite than any other game in the series.
The soundtrack has it's fair share of memorable songs especially "117".
Spartan Ops was pretty cool and I'm glad it continued the story of Halo 4.
While Halo 5 has my favorite multiplayer Halo 4's was pretty fun for me. I get that a lot of people hate it and consider it the worst in the franchise because it deviated further from the original trilogy's multiplayer but I still loved it. After a long hiatus from this game's multiplayer I came back days ago and it still holds up for me personally.

My only issues with the game is that Spartan Ops tends to reuse maps in half of the missions, I was hoping we would see more maps and see more of Requiem. The other issue is the constant black screen I get in matches, it's annoying and slows things down. Other than that I still love the game and it's my favorite game in the series. I just wish Halo 5 was a proper sequel to Halo 4 in terms of story.
PotatoKilr wrote:
Personally, I think Halo 4 was a great game considering it was 343i's first Halo game. I appreciated the campaign because it brought more development to Cortana's character, however certain new characters needed more insight. Many have said that the matchmaking wasn't as good but enjoyed the new load out system. Matchmaking took too far of a step away from the original trilogy style, and we all know the Halo 2 mm brought Xbox Live into popular demand. Overall I think Halo 4 is meant to be judged more personally since it really brings in new concepts never experienced in the Halo universe. If you have not played the game, I'd say play it then go with what you think.
Halo 4 was 343's second game, their first was Halo CE Anniversary, and THAT was their worst game. Halo 4 is their second best game IMO.
And what's their first best?
Removing the element of strategy from the gameplay made campaign the the least fun to play in the series. It's just shooting everything from range with precision weapons. It's the only viable strategy. Anything else on Heroic or Legendary will either result in an instant melee death, or an overcharged plasma pistol flowed by more fire. The multiplayer is a nightmare. It's literally a Call of Duty rip off with loadouts, killstreaks, and perks. The best way to be good at Halo 4's multiplayer: spawn with a precision weapon and a bolt shot. I do however like Halo 4's non-competitive side of the multiplayer. Even Spartan Ops is disappointing! In Reach you can customize EVERYTHING in firefight from what weapons you use to the enemies you fight...but not in Spartan Ops. Not to mention the horrible art style. It's story is to over dramatic and i can see why some people may like it, but I'm not impressed.
Campaign: Nope. The Covenant was destroyed in Halo 3 so having them back in Halo 4 was stupid (In my opinion. I do like the Covenant, but the Covenant was broken at the end of Halo 3)

8/10 Stars

Ahp no. The covenant was still around. The flood was destroyed in Halo 3. What happened was a truce with the covenant. Learn to pay attention to the campaign. Jul M'Dama lives!!!
The Prophets all got killed and they were the start of the Covenant (When the Prophets brought together the Covenant). So when they died the Covenant's religion was broken, so if they are still around (as they are) they aren't really the "Covenant", more like a group of aliens races causing issues

8/10 Stars

The Prophets all got killed and they were the start of the Covenant (When the Prophets brought together the Covenant). So when they died the Covenant's religion was broken, so if they are still around (as they are) they aren't really the "Covenant", more like a group of aliens races causing issues.
True but still it was considered the covenant by the UNSC. Makin it the covenant.
I loved the game, it was my first halo game I played (only got Xbox in 2012, and my friends were all PlayStation) but multiplayer, in hindsight was not the best, but not the worst.

Edit: Halo 4 still remains one of my favorites.
I don't have Halo 4 and I just worked it out with one of my friends to borrow the games. I have heard good and bad (mostly bad) things about the game. I am excited to play for myself and beat it on legendary
curses you cheap teleporting promethians!
drabiter wrote:
PotatoKilr wrote:
And what's their first best?
did you not like the new graphincs on story? I did not like them either I love playing Halo CE (and 2 for that matter) on classic graphics no matter how often Nak3d Eli says ugly mode.
I don't have Halo 4 and I just worked it out with one of my friends to borrow the games. I have heard good and bad (mostly bad) things about the game. I am excited to play for myself and beat it on legendary
curses you cheap teleporting promethians!
Most people, specifically OT veterans, mainly compare Halo 4 and Halo 5 to the first Halo games. I agree the games are not as great as the OT, but as a game, in general, it is pretty good with a few issues. Prometheans were definitely a problem 343 fixed in Halo 5, but like I said it really depends on what you think of the game in general instead of comparing it.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5