Forums / Games / Halo 4

Was halo 4s Campaign Bad?

OP FateMaker

Im just Questioning if it would be worth ut to play through halo 4s campaign again and see if its worth it?
I think it was over all good, but it could have been better
Bit confused by your wording. Have you played through it already and are you asking why some think the campaign was bad? Or are you wanting to play through it for the first time and want to know why some thought it was bad before playing through it?

I personally enjoyed it. It’s not my favorite of the series, but it’s a complete story in itself. Some of the enemies are pretty annoying which affects the overall gameplay quality. But, the narration is good and the plot flows well. Wanted to keep it short but there are other pros and cons too.
I enjoyed the story, much more than Halo 5.
KingJax03 wrote:
Why? How?
KayMrt wrote:
KingJax03 wrote:
Why? How?
It was all kind of random with the new art style with the covenant and I wished they gradually introduced it to us and a lot of the weapons were changed or removed from Halo 3
I enjoyed Halo 4's story. It had a decent plot, new interesting enemies, powerful music (I loved the tracks near the end of the story), and some new gameplay mechanics like the part where you're flying in that ship trying to reach the Didact, which I thought was really cool and unique. I also feel like Master Chief felt the most alive in this Campaign instead of him just mumbling a few words here and there in the previous Halo games. It's definitely not my favorite but I felt as though 343 did a great job proving that they can make a great Halo story just like Bungie.

However, I always felt as though the Campaign was lacking what the other Halo Campaigns had. I'd spend hours messing around in Halo 3's Campaign because of all the different things that you could do or use but I didn't have that feeling in Halo 4. There weren't a lot of vehicles like there is in Halo 3 and Halo: Reach, and I didn't like how a lot of the weapons from Halo 3/Reach were either gone or changed. I don't prefer Halo 4's artstyle but I don't hate it either so I guess it's a love-hate relationship for me.

It's definitely not a bad Campaign in my eyes. I'd personally say Halo 5: Guardians has the worst Campaign by far.
Well legendary difficulty was a bit boring. Usually the strat that works is light rifle at a distance. Story is nice and there are some good gameplay moments. Go for it if you want. Will likely be a decent experience.
FateMaker wrote:
Im just Questioning if it would be worth ut to play through halo 4s campaign again and see if its worth it?
If you still own the game then it couldn't hurt, but if you'd need to repurchase it then I wouldn't pay any more than $5.00 for it. The singleplayer of Halo 4 isn't terrible by any means, but it's just so average that once you beat it once there really aren't any standout moments that you want to revisit.
i found it a lot easier then the others on legendary but i loved the whole story
I'm not sure I would say bad, but certainly controversial.

I recall not liking it at all at launch, sans a few key moments, but as the years have passed I think it found its place among the other Halo games.
I think it was amazing. The dynamic between Master Chief and Cortana is awesome, the Didact is very menacing, and I love the setting of Requiem. The only parts I don't like would be the art style change and the Supressor.
It was spectacular to me. It went where Bungie never went before. Reviving the race of Forerunners, which in the past where only mentioned and their planets and tech left; new enemies as well as classic foes, the bond between Master Chief and Cortana and a look at Chief´s humanity. I mean, we never saw him going against orders before and on Halo 4 we saw how he stood up against an officer.
It was spectacular to me. It went where Bungie never went before. Reviving the race of Forerunners, which in the past where only mentioned and their planets and tech left; new enemies as well as classic foes, the bond between Master Chief and Cortana and a look at Chief´s humanity. I mean, we never saw him going against orders before and on Halo 4 we saw how he stood up against an officer.
GIVE ME THAT CHIP
No, sir.
One of my favourite Chief moments. I wonder how much it took for him to say that.
GIVE ME THAT CHIP
No, sir.
One of my favourite Chief moments. I wonder how much it took for him to say that.
Exactly. We all know that Chief had been trained since he was 6 years old to fulfill his mission and accept every order. To stand up against that order showed that he had his own humanity too.
It’s a love story kinda but it’s pretty fun
Short answer: No.

Long answer: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Absolutely not. Maybe the gameplay has problems, and could be better, but the story is brilliant.