1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 117
Can you do a Legendary walk through too? For those who just want to do it on Legendary and may be stuck at a certain point. Your guides always helped me for Halo 3.
Quote:
Can you do a Legendary walk through too? For those who just want to do it on Legendary and may be stuck at a certain point. Your guides always helped me for Halo 3.
Oh yes of course :) Thus far I've done Legendary walkthroughs for all of the campaigns in addition to the campaigns that apply to Mythic. I won't let Halo 4 slip through my fingers. You can count on that :)
I'm one of those guys that would just be happy to finish the campaign on mythic but the people that want to be the first one to finish the campaign on mythic difficulty will have a hugh challenge infront of them.
Didn't you make a Halo: Reach Mythic guide backj on Bnet?

Anyway get this stickied!!
Quote:
Didn't you make a Halo: Reach Mythic guide backj on Bnet?

Anyway get this stickied!!
Sure did! Also for Halo 3 and Halo 3: ODST :)
I want to do this but I'm going to have to wait until the Holidays. No way I can do this with school still going.
Any idea how long it will take until the first guide get uploaded?
Quote:
Any idea how long it will take until the first guide get uploaded?
The goal is to have the entire guide done within a month, but I don't want to make any promises until I'm well endowed in the campaign :-)
Great news this! Looking forward to this, Tyrant at hs best..... Oh and watch out or your friends the jackal snipers!!
First up, thanks for everything you've done before Tyrant - I'm a huge fan of your work and humour. Looking forwards to the next series.

A couple of questions:

Assuming there are glitches like the Nightfall forklift in Halo 4, is the use of glitches frowned on in Mythic? Or should we make the most of any bone we're thrown?

Will you be doing speedruns as well? I know that they can be approched differently (more risky) so maybe once the standard Mythic is done?.

Are you going to co-op with RC Master again? LOL
Quote:
First up, thanks for everything you've done before Tyrant - I'm a huge fan of your work and humour. Looking forwards to the next series.

A couple of questions:

Assuming there are glitches like the Nightfall forklift in Halo 4, is the use of glitches frowned on in Mythic? Or should we make the most of any bone we're thrown?

Will you be doing speedruns as well? I know that they can be approched differently (more risky) so maybe once the standard Mythic is done?.

Are you going to co-op with RC Master again? LOL
Thanks!

The only glitch that is frowned upon is "Save & Quit", but the rules of SSLASO prevent that anyway. Anything else is fair game :)

Only if those speedruns make the mission easier. If there is a safer and better way to get around a particular encounter, I will be using that method instead.

We're planning to! RC Master is by far my most favorite campaign partner (no offense intended for anyone here I've played with). We have very different approaches that for some reason seem to sync perfectly together. It is an honor to game with him, and I very much look forward to our future endeavors :)
Yeah, this is going to be difficult.

Finished Legendary in just over 6 hours, and uh, yeah. It's going to be extremely hard.
I know Aura has started attempting the first mission. What he's been telling me doesn't sound pleasant.

We're in for a challenge.
Looking forward to some videos, you guys come up with some awesome little tricks which help me with legendary solo no skulls:)
There is an emblem you can unlock via Waypoint that is called 'LASO.'

It looks like a human skull with a cross behind it.

Don't have any more information than that.
Edit: Man this post was stupid in hindsight. So many things I went over have changed in retrospect.

All levels on Mythic Difficulty playlist.

Okie dokie, attempted the first mission on Mythic and finally (and I mean FINALLY with a sigh of relief) completed it without Iron to test out how things would go.

The harsh reality: we're so boned.

Let me just go over the big long list of things that I encountered:

Combat
- Shields drop as fast as snapping your fingers
- Melee opportunities are incredibly risky but ultimately kinda necessary. Your shields drop so fast and enemies are rarely going to give you an inch to melee them that you're likely to be in a perpetual state of shieldlessness.
- Ammo is scarce and ineffective for the most part
- UNSC weapons are rare for the most part, so get used to the Lightrifle and Boltshot
- You're only ever gonna really get 2 overcharges from a plasma pistol. 3 if you're really lucky with a pick-up, or 5 from a 100% one.
- Coincidentally, plasma peppering's ineffective and just a waste of ammo.
- Enemies just don't relent from searching for you and are practically aware of your presence 24/7; take ages to go back to scouting.
- You can survive Beam Rifle rounds at full shields at the cost of all your shields. Binary Rifles are still one hit kills.

Enemies
Grunts:
- Standard tier
- 1 headshot is a kill across all grunts
- Good for getting shields back in melee
- Spam nades a lot

Jackals:
- Irritating tier
- 1 headshot to kill, however there's no wrist to head stagger kills with Mythic/Thunderstorm active. Thankfully they move around a lot more and present themselves as viable headshot targets rather than sitting behind their shields all bloody day.

Elites:
- OH DEAR GOD WHY?! tier
- All General rank a la Reach's Generals excluding scenario specific (Rangers etc)
- They take 4, yes 4, overcharges to have their shields stripped, and their shields recharge very, very fast.
- Too damn accurate
- Often very inclined to chase you if you get too close. Expect to die in said situation
- Grenade happy like the Reach Ultras
- Only reliable methods of killing them are stockpiling and using plasma pistols + headshot until they're dead, and assassinations (non-animation)
- Just all around uber-OP

Hunters:
- I'd assume uber-tank tier like always.
- The whole circle strafe melee thing will be in play a lot.
- Thankfully there's only about 6-8 hunters throughout the entire campaign so there's little need to worry about them for the most part.

Prometheans
- Haven't tested any missions with these guys yet, but if Legendary was anything to go by, they'll be the most ungodly broken enemy we'll ever have to face.
- Want to assassinate them? Good luck getting passed the blade and their stupidly quick reflexes
- Want to kill them conventionally? Good luck with having any ammo to actually do so on Mythic
- Just want to survive against them? Yeah, no.

Final verdict: This is Halo 2 tier hard, and I don't say this lightly. From the serious frustrations I had with just trying to kill Elites, I can't imagine how any of us can possibly do some of the Promethean heavy missions at all.

I really hate to say this, and I mean REALLY HATE to say this, but I legitimately believe some levels just can't be beaten on Mythic. Factoring in ammo conservation, tactics, and actually dealing with the myriads of enemies, especially Prometheans, I just don't see it happening. I really hope I can prove myself wrong by actually doing it myself, or at least seeing someone having done it.
Awesome!
I have no doubt we have our work cut out for us, but even Reach seemed grim at first with the n00b combo being kicked out of the equation. I'm still doing Legendary but I'll keep you updated.

In the mean time, do we still have the same issues with the Iron skull?
Quote:
In the mean time, do we still have the same issues with the Iron skull?
You can still save and quit with iron on and resume from your last checkpoint.

:/
Good luck guys, I'm sure this will be one glitch heavy mythic run.
Quote:
Okie dokie, attempted the first mission on Mythic and finally (and I mean FINALLY with a sigh of relief) completed it without Iron to test out how things would go.

The harsh reality: we're so boned.
Don't forget about the projectile speed. 343 said in the Covenant weapons bulletin that it'd be manageable but in Legendary gameplay, it seems to be impossible to avoid. It's not just the Needler, but also the fuel rod gun and concussion rifle (it seems almost instantaneous). Can you verify this?

Also, how fast does Black Eye recharge? Is it instant, fast, slow as Reach, or even slower?

These are, IMO, probably the biggest factors to whether or not SLASO is possible.

Quote:
- Melee opportunities are incredibly risky but ultimately kinda necessary. Your shields drop so fast and enemies are rarely going to give you an inch to melee them that you're likely to be in a perpetual state of shieldlessness.

- Enemies just don't relent from searching for you and are practically aware of your presence 24/7; take ages to go back to scouting.
-Jeez, I know I wanted to have the opportunity to go up close but not like this! Does double melee exist in this game?

-Good to know that they actually revert to patrolling after some time. Though it's obviously going to be inconvenient in a speedrun. Or any run.

Quote:
- 1 headshot is a kill across all grunts

- 1 headshot to kill, however there's no wrist to head stagger kills with Mythic/Thunderstorm active. Thankfully they move around a lot more and present themselves as viable headshot targets rather than sitting behind their shields all bloody day.

- All General rank a la Reach's Generals excluding scenario specific (Rangers etc)

- They take 4, yes 4, overcharges to have their shields stripped, and their shields recharge very, very fast.
-Great.

-So they're no longer moving shields, but moving targets. Sounds like a nerf but I'm not complaining.

-Holy -Yoink-! Well, at least I'll be able to make an army of them on Easy...

-They sound incredibly cheap!! This is really going in the wrong direction. How about splatter attempts? Also, have you tried drawing them closer with an empty vehicle seat?

Quote:
- Too damn accurate
- Often very inclined to chase you if you get too close. Expect to die in said situation
- Grenade happy like the Reach Ultras
- Only reliable methods of killing them are stockpiling and using plasma pistols + headshot until they're dead, and assassinations (non-animation)
- Just all around uber-OP
OMFG

Quote:
- Haven't tested any missions with these guys yet, but if Legendary was anything to go by, they'll be the most ungodly broken enemy we'll ever have to face.
On the bright side, this'll make all my miserable Reach experiences look like nothing. But god-damn, how many of them have Promethean Vision?!

Quote:
Final verdict: This is Halo 2 tier hard, and I don't say this lightly. From the serious frustrations I had with just trying to kill Elites, I can't imagine how any of us can possibly do some of the Promethean heavy missions at all.
Even worse than Halo 2 Mythic?! :O

Quote:
I really hate to say this, and I mean REALLY HATE to say this, but I legitimately believe some levels just can't be beaten on Mythic. Factoring in ammo conservation, tactics, and actually dealing with the myriads of enemies, especially Prometheans, I just don't see it happening. I really hope I can prove myself wrong by actually doing it myself, or at least seeing someone having done it.
How about exiting the maps? From what I've seen, it's really easy to do so.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 117