Forums / Games / Halo 4

Should they reboot Halo 4 and start over ?

OP CrazyCheetah97

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I’ve been wanting to make this thread for a while now. I do think they should there’s absolutely no harm in doing that considering how much they changed they could make the game fresh by going back to the original art style still have a face-off against the forerunners but in a different way like for Existence the forerunners were the causes the flood out break so the majority of the forerunners decided to fire the rings and for punishment of what they did they decided to devolve them selves to restart but they were was a Civil War between the other forerunner who did not want to except this outcome So events happened they lost so they were imprisoned in the shield World to serve a long punishment and they were stuck in there till the master chief came. So that’s just one way they can reboot and this is just one way they can make humans forerunner again.

It’s like this you had a glass of water with Halo 4 that glass water gets murky with halo 5 even if halo 6 is good that water still going to somewhat be murky still so they should just dump it all out and start fresh with Joseph Staten as the writer 343 changed enough things where they could reboot it with a fresh luck with the original art style and storytelling I think it would be worth it in the long run to make it better because you’re always going to have that limp now because of halo 5 unless you restart over if I had the money millions and millions I would give 343 The money for free just to rebooted.

Tell me what you guys think post below.

P.S. 343 please bring back the original forerunner art style so I can die happy.
Hell no,
it's clear that the new trilogy they want to focus on the forerunner and on the master chief as a man, but at the same way Halo 5 was such a massive disappointment in it's story that I'm pretty sure that they are going to quickly dismiss the all "Cortana is evil" stuff to focus on what the players are really interested about: Saving the galaxy from a reborn Didact
Cleaning the franchise story after Halo 5 is something nearly impossible, but Halo 4 finished in such an epic way that rebooting the whole trilogy for a weak episode would be even worst
No.They put so many resources into and abaddoning it now would be a wasting.
Hell no,
it's clear that the new trilogy they want to focus on the forerunner and on the master chief as a man, but at the same way Halo 5 was such a massive disappointment in it's story that I'm pretty sure that they are going to quickly dismiss the all "Cortana is evil" stuff to focus on what the players are really interested about: Saving the galaxy from a reborn Didact
Cleaning the franchise story after Halo 5 is something nearly impossible, but Halo 4 finished in such an epic way that rebooting the whole trilogy for a weak episode would be even worst
Halo 5! It was a catastrophic failure story wise art style design doesn’t look good its lost its identity and halo 4 wasn’t that amazing if they made the art design for halo 4 for better more like the classic the game probably would’ve been better and it wasn’t as epic or memorable and Requiem they should’ve made it a Dyson sphere it would’ve looked so beautifu instead of a planet inside a Shell it’s all about design and art and halo 5 damaged it very badly so a reboot would be a good idea I think.
It’s better for the long term would you rather have a reboot with the solid plan or keep going on a direction where they keep winging it I Believe Frankie said they had no idea where the story was going once. And forget about the resources and how much work they done already if that wasn’t a factor at all would you want a reboot or do you want them to keep going with this messy situation that they’re in.
Hell no,
Halo 5! It was a catastrophic failure story wise art style design doesn’t look good its lost its identity and halo 4 wasn’t that amazing if they made the art design for halo 4 for better more like the classic the game probably would’ve been better and it wasn’t as epic or memorable and Requiem they should’ve made it a Dyson sphere it would’ve looked so beautifu instead of a planet inside a Shell it’s all about design and art and halo 5 damaged it very badly so a reboot would be a good idea I think.
Why do you think that we will not see Halo 6 this year?
343 is obliviously starting back from the scratch for it. They changed art director and writers, so it's clear that Halo 6 will be far away from the disaster that was Halo 5
Hell no,
343 is obliviously starting back from the scratch for it. They changed art director and writers, so it's clear that Halo 6 will be far away from the disaster that was Halo 5
Where did you hear them say they changed Art director i would like to know? And I still don’t believe they’ve gone back to the original forerunner art style
Hell no,
Where did you hear them say they changed Art director i would like to know? And I still don’t believe they’ve gone back to the original forerunner art style
Can i link an external site? Anyway it's the same guy that worked for Halo Wars 2
https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/7gpaoq/343_industries_hires_halo_wars_2_veteran_as_new/
No, I'm tired of Prometheans and want something else for H6.
See the top comment from Grim in that thread. Jeremy is 'a' art director, not 'the' art director.
It’s better for the long term would you rather have a reboot with the solid plan or keep going on a direction where they keep winging it I Believe Frankie said they had no idea where the story was going once. And forget about the resources and how much work they done already if that wasn’t a factor at all would you want a reboot or do you want them to keep going with this messy situation that they’re in.
Who says that a reboot would have a solid plan and dont turn into an "mess" too?
The situation is not as messed up as many believe,its not a perfect situation,but its an acceptable situation at the moment.
I liked halo 4 though. One of the best stories in the series, and definitely better than halo 3.
I liked halo 4 though. One of the best stories in the series, and definitely better than halo 3.
This is a very rare instance where someone has the same opinion as me. So glad to see I'm not the only one!
It's way too late to restart or retcon anything from Halo 4. Everything has already been set in motion now.
Hmm, I think not.
I like Halo 4, in all its ways.
Absolutely not. Imo, Halo 4 has the best Halo story out of all of the games with one of the most powerful endings. Why would you want to reboot that? If you're unhappy with 5 maybe the reboot should start at 5?

Halo 4 ended in such a way that the series could have finished there, or it could have continued. They could have done anything with Halo 5 and Halo 4 would have still made a nice end-cap to anyone who only ever played or will only ever play Halo 1-4. Also, if anything, Halo 4 is the most consistent game in the series with the universe 343i is trying to build. It doesn't need to be changed or rebooted. If 5 had the same level of quality of 4 in terms of story then no one would be talking about a reboot.
( --_--)

p.s. I also like 5, but I understand why a lot of fans don't like the story. But I'll defend Halo 4 forever.
I would lose respect for 343i as a developer if they decided to leave their current course unfinished and go into a reboot. Rebooting is the fictional equivalent of declaring bankruptcy.
In my humble opinion, without any specific knowledge upon this or that Halo release but going by general patterns, if the times are tough - and indeed it seems the times are tough these places - Microsoft should push forward without looking or turning back, just straight ahead, doing what it knows how to do best and simply aiming to bring each installment in proper time to becoming as good experience for anyone - both the developers and players - as possible. Do not go into parallel lines, do not start again, do not redo any major part, because you will only prolong the current state. What has been done, has been done. Now move it. Just get through. You will make it.
Absolutely not. Imo, Halo 4 has the best Halo story out of all of the games with one of the most powerful endings. Why would you want to reboot that? If you're unhappy with 5 maybe the reboot should start at 5?

Halo 4 ended in such a way that the series could have finished there, or it could have continued. They could have done anything with Halo 5 and Halo 4 would have still made a nice end-cap to anyone who only ever played or will only ever play Halo 1-4. Also, if anything, Halo 4 is the most consistent game in the series with the universe 343i is trying to build. It doesn't need to be changed or rebooted. If 5 had the same level of quality of 4 in terms of story then no one would be talking about a reboot.
( --_--)

p.s. I also like 5, but I understand why a lot of fans don't like the story. But I'll defend Halo 4 forever.
I agree with your stance. Personally I feel that if Halo 5 had maybe three more hours of campign it would have be monumentally better (they could fill these three hours with missions based on blue team finding a message from Cortana on a mission and them then going to find more clues as to where Cortana is). Don't know why people don't like Halo 4's campign, it's personally my second favorite behind C.E.
Story wise I'd reboot from H5 if it's the story that needs fixed as H5 really deviated from what H4 started. Cortana being not only brought back, but evil is just a disgrace to me, then you have chief and his "humanity" story that was thrown away and other things like the Janice key or whatever it was called. Furthermore you have an interesting antagonist in mdama that you kill right away (in a non engaging way at that) in the following game... so again, if the story is the issue, reboot from H5.

ive had issues with the art style changes since Reach, it wasn't just H4 that bothered me when it came to art style. H4 took it to the extreme however and H5 carried that on.

I don't think a reboot needs done, simply retcon parts of H5 to make it work with what H4 started. What I'm curious about are the comments saying no and bringing up "they've already put to much into what they have now" when that was the case for H4 too, yet they threw those resources away. Resources mean little here as they've shown they don't care to throw away a few years of work so a retcon works out fine (so long as it fits, but because things are already messed up, may as well see if you can remedy some of the issues, and if it doesn't work out, you're only making the mess a bigger mess).
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2