Forums / Games / Halo 4

Should they reboot Halo 4 and start over ?

OP CrazyCheetah97

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Resources mean little here as they've shown they don't care to throw away a few years of work so a retcon works out fine (so long as it fits, but because things are already messed up, may as well see if you can remedy some of the issues, and if it doesn't work out, you're only making the mess a bigger mess).
Retcons are different from reboots. A retcon is a new piece of information added to the fiction that explains something differently than how the previous fiction explains it. Retcons are used for local changes within a fictional work. Reboots, on the other hand, are much more extreme. Reboots totally do away with either an entire fictional world or all the fiction of a world after a certain point in time. Examples of reboots: the Spiderman film series have been rebooted twice now. The Amazing Spiderman films were an entirely different fiction from the Toby Maguire Spiderman films, and the new MCU Spiderman is totally different again. The new versions completely ignore their predecessors. Example of a retcon: Cortana being alive. Where as she was previously described as dead, even by the devs, new fiction was added that reinterpreted what happened to her to allow for her to return.
I just don’t like the direction that they’ve gone into they did disregarded a lot of 4 story I mean we just woke up A forerunner then you decide to kill him in the books or he is defeated. And then 343 decide to forget that storyline and go straight to fighting an evil Cortana the love of my life I guess this is expected to happen when you’re writer for halo 4 leaves but you didn’t have to get Brian Reed if halo 6 is a fresh start again they better go all out they better changing the art style of the forerunners back to its original state to everything possible. no one was complaining with the style in the beginning but when you change something you’ll have a divide so it Will be better to get rid of that divide.
You'd need a time machine if you want a reboot.
Thats the only way to truly fix halo now.
No...Halo 4 is fine.as is.
What about halo 5?
What about halo 5?
Yeah halo 5 is all over the place.
No.They put so many resources into and abaddoning it now would be a wasting.
It’s better for the long term would you rather have a reboot with the solid plan or keep going on a direction where they keep winging it I Believe Frankie said they had no idea where the story was going once. And forget about the resources and how much work they done already if that wasn’t a factor at all would you want a reboot or do you want them to keep going with this messy situation that they’re in.
Although halo 5's story was a mess, that doesn't mean a reboot is going to solve the problem. They might actually get the story right in halo 6 and head toward a better direction than where they were originally going. And like he said it would be a huge waste of resources and efforts spent just to erase one mistake they made in one game that could easily be fix in the next one.
No.They put so many resources into and abaddoning it now would be a wasting.
It’s better for the long term would you rather have a reboot with the solid plan or keep going on a direction where they keep winging it I Believe Frankie said they had no idea where the story was going once. And forget about the resources and how much work they done already if that wasn’t a factor at all would you want a reboot or do you want them to keep going with this messy situation that they’re in.
Although halo 5's story was a mess, that doesn't mean a reboot is going to solve the problem. They might actually get the story right in halo 6 and head toward a better direction than where they were originally going. And like he said it would be a huge waste of resources and efforts spent just to erase one mistake they made in one game that could easily be fix in the next one.
I just think you could improve now that you’ve done it once to perfect and I always kind of wanted requiem to be a Dyson sphere when I played mass effect Andromeda there was a Dyson sphere and my gosh it looks pretty beautiful to have a whole World curve around you missed opportunity. And they could’ve went back to original forerunner art style they could’ve taking out the first level because when I saw that teaser for halo 4 that’s how the game should’ve started not understand what’s going on just being sucked in by this gigantic planet right away from when you wake up then you could spend more time on Requiem recovering it’s mysteries redoing the forerunners I see more positive than negative specially when you already have a basis grate things could be done with a reboot.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2