OP I The Tyrant I

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 117
Hey folks!

The Official Halo 4 Mythic Difficulty Walkthrough is now LIVE on HBO! Be sure to check it out for the latest tips and tricks on Halo's most challenging difficulty!

What is Mythic Difficulty? The name derives from the Heroic, Legendary, and Mythic ranks of the Bungie forums and the Halo 3 map packs. Mythic, however, was the only "rank" to never become an official difficulty. Since it is deemed to be the highest, the hardest mode the game has to offer needed to earn its title. Thus, Mythic was formed.

More specifically, Mythic Difficulty refers to playing the game on Legendary with all skulls activated. We like to refer to this as SSLASO to incorporate both single player and co-op modes. No, that extra "S" wasn't a typo. Unlike simple SLASO (Solo Legendary All Skulls On), SSLASO stands for "Single-Segment Legendary All Skulls On", meaning the player must make it through each mission individually on Legendary with all skulls on, from start to finish, in one go. No deaths. No saves. No reverting to the previous checkpoint in co-op mode. This is a challenge to be feared.

As such, this thread will serve as the main hub for Waypoint enthusiasts to visit for all their Halo 4 campaign needs. I will be posting the guides for each mission here as they become available. For more information and guides for all Halo games, please check out my home site www.mythictyrant.com as well as Mythic Nation where all Mythic Conquerors and Apprentices (past and present) gather to share even more valuable campaign information. You can also view all previous Mythic Guides on HBO's homepage.

I look forward to embarking on this journey with all of you. Godspeed, and as always, I'll see you on the battlefield!

EDIT: As usual, I will also be posting a solo Legendary Walkthrough to help bridge the gap for folks who aren't quite ready for Mythic just yet but are looking to get there at some point in their Halo career. This thread will serve as a hub for both guides. When a guide is ready, you can click on the "Mythic" and "Legendary" names beneath the mission title, and it will take you to the guide.

Quote:

TYRANT'S OFFICIAL MYTHIC DIFFICULTY & LEGENDARY WALKTHROUGHS

1) Dawn
-Mythic
-Legendary

2) Requiem
-Mythic
-Legendary

3) Forerunner
-Mythic
-Legendary

4) Infinity
-Mythic
-Legendary

5) Reclaimer
-Mythic
-Legendary

6) Shutdown
-Mythic
-Legendary

7) Composer
-Mythic
-Legendary

8) Midnight
-Mythic
-Legendary
Quote:
Halo 4 Mythic Conquerors

1) AuraSoldier313
2) MichaelWSmith
3) Ultimate RC
4) Old n Achy
5) I The Tyrant I
6) Swartzenegger
7) Legendary smile
*MAJOR UPDATE!

While I realize we lack a theater mode and a proper stats system, I've decided to go ahead and publish a list of Mythic Conquerors in the OP anyway.

Now, I know this could be the subject of controversy and even stir up the occasional spats of war down the road, but...

I believe these folks deserve to be recognized for all of their hard work, and it isn't their fault that we don't have the usual tools at our disposal for average verification.

The other reason I'm doing this is so that folks have videos to reference for their own attempts, especially since my own guide won't be out for awhile. As you can see, I haven't linked their profiles, but rather their YouTube playlists featuring their Mythic runs.

Unfortunately, this DOES mean that in order to be eligible for "The List", a capture card and a YouTube account is required. Furthermore, if you are a relatively unknown person existing outside of the Mythic Community, it will be that much more difficult for you to be verified and your accomplishments known.

In the end, however, I believe the benefits of The List returning far outweigh the issues. At least for now. So, I tip my hat to the current conquers and hope you enjoy your stardom. Thank you for all you've done for our community :)

Best Regards,
Victor "Tyrant" Morris
Great
Getting a head start, huh Tyrant? Hopefully we can get campaign theater back so we can have a conqueror's list as well.
Quote:
Getting a head start, huh Tyrant? Hopefully we can get campaign theater back so we can have a conqueror's list as well.
Yup! I always begin the post a few days early so we can start preparing ;)
I was using your Halo 2 legendary walk trough the other day and for Metropolis where those infinitely spawning Jackal snipers spawn I was trying to kill all the snipers and get past on foot but I never realized that they were infinitely spawning before using your guide and that I could go and get your warthog, so thanks for the help, but yeah anyway are you going to do a legendary guide as well?
With out your videos I never would have been able to complete some of the weekly challenges in Reach. I am very glad to hear you will be doing them again for Halo 4. Keep making the impossible, possible Tyrant!
I've always loved your guides, Tyrant! They're really helpful and reliable. I'm not sure I would've beaten Reach on Legendary without them. Can't wait to see your Halo 4 guides!
You always have great guides, definitely going to follow them!
A new challenge is upon us...

Mythic Conquerors UNITE!
Quote:
I was using your Halo 2 legendary walk trough the other day and for Metropolis where those infinitely spawning Jackal snipers spawn I was trying to kill all the snipers and get past on foot but I never realized that they were infinitely spawning before using your guide and that I could go and get your warthog, so thanks for the help, but yeah anyway are you going to do a legendary guide as well?
Halo 2 Jackal Snipers are the bane of my existance :-P Glad to help when and where I can! :)

And thank you everyone for the words of encouragement!
Nice to see a Mythic thread again! It's indeed a shame about the absence of theatre mode, but nonetheless I'm very excited about the campaign and will eventually try to complete Mythic hoping that the theatre mode will be released by then.

Good luck to all newcomers and existing conquerors attempting this!
Dang it! Another achievement I'll never be able to unlock
Quote:
Nice to see a Mythic thread again! It's indeed a shame about the absence of theatre mode, but nonetheless I'm very excited about the campaign and will eventually try to complete Mythic hoping that the theatre mode will be released by then.

Good luck to all newcomers and existing conquerors attempting this!
Or perhaps even a Mythic achievement? :)
Glad to see the Mythic thread up. Will be starting in on the Mythic quest first thing. Have you talked to the moderator yet about pinning this thread?
Good idea. Let's see if it'll take :)
Are skulls available in Spartan Ops? If so you should add those missions as well.
Legendary is a -Yoink-.

No amount of profanity can describe the difficulty of Mythic.
Quote:
Legendary is a -Yoink!-.

No amount of profanity can describe the difficulty of Mythic.
That's what everyone says :-P

To this day, I still consider Halo 3, ODST, and Reach Mythic Difficulties to be FAR easier than Halo 2's standard Legendary :)
Good-luck with this one Mythic players. You'll need it.
That was quick! Thanks tyrant!

Holy crap! This is a challenge, not a walkthrough for the normal campaign person. SSLASO,that would have me swearing at the tv for sure.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 117