2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
So I didn't exactly get it......

what is the armor?
well its definitely not the MJOLNIR MK.VI (6) .... then what is it

If it was MK.VI then the story of him waking up in it doesn't make sense , so I'm guessing its the MJOLNIR MK.VII (7) now that makes sense , because the UNSC infinity is going to find him sooner or later and according to glasslands the UNSC infinity is holdin SPARTAN VI's and a single SPARTAN-II with a couple of MK.VII armor .

Again I'm suggesting it would be better if MC wakes in the MK.VI in the first mission then after that he gets suit up for the maybe or maybe not MJOLNIR MK.VII of course I'm not ranting I'm just hoping for 343i to put a Canonical reason for this issue.

thanks for reading

[UPDATE]

just hate the fact of the deal with it thing, I and many others care about this issue
Cortana modified the Mark 6 by re writing the HUDs software.

However, it was stated that players shouldn't look too much into it and instead see it as 343s take on the Mark 6 armor with all the visual enhancements the engine will bring. I think even Frank said something similar to this on Neo Gaf (or some other 343 employee).
Armor was updated/upgraded during cryo sleep
Quote:
Cortana modified the Mark 6 by re writing it's software systems and overall look while Chief was taking a cat nap in Cryo. This the story explanation though it's still the Mark 6 armor.

However, it was stated that players shouldn't look too much into it and instead see it as 343s take on the Mark 6 armor with all the visual enhancements the engine will bring. I think even Frank said something similar to this on Neo Gaf (or some other 343 employee).
i think the MARK VI becomes the MARK VII due to the upgraded armor. look it up in the novel: GLASSLANDS, FOR more info
The armor was NOT PHYSICALLY updated in cryo. That's impossible. She only updated his software. 343 changed the armor cause they wanted to.
Quote:
Cortana modified the Mark 6 by re writing it's software systems and overall look while Chief was taking a cat nap in Cryo. This the story explanation though it's still the Mark 6 armor.
But HOW? That is yet to be explained. I don't care how much software Cortana can manipulate she can't just change the physical armor by changing a few settings.
Quote:
The armor was NOT PHYSICALLY updated in cryo. That's impossible. She only updated his software. 343 changed the armor cause they wanted to.
ok but in the novels, the armor can update itself. so the mkVI can become a mk.VII
Quote:

Basically this.

Also, unlike the Grunt, this change is very small and unimportant.
Quote:

But How did cortana do it how did she change the look I get her changing the system but the structure of the armor being changed is a different story
Quote:
Quote:
But HOW? That is yet to be explained. I don't care how much software Cortana can manipulate she can't just change the physical armor by changing a few settings.
no but the armor is so advance that it could become a MK.VII. physically i dont know about that. it is a game. get over it and enjoy it
Quote:
But there has to be a canon reason. We all know 343i changed the armor so it would fit what they plan on doing with John already. Maybe there were prototype nanobots on the Forward Unto Dawn. Idk There needs to be a canon reason.
Most of the of the reason for the upgrade was mostly explain it GameInformer. Although I am still iffy about the armor being totally different, I look at it as a graphic update.
People still don't get it...

Cortana updated his firmware. That means, his HUD has changed, not the armor.
343i said that the new armor is their artistic interpretation for Halo 4, so basically, nothing has changed. It's still his old armour, but it looks different, because of their interpretation.

I don't like it, I would really like an explanation like in Halo 2...
For me and some others here, too it's a poor excuse.

It is not a really big deal I will look over it, but like I said, I would really like a explanation, because it doesn't look like Mark VI.
Quote:
Quote:
ok but in the novels, the armor can update itself. so the mkVI can become a mk.VII
link about this info please
Quote:
Didn't i mention that players shouldn't be looking too deeply into this?

Basically you can go with your last statement and be none the wiser. It's what they did really.

However i do have to point out that while i am skeptic she was able to do that modifications at all (sans the HUD re write) due them being on a derelict ship, that is the Mark 6, not the Mark VII.

Why you ask? It was really kept under wraps (very secretly) and Cortana was busy with Gravemind most of Halo 3. There is no way she would have time to figure out there's was new breed of Spartans and power armor while helping Chief blow up the replacement Halo/The Ark.

Plus they were cut off from known UNSC space for four years, Glasslands takes place shortly after Halo 3. No way Cortana would have the means to create the power armor the Spartan VI Commandos used as she has no knowledge how to, let alone the existence of said Spartans.

I think some people are confusing the Mark VIIs ability to repair and upgrade itself. The Mark 6 (even with mods) cannot do this. So didn't happen within Cryo.

Now the possibility exists that the Chief will get the eventual upgrade as proven with Naomi, Spartan IIs are capable of using the Mark VII armor configuration.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
no but the armor is so advance that it could become a MK.VII. physically i dont know about that. it is a game. get over it and enjoy it
See thats what I hate. The "It's just a game" excuse. No. If there was something like this in a movie, or tv series would you be saying it doesn't matter?

Halo is a universe full of wonder and mystery. And every little thing is explained with some actual technological or scientific reason. How energy swords work? Explained. How MJOLNIR works? Explained. etc. And its never just some random technobabble answer ether. Thats one of the appeals to the Halo Universe, it doesn't go "Oh a wizard did it." when there is something unexplained or there is some small plot hole. It's sci-fi but down to Earth.

We all love Halo here. Millions of people play the games, read the novels and purchase Halo merchandise. Saying "Its just a game" is an insult to all of us and Halo.

Quote:
Didn't i mention that players shouldn't be looking too deeply into this?
See ^ That.
In the latest video from Gameinformer, Frankie said that the look of the chief has changed due to different artists and more polygons to play with. HOWEVER, he did say that there is a canonical reason for the change.
Quote:
In the latest video from Gameinformer, Frankie said that the look of the chief has changed due to different artists and more polygons to play with. HOWEVER, he did say that there is a canonical reason for the change.
The canonical reason being that Cortana modified Chiefs Armor. As said i am skeptic but that's how it is.
Quote:
People still don't get it...

Cortana updated his firmware. That means, his HUD has changed, not the armor.
343i said that the new armor is their artistic interpretation for Halo 4, so basically, nothing has changed. It's still his old armour, but it looks different, because of their interpretation.
This is exactly what Frank was talking about.
Quote:
Quote:
The canonical reason being that Cortana modified Chiefs Armor. As said i am skeptic but that's how it is.
But how.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5