Forums / Games / Halo 4

[Locked] Spartan Rank

OP Wakemans

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
What is the quickest way to level up your spartan rank, I am currently at SR65 but it feels like it is going really slow. I know that daily, weekly and monthly challenges provide you with large amounts of xp that go towards your spartan rank and I try my hardest to complete them but it still feels really slow. Is there any other methods to level spartan rank up fast? and is it worthwhile trying to complete the legendary campaign, does it give you any boost.
Enlist in the Pioneer specialization, if you haven't already, and after you finish it use it's signature perk "Fast Track" to gain bonus XP.
Wakemans wrote:
What is the quickest way to level up your spartan rank, I am currently at SR65 but it feels like it is going really slow. I know that daily, weekly and monthly challenges provide you with large amounts of xp that go towards your spartan rank and I try my hardest to complete them but it still feels really slow. Is there any other methods to level spartan rank up fast? and is it worthwhile trying to complete the legendary campaign, does it give you any boost.
The challenges don't do anything actually.
The fastest way I know? Online Spartan Ops, where you always receive around 5000 or 7000 XP. Yeah, I know, it hurts that it's Spartan Ops (unless you like it). With fast track, it's minutes of your life you'll be saving.
Try entering the experience codes in the Xbox 360 waypoint app in the classified section.
Here are few of the best ways to rank up in my opinion.
  1. Focus on completing weekly challenges in Spartan ops and all the weekly challenges in Campaign that isn't just insane.
  2. Use Fast Track tactical package which is earned from completing the Pioneer Specialization which increases the amount of xp earned by 20%.
  3. Play preferable 10 minute games of Spartan Ops or War Games. Most of the xp are given dependent on time and you will stop gaining xp after 10 minutes. However, you should also complete the game to get a boost on top of that. I do play Spartan Ops on each which means each chapter will range from somewhere between 10 minutes and 15 minutes in most of the cases. That means I will with Fast Track earn more than 3k xp per Spartan Ops chapter completed.
  4. Enter the Waypoiny codes if you haven't already and they will give a decent amount of xp for getting entered.
  1. Focus on completing weekly challenges in Spartan ops and all the weekly challenges in Campaign that isn't just insane.
  2. Use Fast Track tactical package which is earned from completing the Pioneer Specialization which increases the amount of xp earned by 20%.
  3. Play preferable 10 minute games of Spartan Ops or War Games. Most of the xp are given dependent on time and you will stop gaining xp after 10 minutes. However, you should also complete the game to get a boost on top of that. I do play Spartan Ops on each which means each chapter will range from somewhere between 10 minutes and 15 minutes in most of the cases. That means I will with Fast Track earn more than 3k xp per Spartan Ops chapter completed.
  4. Enter the Waypoiny codes if you haven't already and they will give a decent amount of xp for getting entered.
  1. The challenges don't really do anything. They're just there to waste your time. I completed challenges, but they didn't do anything.
  2. Good suggestion.
  3. The fastest way I know to rank up is online Spartan Ops. You always get around 5000-7000 or at least 3000. That with fast track, you'll rank up in no time.
  4. Good suggestion.
  1. The challenges don't really do anything. They're just there to waste your time. I completed challenges, but they didn't do anything.
  2. Good suggestion.
  3. The fastest way I know to rank up is online Spartan Ops. You always get around 5000-7000 or at least 3000. That with fast track, you'll rank up in no time.
  4. Good suggestion.
The XP I keep track on in Spartan Ops are XP from completion, victory and fast track. This means all the xp from commendations and challenges are not included either way.
Really just grinding multiplayer but people still play halo 4? Lol
spartan ops for sure, and challenges dont hurt
1.) If you haven't enlisted in pioneer yet, do it when you can. It gives you the fast track tactical package. Fast track gives you an xp bonus every game.

2.) play Spartan ops online. There's hardly any people playing but you might be able to find a game on the first mission.

3.) enjoy your 6K xp.
1.) If you haven't enlisted in pioneer yet, do it when you can. It gives you the fast track tactical package. Fast track gives you an xp bonus every game.

2.) play Spartan ops online. There's hardly any people playing but you might be able to find a game on the first mission.

3.) enjoy your 6K xp.
It's faster to play solo Spartan Ops as you are not population dependent and you don't have to wait for a single game. This means you can choose to play whatever mission you want and focus on missions that will help you to complete commendations or that will take 10 minutes to complete.
Try entering the experience codes in the Xbox 360 waypoint app in the classified section.
I would recommend the daily / weekly challenges as well. But the best advice is to just play whatever you have the most fun with. The total requirement is actually not all that much on Halo 4 to hit 130. Shoot, I got there and I've never gotten remotely close to the top of any XP grind in a game.

Somewhat off topic:

Totally forgot about this (quote above)

I sooooo miss the old Waypoint career page with all the sweet features / cool stat tracking. This site used to be awesome for 'checking in on my Halo stats / achievement tracking'. 343 has somewhat killed the fun factor by removing the career page. I have a couple screen shots to remember the good times before everything was condensed into one lame number.

Used to love seeing the specific achievement tracking by game. Now we just have one vague Halo gamer score with zero details on what achievement remain for which games.

Sad ):
J Teeps wrote:
I would recommend the daily / weekly challenges as well. But the best advice is to just play whatever you have the most fun with. The total requirement is actually not all that much on Halo 4 to hit 130. Shoot, I got there and I've never gotten remotely close to the top of any XP grind in a game.

Somewhat off topic:

I sooooo miss the old Waypoint career page with all the sweet features / cool stat tracking. This site used to be awesome for 'checking in on my Halo stats / achievement tracking'. 343 has somewhat killed the fun factor by removing the career page. I have a couple screen shots to remember the good times before everything was condensed into one lame number.

Used to love seeing the specific achievement tracking by game. Now we just have one vague Halo gamer score with zero details on what achievement remain for which games.

Sad ):
Honestly, as I said many times, I think challenges aren't worth your time. I did some myself but they didn't do anything.
J Teeps wrote:

Somewhat off topic:

Sad ):
Honestly, as I said many times, I think challenges aren't worth your time. I did some myself but they didn't do anything.
Some of the campaign challenges takes nearly no time to complete as some of the missions are very easy or that the skull combination isn't too bad. The Spartan Ops challenges are also worth doing as it will add tiny bonus of something between 1-2 missions which means those 2 challenges will save you playing 3-5 Spartan Ops games dependent on how much they will award.

The multiplayer challenges do come in many cases naturally and you could always focus on them if they aren't to far out of your path.
J Teeps wrote:

Somewhat off topic:

Sad ):
Some of the campaign challenges takes nearly no time to complete as some of the missions are very easy or that the skull combination isn't too bad. The Spartan Ops challenges are also worth doing as it will add tiny bonus of something between 1-2 missions which means those 2 challenges will save you playing 3-5 Spartan Ops games dependent on how much they will award.

The multiplayer challenges do come in many cases naturally and you could always focus on them if they aren't to far out of your path.
Yes, when I say do daily / weekly challenges, I meant the ones that come naturally when playing MM. I personally didn't bother with non-MM achievements.

3.) enjoy your 6K xp.
It's faster to play solo Spartan Ops as you are not population dependent and you don't have to wait for a single game. This means you can choose to play whatever mission you want and focus on missions that will help you to complete commendations or that will take 10 minutes to complete.
I thought you didn't get as much xp if you played solo?

3.) enjoy your 6K xp.
I thought you didn't get as much xp if you played solo?
I do get a bit more than 3k xp solo only for completing a mission that takes more than 10 minutes and that is actually a lot of xp because you don't have to wait that much time between the missions.

Matchmaking can sometimes be extremely unreliable if you play solo or even sometimes coop.
Spartan Ops games do give a lot of XP, especially online. The challenges don't hurt. Also, it'll help to play a bunch of matchmaking to get some progress on commendations. The rewards for master level commendations aren't something to scoff at.

Good luck, though. It's been 5 years since I've had the game, and I just reached 130 a week ago. Although it didn't help that I took 2 years off from the game.
The max Spartan Rank is One-Thirty!
The max Spartan Rank is One-Thirty!
I think it's a well know fact for most of the players as the standard ranks are SR1-SR50 and then there are 8 specializations that can be completed and each specialization adds 10 extra spartan ranks.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2